• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Zombine

Banned
Frank Cho has taken his dank memery to the next level (spoilered for possible NSFW, apols to mobileGAF):

Cammy1_cvrD-1-600x910.jpg

in 2016.

Hot

VanWinkle

You have to hand it to BKV, though. I don't think there's a double-page spread in that entire book, maybe even the entire series. Contrast that to a writer like Bendis who has at least two in each issue of every comic he's ever written.

You ARE right there. And thank goodness, because that binding is ROUGH. Still, though, I had to hold the book open with my hands throughout pretty much all of it, which wasn't any fun.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I love that Europe can finally take part in the Nintendo Humble Bundle :D

#TeamEurope continues to dominate

The only thing America has left is the superior fast food and Zombine.
And even that isnt much importat because...

we have a Messi

You ARE right there. And thank goodness, because that binding is ROUGH. Still, though, I had to hold the book open with my hands throughout pretty much all of it, which wasn't any fun.

It's interesting to think about, especially with more and more artists producing art digitally. The artist who produced that Shazam pic on the previous page likely didn't have the fold in mind when illustrating or if they did, certainly not for the collected print binding.

I impulse-bought an iPad Air 2 last week and it showed up yesterday. I know I'm the last person in the world to get a tablet but I can already tell that it's a game-changer, not only for the amount of paper in my house but worrying about poor binding or huge dimensions on collected volumes. Plus the screen is so very, very beautiful. I think I'm hooked.

Just finshed Groom Lake after year on my wishlist.

We need to appreciate Ben Templesmith more!

Yeah, I really liked that one. That was probably one of my favorite Templesmith books. Haven't read Squidder yet, though.

IST got me this week. Thought I was gonna pass, but some stuff came out I needed.

EMMA HC GN VOL 04
INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US YEAR FOUR HC VOL 01
USAGI YOJIMBO SAGA TP VOL 06

At least I got dat free shipping.

Messi

I love that Europe can finally take part in the Nintendo Humble Bundle :D

#TeamEurope continues to dominate

The only thing America has left is the superior fast food and Zombine.
And even that isnt much importat because...

we have a Messi

You didn't have a crying Olivia Wilde Gif to go along with that last part?

VanWinkle

I'm finally watching Firefly. Four episodes in, and it's amazing. I watched the first episode like three times in the last seven or eight years, but I never went past that for some reason.

I'm finally watching Firefly. Four episodes in, and it's amazing. I watched the first episode like three times in the last seven or eight years, but I never went past that for some reason.

The first couple episodes are definitely the weakest, so I can see why you weren't inspired. Welcome to one of the greatest shows ever.

ANAD rankings, from the handful i've read:

Best Book: Black Widow
Worst Book: All New Hawkeye
Most Overhyped Book: Extraordinary X-Men?
Most Underrated: It's gonna be Nighthawk, I can feel it

Going from

to

is definitely inexcusable.

I can take photos when I get home, but that HC is a huge disappointment. Thank God I have the single issues in digital.
ew

never settle for binding that's less than good
sketchshark is good

About time. Love that series. I bought it again on BD a while back when Best Buy had it on sale for $14.99... Also don't forget to watch Serenity when you're done.

VanWinkle

About time. Love that series. I bought it again on BD a while back when Best Buy had it on sale for $14.99... Also don't forget to watch Serenity when you're done.

Yeah I bought Serenity on Blu-ray like four years ago thinking I would have watched Firefly sooner, lol. So I'm ready for it.

Yeah. Fortunately for me by the time I decided to collect them I was able to buy all Yen Press.

that seems like the worst outcome. i treasure my oldie versions.

i'm just waiting for them to hit CMX so i never have to worry about it

EDIT: Huh. They're available on Kindle. Gonna do a test run and see how they look.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Great comics this week:

Batman 51
Grayson 19
Injustice
Justice League 49

Saga 36
Sex Criminals 15

All-New Wolverine 7
Amazing Spider-Man 11
Avengers Standoff Assault On Pleasant Hill Omega 1
Carnage 7
Daredevil 6
Doctor Strange 7
Doctor Strange Last Days of Magic 1
International Iron Man 2
Old Man Logan 5
Squadron Supreme 6
Star Wars 18
Ultimates 6

Calcium

Banned
Finally going to order some Spider-Man books. I grew up reading Spider-Man so the fact that I haven't been reading it since I got back into comics has always bothered me. Finding a decent jumping in point has been a hurdle, but I think I've found a decent way of doing it. Going to get Dying Wish then all of Superior and start buying Amazing.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were a fun read. Mockingbird has been the best part so far though. Can't wait for her book to drop. Will be sticking with ASM for the foreseeable future.

Next up New Avengers.

Top Bottom