• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

mreddie

e0ncjIj.png

Good job Udon!

What happened?

Zombine

Banned
What happened?

Nontravercy 2016 is here. It's the one we all haven't been waiting for:

Apparently Udon commissioned Frank Cho to do his cheesecake Spider-Gwen cover for Cammy Legends or whatever. Jim Zub is sad. Life keeps moving forward until the next Frank Cho cover.

Still not gonna buy the book because who buys Street Fighter comics

in 2016

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You really think her art doesn't add to the comedy? I don't really know what to say. She is the perfect artist for that book.

Pulido, Aja, Steve Lieber off the top of my head all do comedy books and are good. I dont like the art in SG. Sometimes its passable, most times its awful, especially the faces.

But art is subjective so why are you even getting on my case about it? Im a Ramos and Sandoval guy remember, 2 of Gafs most hated artists. I like what I like and I dont like what I dont like.

Messi

Pulido, Aja, Steve Lieber off the top of my head all do comedy books and are good. I dont like the art in SG. Sometimes its fine, most times its awful, especially the faces.

But art is subjective so why are you even getting on my case about it? Im a Ramos and Sandoval guy remember, 2 of Gafs most hated artists. I like what I like and I dont like what I dont like.

Fair enough

I apologize for reacting to something you posted. I will return to not posting about it.

Zombine

Banned
Ramos charges an entire month's price of Marvel Unlimited for his signature. Is Ramos' name worth over 17,000 Marvel Comics? I would feel powerful as fuck.

I want to know how many people are running out to their LCS to pick up a new Udon Street Fighter joint anyways...

Probably no one.

I really don't care how the people reacted. I think UDON should be better than that. But clearly they aren't, because this is very intentional. Also blindsiding your writer is just plain shit.

I knew angry Messi was lurking under that "good job UDON."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ramos charges an entire month's price of Marvel Unlimited for his signature. Is Ramos' name worth over 17,000 Marvel Comics? I would feel powerful as fuck.

Ramos charges for autographs? Wtf?

Or is this normal in the industry?

Zombine

Banned
V4rkSH9.jpg

I am a Hero is coming out stateside and i just found out randomly browsing amazon? For shame.

Dude!

I was just talking about this with ComicGAF members today. It came in the mail today and I read the entire thing. Really interesting book that is a combination of Bakuman + Stand Tall + Night of The Living Dead. I feel like it takes way too long to get going, but once it does (around chapter 12...) I was left wanting more.

I had a signed issue #700 of ASM signed by him and a few years later, sold it in a lot with 12 other issues for around $60. I'm not saying his signature is the reason it went for so much, but it was able to pay for 17,000 Marvel Comics... 6 times.

Rhaknar

No, Ramos is just a dickhead.

Some will have an optional charity box that you can pay into if you like and it goes to a charity of the artist/writers choosing.

Lol what a dick. Still love his art tho, I have no time for morality!

Zombine

Banned
I had a signed issue #700 of ASM signed by him and a few years later, sold it in a lot with 12 other issues for around $60. I'm not saying his signature is the reason it went for so much, but it was able to pay for 17,000 Marvel Comics... 6 times.

Holy shit. I need this signature.

Imagine if he signed my Saga #1?

Messi

Hate to break it to you m8, but unless a CGC employee was there to witness her sign the book it is now worthless. You might as well hand it over to me.

Is it CGC graded? Otherwise I'm pretty sure they just consider it someone writing on your comic.

Kidding, maybe

I don't sell anything I buy. The only value that counts to me is the value I put on it.

That said, I do still have that Harley Quinn #1 by Adam Hughes that sells for big money.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...w=harley+quinn+1+adam+hughes+variant&_sacat=0

Rhaknar

Going to read Spider Gwen #1 because im betting the ANAD version is totally not a bland bummer of a book like the one before was.

Right?

Please?

Rhaknar

It's a good book.

Huh it was. I actually really liked it. Its not amazing by any means but it didnt bum me out like the last run did. Art is still lovely aswell. I am pleasently surprised.

Some will have an optional charity box that you can pay into if you like and it goes to a charity of the artist/writers choosing.

This is how I felt before but having Liefeld sign your copy of X-Force #1 makes the comic much more valuable. Why shouldn't he charge for providing that value?

Rhaknar

Amazing Spider-Man is so good, did Slott make a deal with Mephisto or something? Loved issue #2

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

SOME EVEN OFFER CANDY...FOR FREE

God, that's a gorgeous Jubilee.

And We Can Never Go Home looks great. I'd never heard of it before.

Messi

God, that's a gorgeous Jubilee.

And We Can Never Go Home looks great. I'd never heard of it before.

I have been trying to find that full Jubilee since I first seen this picture but I cant find it. Its by Brittney Williams from Hellcat/Goldie Vance.

Yes, I've definitely seen those pages around before. But what's the actual plot like?

Boy and Girl are thrown together because of circumstances, then Boy and Girl go on the run as one of them has powers. I shouldn't say more because not knowing is a big part of the fun.

Freeza, I really think you would like it. Its $9.99 on Amazon.

Top Bottom