• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

I liked Uncanny, just got behind on catching up when MU started getting into Secret Wars then I got down on the Secret Wars stories and decided to catch up on DC and just haven't gone back yet. Just didn't understand why GB got so much love at least to the point that I had read up to. Somewhere around 17 or 18.
He's the savior of the mutant race. His blood will stop the M-Pox

Won't grab comes until tomorrow morning but I saw some Scans from Superman #51. I'm not really a fan of my Superman being thrown under the bus, to appease cynical fans twice my age.

I dunno, it feels like a good story so far.

Is the Justice League Darkseid War Special that came out today part of the main story or is it a side issue?

It's main story, but mostly backstory. Not a lot of plot advancement.

Thats interesting. I wonder why every other issue? I will have to pick those issues up.
by which of course I mean wait for the trade

It's bi-monthly, they need more than one artists to prevent delays and burnout.

PsychBat!

Banned
He's the savior of the mutant race. His blood will stop the M-Pox
2zxoqe.gif

shingi70

Banned
I dunno, it feels like a good story so far.

It's main story, but mostly backstory. Not a lot of plot advancement.

I mostly dislike that he won't be seemingly appearing in Rebirth. It just reeks of DC not being able to find a way to put the rabbit back in the whole secret identity wise.

Though I could be wrong seeing as Clark Kent is mentioned in those rebirth solicits.

TheFlow

Banned
Black Panther #1

hory shit this was good. this more than just a black panther book but a Wakanda book.

and yea like others have said this should be a 4 dollar book, but marvel gotta cash in when they can.

arkon

Ninjak #14 was some high-tier comics. Great jumping-on point. You guys should check it out.

but no one will :(
I will eventually. I'm almost caught up with the valiant reading order which means I'll be almost current on most of the titles in the near future.

It's sailor moon. Surprise!

Not surprised. Remember when Babs Tarr did the best Sailor Moon fanart of all time?

Thats interesting. I wonder why every other issue? I will have to pick those issues up.
by which of course I mean wait for the trade

He means bi-weekly. Suicide Squad is one of those books that's double shipping for Rebirth. Even Jim Lee can't do two issues in a month.

Not surprised. Remember when Babs Tarr did the best Sailor Moon fanart of all time?

He means bi-weekly. Suicide Squad is one of those books that's double shipping for Rebirth. Even Jim Lee can't do two issues in a month.

Bi-monthly means twice a month

Bi weekly would be twice a week

I will eventually. I'm almost caught up with the valiant reading order which means I'll be almost current on most of the titles in the near future.

I don't know if you've gotten to read any Ninjak yet, but this has been the best issue so far, by far. I never really recommended this book to anyone looking to get into Valiant, but this is really a strong outing.

Realistically, no one can. That's why they're alternating artists on double shipped books.

Bi-monthly means twice a month

Bi weekly would be twice a week

Not in US English. We use both terms interchangeably, even though bi-monthly is the correct term. The most precise term is fortnightly, but nobody in America uses such haughty language!

We're also close to making Donald Trump's hairpiece one of our Presidential nominees, so judge accordingly.

ElNarez

Banned
look, this bi situation is one I'm especially qualified to arbitrate on, so: poodle's right. The "bi" prefix means twice in this context.

Bi-weekly is twice weekly.

Bi-monthly is twice monthly.

look, this bi situation is one I'm especially qualified to arbitrate on, so: poodle's right. The "bi" prefix means twice.

Bi-weekly is twice weekly.

Bi-monthly is twice monthly.

You are correct, but language morphs into whatever a culture dictates. In America, both are used to mean twice a month.

VanWinkle

Got another DH library edition:

rsz_imgp0817.jpg

Looks very interesting although I wish more of it was in color. I heard everything starting in library edition vol 2 is color, though, so that's cool.

TheFlow

Banned
Got another DH library edition:

rsz_imgp0817.jpg

Looks very interesting although I wish more of it was in color. I heard everything starting in library edition vol 2 is color, though, so that's cool.

buying these too. wasn't it you who made the thread telling us how these books were?

Messi

Thats the joke...everything she draws looks like sailor moon fan art. so much so sailor stuff is in every issue of batgirl.

The fact that bi-weekly can mean two different things drives me nucking futs. I never use it and I hate when other people use it. I wish we could settle on a definition as a nation (it really should JUST mean every other week), but that is never going to happen. Congress would never risk pushing legislation on this important issue.

You are correct, but language morphs into whatever a culture dictates. In America, both are used to mean twice a month.

Bitch, I am America, don't try to school me.

Unfortunately they are actually interchangeable, like flammable and inflammable. But at least Freeza's wrong!

VanWinkle

Wait, I just realized the writer of the new Suicide Squad series is the writer of the fantastic Martian Manhunter series.

Are we actually going to get a good Suicide Squad book?

buying these too. wasn't it you who made the thread telling us how these books were?

No, but I remember somebody doing that. Or maybe it was a big post in one of the COMICS threads. I can't remember.

I call it soda. When I lived in Texas, a lot of folks called everything a Coke. "What type of Coke do you want?"

I sometimes tick off one of my coworkers by referring to it as "sodie pop." I don't recall where I first heard that, but it's rage inducing for some folks.

arkon

I don't know if you've gotten to read any Ninjak yet, but this has been the best issue so far, by far. I never really recommended this book to anyone looking to get into Valiant, but this is really a strong outing.
Yeah, I've read up to the end of the second arc. It's been ridiculous fun and I've liked all aspects of it including each of the time periods we've gotten a look at. Really helps to flesh out the character. It's basically on the tier below all the Van Lente and Dysart written Valiant stuff for me but on the cusp of joining them.

Wait, I just realized the writer of the new Suicide Squad series is the writer of the fantastic Martian Manhunter series.

Are we actually going to get a good Suicide Squad book?

No, but I remember somebody doing that. Or maybe it was a big post in one of the COMICS threads. I can't remember.

We are indeed. His Harley Quinn april fool's special was actually really good too, looks like he's already building the blocks for his Squad run and those blocks are... interesting.

Top Bottom