• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
TWD ending was shite. Why spoil the best scene in the comics.

Might just stick with the comic from here on out tbh.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm so glad I spoiled it for myself weeks ago. I'm not even going to bother watching it.

Same mate, had it spoiled that it was 'that' but had hoped they wouldn't be so stupid.

I was wrong.

EDIT: Ahahahaha a Mod actually changed my username to Sugar Tits

This means I'm out for Fear the Walking Dead too, no great loss but I was planning to watch it. I'll just stick to the comic which is, thankfully, firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Mitch

Banned
Stopped watching TWD a few episodes before the mid-season break last year. I just can't torture myself anymore. The comic will suffice, because I really do like the story and its characters.

Owzers

the walking dead tv show is basically a longer and less rewarding "all out war" arc pacing. Worse characters and no payoff.

Calcium

Banned
I gave up on TWD during season 2. I'm the only person I know that doesn't watch it. It's been rough, but I'm glad I bailed.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The PERSEPHONE LIVE T-shirt for ECCC.

CfNVgY6WEAEkz6Y.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I can barely tolerate the comic and it's ONLY because of the art. The show wore out its welcome about 15 minutes into the pilot.
I started to hate it right after the pilot.
Cant believe my mother endured 6 seasons of this shit

Even while the one episode I have seen since then that focused on the major after he lost his daughter was great.

I gave up on TWD during season 2. I'm the only person I know that doesn't watch it. It's been rough, but I'm glad I bailed.

I just read the comics and play the Telltale games. I have a Michonne sketch from Charlie Adlard as well. Never seen the show, but I'm not a big TV person in general. I don't have cable because only the local provider can get to my flat, it's all in SD (IN 2016) and they're missing a lot of channels (there's no cartoon channels at all for instance). I have a FTA box for Munster and Ireland rugby (I get Pro 12 but not European Cup games), gaelic games and Euro 2016 and Wimbledon in the summer.

I did just get a gift Netflix sub and a second monitor, so I guess I might try one of their Marvel shows.

Mitch

Banned
A couple friends of mine and their mom are obsessed with the show. They've never touched the comics, but they've spent hundreds of dollars getting signatures and pictures taken with actors at conventions.

Messi

Who draws the best Batgirl. I need to know for reasons.

Joker too. I'm tempted to say Capullo but that is probably recency bias showing.

Don't bother

Grumpy Messi.

I think Slott peaked with Spider-Island, which was genuinely good. Superior started off good but it kind of fell apart and had a poorly paced ending arc. Tried one issue of the first Amazing relaunch and dropped it. The things I've heard about Spider-Verse sounded very disappointing and I'm a huge fan of Spider-Man. Zero interest in Amazing right now and that really does bum me out. Peter's my favorite Marvel character.

Spider-Island could have been so good, but damn they chose such a boring set of villains for it. I didn't even remember who Morlun was at first.

I started reading Superior, got to issue 7 and lost interest. How's the latest Amazing Spider-Man?

I found Superior to be good all the way through. But I know how it is losing interest in a series.

TWD ending was shite. Why spoil the best scene in the comics.

It was actually pretty well done, I thought. And Negan looks great. But if I was a TV-show watcher only, I would have been pretty pissed at that cliff-hanger. The comic is loads better IMO.

I'm gonna go ask if the mods will change my name to Lashley now.

Mods usually seem like those corrupted wish genies when it comes to tag and username requests.

Batman and Robin Eternal is better imo. Eternal runs out of steam mid arc.

I'm a few issues into B&R Eternal and I agree with this. My interest in Batman Eternal went down a lot as time went on. I feel like B&R Eternal may end up being a bit of a hidden gem because of all the other stuff going on around DC these days. Good little Batfamily book, the best kind of Batman book.

I'm a few issues into B&R Eternal and I agree with this. My interest in Batman Eternal went down a lot as time went on. I feel like B&R Eternal may end up being a bit of a hidden gem because of all the other stuff going on around DC these days. Good little Batfamily book, the best kind of Batman book.

I liked Batman Eternal up to the point where
Nightbat or Batwing or whatever the fuck that jobber's name is got to Arkham and went underground
. After that, I thought the book jumped the shark.

Mitch

Banned

B&R Eternal was on my radar. I really enjoy the team dynamic they have. I'll put it in my backlog.

Heh, I was about to say the exact opposite(at least about BR, I haven't read BE). Thought BRE really suffered from so many different writers and was pretty all over the place from issue to issue. It had some pretty great issues, but would turn around and have some of the absolute worst. Also suffered from what felt like a lot of filler. Still haven't read the end so it could still end strong, but I've been very up and down on it overall.

Sandfox

I think Slott peaked with Spider-Island, which was genuinely good. Superior started off good but it kind of fell apart and had a poorly paced ending arc. Tried one issue of the first Amazing relaunch and dropped it. The things I've heard about Spider-Verse sounded very disappointing and I'm a huge fan of Spider-Man. Zero interest in Amazing right now and that really does bum me out. Peter's my favorite Marvel character.
As someone who was meh on Superior I like it better now that it's complete. I recommend checking out the new run because it reminds me of the part of his run you seemingly liked.
It's by noted dumb idiot Dan Slott

Spider-Island sounded good

Spider-Verse sounded good

Superior Spider-Man sounded good
Spider-Island was good, more recently Renew Your Vows was good as well.
I started reading Superior, got to issue 7 and lost interest. How's the latest Amazing Spider-Man?
The current run is good. Far better than than the previous one.
Dan Slott has been writing the main Spider-Man title, in one form or another, for 8 years now.
And Bendis has been on Spider-Man for 16 straight years excluding the Secret Wars break lol.

Messi

Heh, I was about to say the exact opposite(at least about BR, I haven't read BE). Thought BRE really suffered from so many different writers and was pretty all over the place from issue to issue. It had some pretty great issues, but would turn around and have some of the absolute worst. Also suffered from what felt like a lot of filler. Still haven't read the end so it could still end strong, but I've been very up and down on it overall.

Imagine that but over 52 issues and you have Eternal. In the end the reveal was so limp I could barely give a shit.

shingi70

Banned
While I wait for Unlimited to catch up where I left off in marvel now I think i'll start that marvel 616 reading list this Thursday.

Gah, I'm in class about to do a meeting for my final paper, the last three people are doing serious subjects and i'm doing esports.

Top Bottom