• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

PsychBat!

Banned
I do have a couple questions about Panther, as my knowledge of the character isn't very deep.

• Shuri is the one who became the Black Panther in that short-lived series a few years back, right? What happened to her?

• She died in Hickman's run of Avengers/New Avengers

Owzers

dcbs shipment is supposed to come Friday, this is the first time i've been excited for comics in awhile. Black Panther, Wonder Woman Earth One, and Walking Dead that isn't the tv show finale.

Usual dcbs highlights are statue days where months of pre-order dread are finalized with immense paint disappointment.

HAHAHAHAHA Darkseid War Special is fantastic!

BABY OMEGA SANCTION!!!

The cover of this month's Previews highlights Dark Horse Day with a gatefold illustration of Dark Horse characters hanging out in a comic store. Emp is almost dead center... as a statue.

Maybe they're attempting to gauge potential interest.

Mitch

Banned
Empress and Black Panther were both fantastic.

BP just seems like a really smart comic and I really can't wait to read more. Empress' art and dialogue wowed me enough to get me to buy the next issue. Not so sure about the story yet.

Old Man Logan 1-4, though. An awesome story. The art is different and I love it. Logan, to me, seems like a wild animal going absolutely crazy in an environment he isn't used to. Seeing him fight old friends and laying into people is a sight to see.

Haven't gotten to The Fix yet.

mreddie

Spider Man was okay but god, Miles granny was insuffable. Kamala is funny.

Spider Woman Alpha,
Earth65 Silk is a villain, shocker.

Black Panther, damn, that shit was dope.

New/Uncanny Avengers were fun but New just let loose.

Messi

This was the other image.

CfYrDMXW8AAGoLp.jpg:large

Dead

well not really...yet
Anyone pick up Morrison's Wonder Woman Earth One? Yanick Paquette drew this shit out of this thing.

Yeah but hearing Fletcher talk about anime influences and looking at the final product, they tend to not hit close.

A work doesnt have to look derivative of its influences. Sometimes its clear as day but other times its not. It could be that the type of story, method of storytelling, or themes are all strongly influenced by the works they reference rather than 'yeah this book is gonna look like Miyazaki's work'

A work doesnt have to look derivative of its influences. Sometimes its clear as day but other times its not. It could be that the type of story, method of storytelling, or themes are all strongly influenced by the works they reference rather than 'yeah this book is gonna look like Miyazaki's work'

The way I see it, your setting yourself up pretty high if Miyazaki is your influence.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
*Gasp*. A legend.

Hehe

Yeah I was just being intentionally obtuse. As opposed to my normal unintentional obtusery.
I've heard of him. I'm just not that big into anime so I haven't actually seen any of his works. I'm sure they're as good as a true classic like Attack on Titan anyway. :)

Hehe

Yeah I was just being intentionally obtuse. As opposed to my normal unintentional obtusery.
I've heard of him. I'm just not that big into anime so I haven't actually seen any of his works. I'm sure they're as good as a true classic like Attack on Titan anyway. :)

Miyazaki films are in a league of their own. The only non-Miyazaki film that has made me feel anything close was Wolf Children.

Miyazaki films are in a league of their own. The only non-Miyazaki film that has made me feel anything close was Wolf Children.
Only Yesterday is great. When I saw it at an anime con in the early 90s it was a game changer of what anime could be

Also Kon's Tokyo Godfathers has some of that feel too

Mitch

Banned
Only Yesterday was showing at the Alamo Drafthouse last month I think. Wish I had seen it.

Tokyo Godfathers is also a favorite of mine.

Anyone pick up Morrison's Wonder Woman Earth One? Yanick Paquette drew this shit out of this thing.
Waiting for my copy, but I'm pumped to read it. Paquette did an awesome job with Bulleteer and Batman Inc so I imagine it looks great.
Only Yesterday was showing at the Alamo Drafthouse last month I think. Wish I had seen it.

Tokyo Godfathers is also a favorite of mine.
Tokyo Godfathers rules. Probably my favorite anime movie.

Ponn

Banned
Placed an IST order.

Age of Apocalypse Omni reprint. Missed it the first time around. I hate reading oversized books like these but for AoA I will make an exception. This event was responsible for me being a Marvel fanboy for most of the 90's.

Wicked and Divine HC - blind buy but have been looking at this series for awhile and i've been enjoying these Image deluxe editions.

East of West HC - finally bit the bullet and ordered it

Secret Wars HC

Infinity TP - going with the trade because its like $14 cheaper and from what I can tell only missing a couple one shots.

Calcium

Banned
Placed an IST order.

Age of Apocalypse Omni reprint. Missed it the first time around. I hate reading oversized books like these but for AoA I will make an exception. This event was responsible for me being a Marvel fanboy for most of the 90's.

East of West HC - finally bit the bullet and ordered it

You're doing it right, man.

Top Bottom