• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

That reminds me, can someone explain to me the whole 1-2-3-4 in the WicDiv comics?

I always figured it was a reference to a soundcheck or count-in before a performance, or a 4/4 time reference since most of Gillen & McKelvie's kind of music is in that time signature.

Owzers

i didn't like Tomasi's Batman and Robin run before dropping it eight issues in, yet i'm now thinking about pre-ordering the first two issues of his Superman. Good idea?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really liked Monster Society of Evil in the end.

After this, I am not sure if I want to read the Shazam New 52 Mini. Seems pretty dark.

Boogiepop

I am now caught up on Walking Dead. Well, have to wait like 3 days for the new issue to pop up on Comixology, but yeah, otherwise caught up.

Just out of curiosity, how far behind is the show? Not intending to watch it or anything, just curious as to what point it's at...

I am now caught up on Walking Dead. Well, have to wait like 3 days for the new issue to pop up on Comixology, but yeah, otherwise caught up.

Just out of curiosity, how far behind is the show? Not intending to watch it or anything, just curious as to what point it's at...

It should be at #100 today.

The show isn't running the same story. Some things happen in the show that happened in the books, or happen differently, but for the most part the show is going in it's own direction.

New Batsuit is already starting to bother me as they don't have the symbol locked down.
within 5 pages of Batman and Robin Eternal they switched between like 3 completely different versions.

JEKKI

I haven't read it personally, but I've not heard great things.

I feel the same about Monstress.

I don't think I'm quite there with the story, yet. I'm less into it than I was initially, but I'm still liking them premise. And the art has always been outstanding and justifies my buying the book regardless.

Art only gets me so far. The art is so up and down too. Some parts are stellar and other parts you can tell she rushed to get it finished.

But without a decent story I'm out after the first arc. I have no attachment what so ever to the characters.
ahhh u guys all feel the same as me lol.

still... wonder why Monstress 2nd printing gets the big bucks on the second hand market...

k, yah I think I'll drop all those.

especially Daredevil, I still never read any of the Bendis or Miller stuff... only Waid, so it'll definitely incentivize me to check out the older classics!

Busaiku

Just got all the Earth One books.
Teen Titans is the only one I don't really see talk about, but the rest should be good, right?

PsychBat!

Banned
But comics are for kids.

tumblr_nt56rsuqUB1udfb2qo1_250.gif

Just got all the Earth One books.
Teen Titans is the only one I don't really see talk about, but the rest should be good, right?

They're all pretty good, but I think Superman is actually the weakest of the lot. I couldn't pick between Batman and Teen Titans.

Mitch

Banned
How long does IST typically take to process and ship orders for you guys?

I've only ordered from them once, and it took them a couple weeks for them to ship it. This may have been caused by the contents of my order (Berserk vol 1-11). Thinking about cancelling my current order since I'm concerned it won't ship before I am out of the state.

Depends. I've had them ship the same day, but it typically takes 1-3 days before they ship. Sometimes it can take a week or more if something you ordered is on backorder with their distributor.

Owzers

Wrestling time, put down the comics that you didn't want to read anyways, and turn on the wwe network to witness....worthless tag matches. And Roman Reigns.

Mitch

Banned
Depends. I've had them ship the same day, but it typically takes 1-3 days before they ship. Sometimes it can take a week or more if something you ordered is on backorder with their distributor.
Alright. I think I may just cancel now and add more books to the order once I move to Cleveland.

Calcium

Banned
I just started IDW's TMNT series and I'm loving it so far. Even having to retread the familiar ground of their origin story has been really intriguing with some slight tweaks here and there. I was worried the series would be mediocre and it'd rely on my nostalgia, but so far this series is damn fun.

They usually take about a week to ship and I get my order in 2 days since I'm in the same state.

Calcium

Banned
Not trying to piss anyone off, but I find it interesting how many people here are into wrestling. What's the appeal? I watched a little when I was a kid, but pretty much wrote it off when I realized it was fake.

Not trying to piss anyone off, but I find it interesting how many people here are into wrestling. What's the appeal? I watched a little when I was a kid, but pretty much wrote it off when I realized it was fake.

It's not much different from comics, man.

Owzers

I got back into it with the wwe network since the events were now reasonably priced. i like the athleticism of wrasslin, that's why i get annoyed when the matches are boring. I tried getting into the UFC before but i prefer the rougher everyday stuff being fake, i don't want to cheer people getting severely beaten all the time. Suplex hijinx.

Calcium

Banned
It's not much different from comics, man.

Nah, comics are real.

So it's the theatrics you enjoy, then? I honestly don't remember much of what I used to watch as far as that goes.

I got back into it with the wwe network since the events were now reasonably priced. i like the athleticism of wrasslin, that's why i get annoyed when the matches are boring. I tried getting into the UFC before but i prefer the rougher everyday stuff being fake, i don't want to cheer people getting severely beaten all the time. Suplex hijinx.

If ladders and chairs are fair game I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to have a boring fight.

Top Bottom