• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Slim and None. The series was already cancelled once and revived. Its sales aren't too hot.

Those covers are amazing though.

Dammit! :/

I'm still thinking about my Force Awakens disappointments as i'm debating the blu ray for $20, i think its entered the Jurassic World-tier of a kinda dumb movie with a couple good scenes but all around a disappointment.

Damn, I had some Force Awakens disappointments but comparing it to JW seems crazy.

Finished Wicked + Divine vol.1. That was definitely something. Good concept, solid storytelling, great art. Excited to read more. That old crone is up to no good for sure

I don't know how I missed this image of a WIP page of Detective Comics rebirth by Eddy Barrows (according to Rob Williams' Twitter, anyway). I wish it was bigger.

Ce5CVv_W4AEQz0z.jpg:orig

Can't wait for this series, honestly. Genuinely excited.

Barrows worked on 52 so I am VERY excited to see this image

Owzers

Kinda curious to see the backlash machine now falling on Force Awakens.

The downside of massive hype, once it fades you're left rehasing the movie and the highs/lows. Same thing happened for me with the lord of the rings movies where now the only one i really like is Fellowship and i don't look that favorably on Two Towers/Return of the King.

The downside of massive hype, once it fades you're left rehasing the movie and the highs/lows. Same thing happened for me with the lord of the rings movies where now the only one i really like is Fellowship and i don't look that favorably on Two Towers/Return of the King.

When I watched TFA on Blu having not seen it in months (twice in the theaters) I was astonished at how amazing and charming it is. It's fucking UNPRECEDENTEDLY amazing. People are so myopically focused on archetypes they completely miss the density of wit that's completely new to the franchise. Star Wars has never been as comedically fast as this movie is. It's fucking MINDBLOWING to me that something so densely witty was allowed to be delivered to theaters intact without Kristen Wiig in a starring role.

Ponn

Banned

I always liked Fellowship the best and still do. After many viewings I actually have gotten to like Two Towers over RoTK for some reason. I enjoy the major battle in TT more than RoTK.

When I watched TFA on Blu having not seen it in months (twice in the theaters) I was astonished at how amazing and charming it is. It's fucking UNPRECEDENTEDLY amazing. People are so myopically focused on archetypes they completely miss the density of wit that's completely new to the franchise. Star Wars has never been as comedically fast as this movie is. It's fucking MINDBLOWING to me that something so densely witty was allowed to be delivered to theaters intact without Kristen Wiig in a starring role.

I never know if you're being sarcastic or not.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Poe Dameron was fine. I little bit strange with that
space egg.
Cant wait to see the choosen one hatch.

Edit: LOL, now they talk about the Prequels. Told you. Rogue One Thread unsubscribed.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Its the internet, what do you expect?

But I am curious if the R2-D2 vs BB-8 survey would have the same outcome now
It wouldnt

Mitch

Banned
I saw TFA in theaters once and watched it at home 3 times. The movie is great. I am not going to sit here and find reasons to dislike it. It is what it is.

Messi

I didn't like that trailer. Well maybe less than that. I was kind of middling. Maybe I am burnt out. I will still see it but my hype is very low. I am excited for whenever Rey and Finn return though.

Mitch

Banned
Can't remember a time I've ever been burnt out on a specific movie or genre.

I can deal with one Star Wars film a year. Although, I'd prefer they not do a Han Solo origin movie. A Boba Fett movie for sure. Obi Wan movie with Ewan is something I'd love to see as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I didn't like that trailer. Well maybe less than that. I was kind of middling. Maybe I am burnt out. I will still see it but my hype is very low. I am excited for whenever Rey and Finn return though.
Its a little bit less saying. In the retrospect, its the same like with the first teaser with TFA, where I was more excited about new Star Wars aftet 10 years then about the small stuff they were showing.

First Trailer will be better. This one lost much with the bad musical incination

Mitch

Banned
That's an awesome Batfamily. More Clayface is always awesome.
Clayface is one of my favorite Batman villains. Episodes of the animated series with him in it were always fantastic. His part in the Arkham games could've been better, but I enjoyed them nonetheless.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Which theory is that?
J and Clayface switched one more time after Batman passed out after he defeated Basil at the Lazarus Pit.
There were some hint in that direction with the Joker/Clayface Switcheroo that was pulled of earlier and the antidote.
Made me so excited for Arkham Knight and in the end we got that pile of shit that was AK.

I hope the HD Remaster still come, would love to play Asylum and City again.

Mitch

Banned
J and Clayface switched one more time after Batman passed out after he defeated Basil at the Lazarus Pit.
There were some hint in that direction with the Joker/Clayface Switcheroo that was pulled of earlier and the antidote.
Made me so excited for Arkham Knight and in the end we got that pile of shit that was AK.

I hope the HD Remaster still come, would love to play Asylum and City again.
Ah okay.

AK wasn't a bad game in my opinion. It didn't feel like a Batman game, though. The first two from Rocksteady were spot on. It felt like there was more detective work to do. While I enjoyed the vehicle segments to some extent, I feel like it was really forced and there was way too much of it.

I sold the game on GAF after I beat the game with 92% completion. I'd give it a solid 6.5/10.

Top Bottom