• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Mitch

Banned
Honestly, you're missing some of the better issues after #7. But if you lost interest there's nothing I can say to keep you reading it.
Fair point. I'm not against giving comics another go.

Oh shit. Batman
went back to the Owls for help.
Getting closer to catching up. This whole idea of
Joker being some immortal is crazy.

PsychBat!

Banned
What are we trying to say with this? I'm not following.

tumblr_nwldgvIABX1s589lho1_500.gif

Imagine that but over 52 issues and you have Eternal. In the end the reveal was so limp I could barely give a shit.

Well that blows. I really started out liking it and wanting a good Robins book, but then when they all started splitting up the plot seemed to go nowhere and the character were so damn different from issue to issue. With one writer the whole story and some editing with not pushing for week to week I think it could have been a great story.

Now my hopes are in Detective for a bat family book.

Had enough, have you?

I legit laugh at a lot of the jokes thrown around about Valiant, because they're funny and no one here is really mean-spirited about it. Freeza just always seems to have to say something about them when they come up and it's mostly terrible. Most of the time, I can't tell if they're jokes or if Freeza's just saying they are.

Mitch

Banned
Maybe my LCS will have the first couple issues of Faith on Wednesday. I didn't see anything from Valiant last week.

Batman #35-40 Endgame

This arc was pretty short and not too memorable. The return of
Joker
, the mystery surrounding
his possible immorality
and then the supposed
death of Batman.
I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but after finishing Zero Year, there was just no way Endgame could have wowed me in a similar fashion.

Joker's super virus
packed one helluva punch.
Even the Justice League ended up infected.
My favorite bit was when Batman
gathered the Bat Family and all of his enemies to get to the float Joker was riding.

None of the stuff I mentioned is super spoilery, but I figured I'd tag it anyway.

PsychBat!

Banned
I legit laugh at a lot of the jokes thrown around about Valiant, because they're funny and no one here is really mean-spirited about it. Freeza just always seems to have to say something about them when they come up and it's mostly terrible. Most of the time, I can't tell if they're jokes or if Freeza's just saying they are.

qtbPOg.gif

Calcium

Banned

Well...

FF was a great series.

Freeza is obviously a kidder.

it's what happens when the memes get out of control, they transcend being "jokes" and they just exist as they are

I'm teasing you about your love for the obscure. I haven't really read enough any Valiant to make any determinations as to the quality or lack thereof.

Owzers

i liked this place better when we were talking about wrestling.

I'm slowly finishing some pre-SW MU books like Ms. Marvel, She Hulk, and All New Cap, but i moved on to Weirdworld #1 and i am in agreement in liking the art and general tone of the book.

VanWinkle

The last time I was part of DramaGAF was like a month or two into my being here and Launchpad and I got into a big fight over whether page count should be a contributing factor to price. Which I still say it should. But hey.

Now Launchpad and I are basically best friends.

Owzers

The last time I was part of DramaGAF was like a month or two into my being here and Launchpad and I got into a big fight over whether page count should be a contributing factor to price. Which I still say it should. But hey.

Totally should. There are people here who spend hundreds just on one page of comics though, i want to tell them they make whole comic stories for $3-4 but it's not my place.

Messi

You will never be part of BallerGAF if you consider such silly things as price.

They're really not intended to be mean-spirited.

Ok. I'll keep it in mind. Sorry for ringing you out.

Woah, you took that more seriously than I did. I'm sorry for that. :(

For what it's worth, I always appreciate good value. But I'll pay a little more for some things.

VanWinkle

Woah, you took that more seriously than I did. I'm sorry for that. :(

For what it's worth, I always appreciate good value. But I'll pay a little more for some things.

It's the only conflict I've ever had on here. :-(

But, I feel like, on that day I truly became a member of ComicGAF, a position in which I am still struggling to understand to this day.

Owzers

I think Valiant books should be slightly more expensive than they are now, they are already getting you to buy a Valiant book so they know you have poor judgement, why not make a little more too?

As someone who was meh on Superior I like it better now that it's complete. I recommend checking out the new run because it reminds me of the part of his run you seemingly liked.
I've heard it's stronger than his previous runs, but I'd just rather spend that money on comics I'm actually excited to read at this point. I have five Marvel ongoings I follow and that's plenty.
*maybe it's my lucky day, maybe i can import both volumes*

Vol 1 is $345.

Get your shit together Marvel.

It feels like Marvel omnis go OOP really quickly

Top Bottom