• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

PsychBat!

Banned

latest

Yeah, I've read up to the end of the second arc. It's been ridiculous fun and I've liked all aspects of it including each of the time periods we've gotten a look at. Really helps to flesh out the character. It's basically on the tier below all the Van Lente and Dysart written Valiant stuff for me but on the cusp of joining them.

I've always said that Kindt is better at characterization with Colin than he is with actually writing a good story around him. I mean, they've not been bad, but they haven't had much weight. Siege of King's Castle really changes that around. It feels like a culmination of all of Colin's arrogance that basically started from the point where he didn't kill Roku when he had the chance in the first issue. It's really just great comics. I'm eager to hear what you think of it when you get there.

Just got the first paperback volume of Wicked + Divine in a local bookshop for a tenner. Guess I won't be getting the Hardcover just yet so.

I have so many comics arriving tomorrow/friday

Messi

Just got the first paperback volume of Wicked + Divine in a local bookshop for a tenner. Guess I won't be getting the Hardcover just yet so.

I have so many comics arriving tomorrow/friday

Just get the trades man, big bang charges 10 for all first volumes of image 15 for every other volume so its not a bad deal.

Real talk, I think Tom King might be too good at comics. Vision and Sheriff of Babylon hit today, so wildly different and so utterly excellent.

I have been very curious of Babylon. Whats it about?

It's... kind of a murder mystery set in the Green Zone in Baghdad circa 2003. Main characters are a former police officer turned PMC training the new Iraqi police force, the last remnant of the old Iraqi police force, and an Iraqi exile who's returned to her home country with very, very big plans. This issue was just one long, increasingly drunken conversation, and it was so, so good.

It's... kind of a murder mystery set in the Green Zone in Baghdad circa 2003. Main characters are a former police officer turned PMC training the new Iraqi police force, the last remnant of the old Iraqi police force, and an Iraqi exile who's returned to her home country with very, very big plans. This issue was just one long, increasingly drunken conversation, and it was so, so good.

That sounds awesome

Why is it that every FF book I attempt to read is more boring than I feel it should be? I got back to the Inhuman/FF crossover trade, and the FF half is so boring. Maybe it's because they opened with the part I was primarily interested in.

Image Expo titles so far:

Afar - Leila Del Duca/Kit Seaton (YA space fantasy, graphic novel)
Horizon - Brandon Thomas/Juan Gedeon (sci-fi conspiracy thriller)
Black Cloud - Ivan Brandon/Jason Latour/Greg Hinkle/Matt Wilson (sci-fi, "Jessica Jones meets Roger Rabbit")
Winnebago Graveyard - Steve Niles/Alison Sampson (satanic horror)
Glitterbomb - Jim Zub/Djibril Morissette (Hollywood horror)
VS - Ivan Brandon/Esad Ribic (post-apocalyptic sci-fi)
The Hunt - Colin Lorimer (fantasy-horror based on Irish folklore)

Why is it that every FF book I attempt to read is more boring than I feel it should be? I got back to the Inhuman/FF crossover trade, and the FF half is so boring. Maybe it's because they opened with the part I was primarily interested in.

FF is great in the right hands but so easy to fuck up.

Waid is still the best FF writer for me, better than Hickman, though both were great on that book.

FF is great in the right hands but so easy to fuck up.

Waid is still the best FF writer for me, better than Hickman, though both were great on that book.

I feel like the FF is Marvel's Superman, in that the mainstream image of them is that they're really boring, but in reality they have a ton of good stories. I just haven't read those stories yet. Well, aside from the issue where they fuck shit up in the Watcher's Citadel whilst fighting Doom.

Snyder doing another Image book? Now Wytches can join American Vampire in hiatus heaven.
they (among a few others) were a good gateway for me into hardcore punk and do have some listenable tunes, i'll give them that

YOU SICKIN ME.

It's cool. I like Offspring. lol

Top Bottom