• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

I have spent all evening getting absolutely nowhere in Ni-Oh and I have been loving it. I'm sooooooo bad at Souls but I love them. Will play Michonne now.

I died like, five times right at the beginning of Ni-Oh. XD

Lemme know what you think of Michonne, I liked it a lot.

You beaten Dark Souls yet Freeza? I think I'm nearly there. It's been fun, I still haven't pulled my hair out yet.

Yeah, I finished it Friday night. I've still been poking around and cleaning up some odds and ends. Haven't beaten the optional boss though, fuck that guy. The camera is the bigger enemy in that fight. Probably won't start NG+ until after I finish the first DLC. Made that mistake with Bloodborne.

Yeah, I finished it Friday night. I've still been poking around and cleaning up some odds and ends. Haven't beaten the optional boss though, fuck that guy. The camera is the bigger enemy in that fight. Probably won't start NG+ until after I finish the first DLC. Made that mistake with Bloodborne.
Sounds like I have that to look forward to.

Zombine

Banned
I died like, five times right at the beginning of Ni-Oh. XD

Lemme know what you think of Michonne, I liked it a lot.

It's so good though! Tougher than Dark Souls III at the start that's for sure.

Speaking of Walking Dead, Kirkman confirmed that like Michonne, Episode 3 is going to take us right to where we are in the comic timeline. Teenage Clem inbound.

tim1138

That is a nice interview but I'm not seeing where he says he's done with superheroes. More that he's done it all, not that he wouldn't go back.

Great article, although I didn't see anything in there about him being done with superheroes?

I read this as him saying he's done, clearly I interpreted it differently than everyone else.

Aside from leaving his house for more company, Morrison admits he’s pretty much done it all. “There’s nothing left,” he laughs. “I actually don’t have any dream projects now. I’ve done all the characters that intrigued me, apart from Wonder Woman.

Wasn't he doing more Multiversity? Or am I just imagining things?

There was supposed to be an OGN series, but nothing has been mentioned of that since SDCC last year.

Speaking of Walking Dead, Kirkman confirmed that like Michonne, Episode 3 is going to take us right to where we are in the comic timeline. Teenage Clem inbound.

tumblr_o221w3jx5R1v6jcnzo1_500.gif

Messi

Beyond just the one book?

Okay, look. No one had any idea Upchurch was a psychopath. I think Rat Queens just never recovered from that one. It would have been fine if Sejic could have stayed on, but again, things didn't work out.

no it wouldn't.

Also he walked away from Pisces too.

Owzers

Credits rolling on Dark Souls 3, now i just need to watch Trump win these primaries today. I will wait for dlc too, sending back to gamefly i presume. I never did stat reset, pyro for life i guess.

Savitar

Frank Cho has taken his dank memery to the next level (spoilered for possible NSFW, apols to mobileGAF):

Cammy1_cvrD-1-600x910.jpg

in 2016.

I don't even mind.

Alien day is awesome!

Except when the face huggers latch onto your face for several hours. I've had a pain in my chest since it died.

Tried to read a bunch of Inhumans stuff from over the decades, the only memorable one was probably the Jenkins miniseries, and it was mostly because the art was great.
It's easily the best of all the stories, and just a genuinely good Marvel story.
I liked Young Inhumans, but overall I think the Inhumans are a poor substitute for X-Men.
Also a good series, but they really aren't substitutes.
I don't really see them as a substitute for X-Men at all. More like a large scale alien society with a totally dysfunctional royal family. The trouble is, the ideal premise of Inhumans is hard to write for.
Bingo. Reading through Silent War, and it's kind of rough. It's hard to make you root for a society that not only doesn't get along with anyone else, choosing to be isolationist, but also can't get their own shit together.

I love the franchise, but I agree that they are hard to write for. They've definitely got the most varied storylines though. And the Royal Family is a very unique ensemble.
No the problem is the weight and size. I like to read my comics lying on my bed or on a sofa. I like hardcovers, but omnibuses are usually just too big. 200-300 pages is ideal. 400 pages I can handle. Beyond that I would only do it for a new volume of A Song of Ice and Fire on release day. :p
Lay one one side and put the book on the bed? It's how I read the JSA omni
Nighthawk looks dope.
Sick.
Going from

to

is definitely inexcusable.

I can take photos when I get home, but that HC is a huge disappointment. Thank God I have the single issues in digital.
That's super rough.
I'm finally watching Firefly. Four episodes in, and it's amazing. I watched the first episode like three times in the last seven or eight years, but I never went past that for some reason.

