• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Got my Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight Volume 4 OHC from my LCS. Quick grabbed it and brought it home. Took it out of the plastic and THEN notice the back cover was massively bent.

Very upset
i think they are still wrapping up Secret Wars tie-ins but it's close.

Today is the day! There is no chance Wrestlemania isn't the best wrestling event of the year. You'll see, you'll all see.

I'll make them....believe that.
Just gotta Bo-lieve

ElNarez

Banned
All caught up on WicDiv. The issue
where Tara commits suicide
is a pretty direct reaction to Gamergate right? At least I'd guess so because Gillen is a former game journalist. Mixing up the artists in the last arc was a cool experiment, but I'm still glad McKelvie is returning for the rest of the run.

It's kinda wider than that, but also, yeah, it totally is.

And you just reminded me of that goddamn soul-sucking spread, god damn.

What an issue.

What a comic.

Messi

Avengers Stand Off turned out to be cool, so maybe there is a chance.

Preordered the 50$ OHC last week

Does that include all the tie ins? Why not get it for 25 on IST?

I don't understand wicked Div. These people who die are dead dead or their souls will reincarnate in whatever amount of years?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Does that include all the tie ins? Why not get it for 25 on IST?

Do you mean Standoff or Civil War?

Standoff will include COLLECTING: WELCOME TO PLEASANT HILL PROLOGUE 1, ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL ALPHA 1, AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. 3-4, UNCANNY AVENGERS 7, ALL-NEW, ALL-DIFFERENT AVENGERS 7-8, NEW AVENGERS 8-10, CAPTAIN AMERICA: SAM WILSON 7-8, UNCANNY AVENGERS 8, ILLUMINATI 6, HOWLING COMMANDOS 6, ASSAULT ON PLEASANT HILL OMEGA 1
and goes after a price drop for 28€; Civil War only Issue 0-7, but will most likely get a pricedrop, too.

I cant use IST, because I dont have a credit card.

Tizoc

tumblr_o499c8zRdB1r7ni1io1_1280.jpg
"Oh #@$%*" indeed.

So i'be been slowly getting into reading comics and i started with The All New All Different Avengers. But im pretty confused, after #6 i read something called Standoff. Where do i go from here? Can i just continue with #8 of the All New, All Different Avengers, without losing track of what's happening, or do i need to read other standoff comics. If so, which ones should i read?

I'm hoping someone can help me out because im so confused :')

Owzers

But what if something happens in those issues tho?? I don't want you to be left behind Sillymonkey :(

on one hand, i don't like skipping events, on the other i'm already MU waiting Standoff and almost all the books that tie-in to Civil War 2.

If only there were someone on comics-gaf who could predict event quality future and we could all choose to side with them or not.

Nah Squirrel Girl rocks but it's Vision.
Vision is my number 2. I love Squirrel Girl too much.
It's the opposite for me. I greatly prefer Lupacchino's art to Conner's. Her leaving is what caused me to drop the book.

Conner is one of my favorite artists so I'm a bit biased. I love her facial expressions. I do think Lupacchino fits the book very well though, she does a good job at capturing how naive Kori can be.

Charretier's art is very different from Lupa's, so I can see not being into it, but I really like it. Works very well for the tone.

Wouldn't it be awesome if in one random panel in walking dead Rick gets killed. No fanfare no promotion . That'd take balls.

They've done that kind of thing before, so it wouldn't be a first.

It's kind of hard now when you get solicits months in advance...

The solicit could be intentionally vague - "HOLY SH**!"

Today is the day! There is no chance Wrestlemania isn't the best wrestling event of the year. You'll see, you'll all see.

That's really not saying much. They dropped the price $15 from last year. Probably given that their ratings are garbage. Believe that.

All caught up on WicDiv. The issue
where Tara commits suicide
is a pretty direct reaction to Gamergate right? At least I'd guess so because Gillen is a former game journalist. Mixing up the artists in the last arc was a cool experiment, but I'm still glad McKelvie is returning for the rest of the run.

There were some parts of WicDiv I really liked. I think one of my favorites was that really cool splash page:

Apparently the Jobber Battle Royale has been moved to the main card.

Trying to stretch out that run time.

But isn't Vision a 12 issue mini?

It is.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Charretier's art is very different from Lupa's, so I can see not being into it, but I really like it. Works very well for the tone.

It's not a knock on his work. I haven't even seen his Starfire. I just saw she was leaving and said "fuck it I'm out". I had already dropped all my other DC books.

Owzers

That's really not saying much. They dropped the price $15 from last year. Probably given that their ratings are garbage. Believe that.

You can't do anything to stop Roman Reigns Champ day. It's his time, he deserves this more than Hillary does the white house.

They definitely need it back on Rollins as soon as possible.

I wonder if tonight is going to be old man Taker's last match. It's probably going to be the most boring Hell-in-a-Cell match of all time.

It's going to be less of a match and more of a load of shenanigans. We can probably expect the Gobbledy Gooker to interfere at this rate.

They definitely need it back on Rollins as soon as possible.

I wonder if tonight is going to be old man Taker's last match. It's probably going to be the most boring Hell-in-a-Cell match of all time.
Shane is probably going to literally kill himself tonight, I think it'll be fine.

JEKKI

yo what's the deal with this Charles Soule Daredevil comic?

I havent picked up the latest issue yet, but how is it? coz is anybody else under the consensus that this series is real bad???

considering dropping it.

also... Monstress... what's great about this too?

art is nice, but the story is super underwhelming and I also wanna drop this too...

I'll stick thru the end of the first arc, but I also went on ebay to see if I may be sitting on a goldmine...

apparently, the 2nd printing of issue #1 goes for a pretty high price! like almost double compared to first print!

anybody know why??

I havent picked up the latest issue yet, but how is it? coz is anybody else under the consensus that this series is real bad???

considering dropping it.

I haven't read it personally, but I've not heard great things.

El Topo

Dear Image Comics, please stop spoiling your upcoming comics (*cough* WicDiv *cough*) on your website months before they are out.

Messi

considering dropping it.

also... Monstress... what's great about this too?

art is nice, but the story is super underwhelming and I also wanna drop this too...

I'll stick thru the end of the first arc, but I also went on ebay to see if I may be sitting on a goldmine...

apparently, the 2nd printing of issue #1 goes for a pretty high price! like almost double compared to first print!

anybody know why??

I feel the same about Monstress.

Messi

I don't think I'm quite there with the story, yet. I'm less into it than I was initially, but I'm still liking them premise. And the art has always been outstanding and justifies my buying the book regardless.

Art only gets me so far. The art is so up and down too. Some parts are stellar and other parts you can tell she rushed to get it finished.

But without a decent story I'm out after the first arc. I have no attachment what so ever to the characters.

He's gotta win though, right? I mean, they wouldn't build it up this much if they weren't going to give him control of RAW, at least within the context of the story, yeah?
You'd think, but they've gone weird directions before and compete let buried angles abruptly.

Maybe it'll just be the finger poke of doom, Shane wins and we get corporate Taker.

Owzers

I'm turning on the Supergirl show at episode 12, Supergirl hasn't had much growth and the dumbness of the standard cape show is taking over, mousy charm will not win the day.

Top Bottom