• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Btw Messi, after my root canal surgery there was barely any pain at all in my tooth, so if that's worrying you I wouldn't. I mean I had a seizure during, but afterwards the pain was maybe 3/10, took my painkillers and I was fine.

Owzers

I never have anything under control. That is the secret.

I have such little impulse control on regards to money.

Sometimes you have to remind yourself that they are only comics and there are more important things out there, like figures.

Foofaraw

Teen Titans is looking cool
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/cmx-images-prod/DigitalPage/30093939/790116c7f8326864cc6e9065e5c690de._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Hooooo boy. The art looks pretty bad, but the Pak is so good. Also, probably would lie to Wonder Woman to get her to make me tell her the truth.

Keeping up with the rule of waiting for 99% of Marvel stuff to show up on Unlimited is saving me lots of money.

Archie #7
Black Panther #1
Grizzly Shark #1

I'm aiming for the Felipe Smith variant cover. Told you guys he was a better artist than writer!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Keeping up with the rule of waiting for 99% of Marvel stuff to show up on Unlimited is saving me lots of money.

Archie #7
Black Panther #1
Grizzly Shark #1

I'm aiming for the Felipe Smith variant cover. Told you guys he was a better artist than writer!

Arent you an old fuck like me anyway? When weeks go by as fast as days do for young people, that 6 month difference isnt even a thing tbh

;_;

Messi

That..is amazing. If I had the money, I'd probably do this.

Batman - #13-17 Death of The Family

Joker is absolutely insane. This whole arc was pure insanity.

Now onto my personal favorite arc Zero Year. The art team deserves awards for this section.

Lashley

That's not entirely reassuring.

He already knows I had a seizure.

Also, do you guys find it hard to sometimes keep track of stories in comics? I read that many that when the next issue comes a month later I need to rely on the previously info to give my brain a catch up

Messi

Also, do you guys find it hard to sometimes keep track of stories in comics? I read that many that when the next issue comes a month later I need to rely on the previously info to give my brain a catch up

Yeah thos happens me a fair bit. I usually redownload the last issue and click through if I don't remember and it usually jogs my memory.

VanWinkle

I think that's one of the big benefits to being a purely collected edition reader like myself. I read the whole arc at one time before going to the next thing.

I'm generally pretty good with month-to-month books. The problem is the crossover titles or the big delays.

Mitch

Banned
Pulled the trigger on Black Science volumes 1-3 and the first hardcover book of East of West. Hopefully IST gets them to me before I move on the 16th.

Lashley

Pleased its not just me :p

Main comics I usually collect issues for before reading a full arc is The Walking Dead, Saga & Chew, but I have so many Star Wars comics to catch up on that it ain't even funny.

I am! I think slightly younger than you, but ancient by GAF standards.

Hey, we're the same age.

Not really. The exceptions being certain books that rely heavily on scientific themes. Manhattan Projects, Black Science, even East of West required a re-read when I felt like catching up. The old Hickman SHIELD series is another example.

Owzers

It's the books job to make me remember things, otherwise....everyone is a new character.

PsychBat!

Banned
giphy.gif

Boogiepop

I feel so bad for telling Boogiepop to buy the Walking Dead character specials. I forgot that it's legit only like 3 pages of new material and the rest are the introductory issues. I also forgot that they give those things away for free every year during Free Comic Book Day.

I owe you like $3.

Eh, it's cool. Even if I don't get anything out of it really, I'm wasteful enough with money on stupid things that it's assuredly not the worst money I've spent recently. Or hell, even the worst money I spent yesterday, as I was in a retro game store then and impulse bought a Super Famicom cartridge of Final Fantasy V for like $10. Mainly because I liked that game a lot when I played the GBA port and was like "eh, why not," but... there is like a .00001% chance of that cartridge ever getting played. And it's a Super Famicom cart so it's not even like it's much of a display item, and it's currently literally in a box with the rest of my stuff for the system so it's not even out to look at.

So yeah, I guess the moral here is I'm probably not exactly great with money.

Boogiepop

Oh, also, I've started Runaways. Enjoying it a good bit so far, but it definitely goes way too heavy on the pop culture/current events/etc stuff. Which I guess fits with the theme, but maaaan this book is full of references that'll be super dated before too much longer...

I started reading Injustice today, finally. I grabbed the first three years, so I'll grab Year Four and Five whenever I finish reading through what I already have.

Messi

Post BvS pre Rebirth Messi list :

Batgirl #50 (goodbye Babs Tarr :()
Detective comics #51
Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad April Fools special #1
Midnighter #11
Suicide Squad #19

The Fix #1
Grizzly Shark #1
Discipline #2 (I need to know what the fuck that last issue was. Just curious)
Wicked and the divine #18 (both covers because my queeeeen is on it)

Black Panther #1
Black Widow #2
Contest of Champions #7
Deadpool #9
Empress #1
Invincible Iron Man #8
New Avengers #9
Old Man Logan #4
Scarlet Witch #5
Spider-Man #3
Spider-Man 2099 #9
Spider-women alpha #1
Poe Dameron #1
Uncanny Avengers #8
Uncanny X-Men #6
Vision #6

Rachel Rising #41
Giant Days #13

Trades:
Giant Days Vol 2
Wicked and the divine OHC
Ms Marvel OHC Vol 2
Suicide Squad Vol 3
Wonder Woman Earth One.

Good week. Trades are dependant on whether or not I IST against my banks wishes. Lol

Lashley

Ultimates just gets better and better. To think, I thought I was going to hate it.

I started reading Injustice today, finally. I grabbed the first three years, so I'll grab Year Four and Five whenever I finish reading through what I already have.

I love Injustice. Great reads.

Post BvS Afterbirth Freeza list:

Justice League Darkseid War Special #1
Wonder Woman Earth One HC
The Fix #1
Walking Dead #153
Wicked & Divine #18
Wicked & Divine DLX HC VOL 1
Black Panther #1
Black Widow #2
Empress #1
Old Man Logan #4
Vision #6

I love Injustice. Great reads.

Yeah, it's really fun so far. Some of the dialogue is hysterical.

Black Panther #1
Wonder Woman Earth One HC
Wicked + Divine HC Vol.1

That's all for me. Considering sourcing the Vision and Ultimates runs so far too. Have all those Batman volumes and Nameless arriving this week too. Who needs to do college work when there's comics to read.

Top Bottom