The first couple episodes are definitely the weakest, so I can see why you weren't inspired. Welcome to one of the greatest shows ever.
It's my least favorite of the Mutant Enemy shows, honestly. It's good, but I think it was so overblown when I went to watch it. I'd easily watch BtVS, Angel, and AoS over it. Dollhouse as well, actually.
About time. Love that series. I bought it again on BD a while back when Best Buy had it on sale for $14.99... Also don't forget to watch Serenity when you're done.

Yeah I bought Serenity on Blu-ray like four years ago thinking I would have watched Firefly sooner, lol. So I'm ready for it.
I originally watched Serenity not realizing that Firefly was connected to it at all. I love Serenity. Just not the show so much.

I mean in the sense that Marvel is now pushing Inhumans instead of X-Men because as far as the MCU goes, they can do fuck all without the X-Men film rights that FOX has.

I still don't think that's the case. If it was, then Marvel's been planning since War of Kings. Even then, I don't think they're substitutes at all. Inhumans are still far rarer than mutants and they have their own unique lore and storylines. They don't take anything away from the X-Men except for "people with powers pop up!" Even then, the Inhumans being ostracized and viewed as threats isn't something exclusive to these storylines that just popped up because of the perceived replacing of the X-Men. It's been a thing for a loooooong time.

Zombine

Banned
That Walking Dead: Michonne finale...whew.

I enjoyed watching Norma get eaten alive. The only person who ended up dying was the one shipmate that I knew jack shit about. No wonder Michonne was so fucked up when she came back to Rick on that ship though...

Here's to hoping that season 3 is just as good as that was.

That Walking Dead: Michonne finale...whew.

I enjoyed watching Norma get eaten alive. The only person who ended up dying was the one shipmate that I knew jack shit about. No wonder Michonne was so fucked up when she came back to Rick on that ship though...

Here's to hoping that season 3 is just as good as that was.

Yeah, I liked it a lot.
Everyone I gave a shit about survived and all the assholes got what they deserved.
That has to be a first for this franchise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 - fun issue with Doreen's mom showing up for a visit, a evil 40s hydra robot with a brain as a head also showing up, but they fix him and now he goes to school with them. Whut? This book is weird.

Art is still butt unfortunately. Yeah I said it!

Uncanny Inhumans #1 - Really liked this. Im so into Inhumans right now, wtf happened. Nuce introduction to why Beast and Johnny are in the book, Blackbolt walking in (actually flying in) on Medusa kissing Johnny was funny, especially with Medusa going "this is exactly what it looks like" ouch take that L Blackbolt. Speaking of BB, his time traveling antics searching for his son from Kang is also a nice thread. Book has me hooked in the best way. Awesome art too.

Messi

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 - fun issue with Doreen's mom showing up for a visit, a evil 40s hydra robot with a brain as a head also showing up, but they fix him and now he goes to school with them. Whut? This book is weird.

Art is still butt unfortunately. Yeah I said it!

Uncanny Inhumans #1 - Really liked this. Im so into Inhumans right now, wtf happened. Nuce introduction to why Beast and Johnny are in the book, Blackbolt walking in (actually flying in) on Medusa kissing Johnny was funny, especially with Medusa going "this is exactly what it looks like" ouch take that L Blackbolt. Speaking of BB, his time traveling antics searching for his son from Kang is also a nice thread. Book has me hooked in the best way. Awesome art too.

Say it all you want, doesn't make it true. Her art actively adds to the comedy.

UDON did a shit job and giving the writer a heads up might have been a good idea.

Kinda sorta maybe I guess, though I'd argue that the cover really has little to do with the narrative inside the book. As long as people keep falling for this shit and freaking out, Cho is going to keep drawing that pose. It's a war of attrition. Will Cho get tired of drawing it before people get tired of freaking out over it?

Messi

Kinda sorta maybe I guess, though I'd argue that the cover really has little to do with the narrative inside the book. As long as people keep falling for this shit and freaking out, Cho is going to keep drawing that pose. It's a war of attrition. Will Cho get tired of drawing it before people get tired of freaking out over it?

Thats the point. They hired Cho BECAUSE of that picture and controversy.

Messi

I get that...

And like clockwork, people gave them exactly the attention they wanted.

I really don't care how the people reacted. I think UDON should be better than that. But clearly they aren't, because this is very intentional. Also blindsiding your writer is just plain shit.

Top Bottom