• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Messi

Messi, I'm drinking Pitch Black. It taste like every other grape soda. Not feeling the hype.

So is Wes Craig but they just don't know it.

Sorry. I'm still salty.

You doing this to tease me? ITS BEEN 10 FUCKING YEARS SINCE I HAD IT. I AM OCEANS AWAY. FUCK YOU BUDDY.

Messi

Wait...Gail Simone was asking Scott Snyder this on twitter. Are Snyder and Capullo the only team left from he start of the New 52?? Are they the only team that went the distance? If so that is quite impressive. Also quite sad for the state of DC in a way.

Edit: Geoff Johns

Wait...Gail Simone was asking Scott Snyder this on twitter. Are Snyder and Capullo the only team left from he start of the New 52?? Are they the only team that went the distance? If so that is quite impressive. Also quite sad for the state of DC in a way.

She doesn't want to say Lobdell.

I know Lobdell left the book for a couple of volumes, but he's doing Red Hood still. He was the one who wrote it when New 52 launched too.

Maybe it's a blessing that he stays on it.

VanWinkle

What should I read next? I'm made some choices from my backlog that I think I would enjoy and would be okay reading right now.

rszimgp0831.jpg

It's quite impressive that Snyder and Capullo stayed together on that book as a team for so long. Artists usually move on.
Maybe it's something long time comic reader are used to, but I can't stand when I'm reading a series and then the artist changes between volumes. Especially I'm really liking the art style

That's actually something that sways me while browsing stuff on Comixology. Series with a consistent artist interest me more than those with different artists

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Aaaaaaaand just accidentaly read a huge Cap Civil War spoiler. Welp >_>

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Spider-Gwen is really underrated. I love that book.

Huh it was. I actually really liked it. Its not amazing by any means but it didnt bum me out like the last run did. Art is still lovely aswell. I am pleasently surprised.

It's a good book.

I really liked the first issue too.

Is it just my imagination or is the color palette for SG a bit brighter than it was pre-SW?

In other news Ant-Man #1 kind of boring.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am still spoilerfree but there is still the possibility that some of the leaks that went public during the production are becoming true.

Lot of hints regarding this.

Uncanny Inhumans #1 - Really liked this. Im so into Inhumans right now, wtf happened. Nuce introduction to why Beast and Johnny are in the book, Blackbolt walking in (actually flying in) on Medusa kissing Johnny was funny, especially with Medusa going "this is exactly what it looks like" ouch take that L Blackbolt. Speaking of BB, his time traveling antics searching for his son from Kang is also a nice thread. Book has me hooked in the best way. Awesome art too.
BB deserves those L's something fierce at this point. Shit he pulled during Infinity.
I wouldn't put much stock into the opinions of an inhumans fan
empire-taraji-p-henson-cookie-problems1.gif

Spider-Gwen is really underrated. I love that book.
I don't know if a book focusing on a character that Marvel loves to put everywhere can be underrated.
Messi, I'm drinking Pitch Black. It taste like every other grape soda. Not feeling the hype.
Because it actually tastes like something that isn't Mountain Dew. It's the only MD flavor that doesn't taste like just syrup to me. Also Pitch Black 2 was better, since it had sour in it.
I know Lobdell left the book for a couple of volumes, but he's doing Red Hood still. He was the one who wrote it when New 52 launched too.

Maybe it's a blessing that he stays on it.
Unless people want to actually enjoy those books.

Speaking of WHERE THE FUCK IS POODLESTRIKE!?
I wish I could get excited for video games again.
Same. Platinum's got me, but that's about it. I mean, I've been playing nothing but Pirate Warriors 2 and 3 for the past two months.
Why was the animation so effing bad?
Because DC doesn't like getting experimental with animation apparently, and none of their movies post-Flashpoint have been particularly special in regards to art or animation. Granted I've only seen two of them, but I'll judge the rest based on them.

Zombine

Banned
I am still spoilerfree but there is still the possibility that some of the leaks that went public during the production are becoming true.

Lot of hints regarding this.

I didn't follow the leaks. Gameproff is legit dying to spoil this movie. He's like:

"Remember those leaks you all saw, they're real 😉"

Talk about Spiderman or something for another week.

Everyone on the internet right now is the left panel in here-
tvw8NNu.jpg

Every time I read these books and random panels I always feel weird. They would never talk like this in the show.

ElNarez

Banned
I was real psyched to talk about Batman #51 and how it's a reaaaal nice bookend to the run but then I saw the Frank Cho Cammy variant and I think I am incapable of experiencing joy for the rest of the day

Tizoc

But the leak says that Thanos comes to earth, loses balance, falls on every other hero and only Inhumans are still around.

We'd still not care about the Inhumans.
Nobody cared for them 50 years ago, nobody cares about them now.

Dat Paul Jenkins Inhumans book is great though.

Mitch

Banned
Anything new worth picking up today? I'm so behind.

I finished vol 1-3 of Deadly Class. The
cliffhanger where Master Lin tells the students to kill the "rats" for their final
sent chills down my back. Not sure if I can wait until July for the next TPB.

Almost done with WicDiv vol 1. This is different than what I'm used to, which I really like. Not sure what else to say at the moment, since I'm still digesting what I've read. Gorgeous art, though!

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1 - fun issue with Doreen's mom showing up for a visit, a evil 40s hydra robot with a brain as a head also showing up, but they fix him and now he goes to school with them. Whut? This book is weird.

This is the only book that is urging me towards my MU resubscription.

Art is still butt unfortunately. Yeah I said it!

Yeah her art sent the book straight to the discard pile for me.

All you Henderson and Quitely haters will only be happy when we are left with the Alex Rosses and Greg Lands of this world.

</strawman>

Good Morning Folks! What a wonderful day it is.

Sure is. Slept for 12 hours straight!

Maybe some salt will do the trick.

Top Bottom