• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Owzers

I would say your collection looks nice but they're still comics. This is why people buy statues and figures, put something in front of those books to take the focus away.

VanWinkle

Hory shit the Goon library books are fucking massive. I am definitely picking them up eventually though

Oh yeah, they're huge. Incredible, too. I can't wait until vol. 3.

I would say your collection looks nice but they're still comics. This is why people buy statues and figures, put something in front of those books to take the focus away.

Pshhh. I can't make myself buy statues/figures. They ARE cool, but I figure I could buy a figure for display, or a book for display AND reading.

Ross61

q7f5uTg.jpg

Page from Flash: Rebirth. I like it.

TheFlow

Banned
Woah no wonder they are so big. each book is 3 volumes. apparently book 4 releases this year too? damn. The goon is going to take up half a shelf.

Usagi Volume 7 releases later this year. I think this will be the last one we will get for a couple years due to teh collections catching up with the single series I believe. To put it in perspective this hc ends at #138 and #154 comes out this june.
51hJFw2tn%2BL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

VanWinkle

Meanwhile, I am almost 1/3rd of the way in the WW Perez omnibus, and it's genuinely good comics. I mean, yeah, there's quite a bit of outdated thought bubbles, and very dense writing that makes each issue take about the time it would to get through three modern issues, but it doesn't feel cheesy or anything.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Multiversity, I can't imagine that there are a lot of comics that start with Hitler on a toilet.

Also, I have just about no idea what happened at the end there, but I love me some Captain Carrot.

VanWinkle

Just finished Multiversity, I can't imagine that there are a lot of comics that start with Hitler on a toilet.

Also, I have just about no idea what happened at the end there, but I love me some Captain Carrot.

What was your favorite issue outside of Multiversity #1 and #2?

I loved Thunderworld Adventures.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
What was your favorite issue outside of Multiversity #1 and #2?

I loved Thunderworld Adventures.

That was a great issue, I'd say either that or the Society of Superheroes. I loved the pulp influences and thought Sprouse did a great job on the art.

Pax Americana was cool conceptually and I loved the way that he played with the Watchmen of it all, but I can't say that it didn't go a bit over my head.

VanWinkle

That was a great issue, I'd say either that or the Society of Superheroes. I loved the pulp influences and thought Sprouse did a great job on the art.

Pax Americana was cool conceptually and I loved the way that he played with the Watchmen of it all, but I can't say that it didn't go a bit over my head.

Loved Society of Superheroes, too.

2oV5YNd.jpg

I was thinking about changing my avatar to this but Remender is using it for his twitter profile. I don't want to look like I'm copying him. :(

Batman and Robin Eternal #26

Well I ended up really liking the final issue, but overall I think this story as a whole was a mess. The whole first half kind of seems weird in retrospect with so much build up that one of the Robins was a sleeper agent in the waiting and a lot of confusion between Mother's children being activated and built.

Read my first ever Black Panther comic with today's #1. That was really good, really really good. It was just about a perfect #1 issue.

Throughout the morning, different publishers go up after different times (you can search and find most Marvel books up already), but the full update is usually done within the next hour from now.

Ah ok. I can wait, just being antsy with it being my first Wed actually up to date with some books.

shingi70

Banned
Can't wait to read Black Panther tomorrow.

Power of the Atom is pretty great book, I'd like to see another series done in this vein. A superhero being argubly inconvenienced by having a public identity is a novel concept.

Top Bottom