• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

VanWinkle

Man, I'm just adoring the art in this WW omni.

rsz_imag0587.jpg

Taking a LONG time to read though, because it's so dense in dialog and exposition. I've only read 250 pages in the last two days.

JEKKI

read thru Daredevil #5 jus now.

the issue was aiite, but otherwise yah no need to keep reading it, overall it's not that great.

this issue however did have one of the most ridiculous weapons I have seen:

Justice League: War was super okay. Only time I liked Hal and boy did they fuck up Captain Marvel.

Son of Batman is a bad movie. Definitely one of the worst DCAnimated movies I've watched. In fact, out of the ones I've seen, it's the worst. Plot isn't great. Poor pacing and it's uninteresting, the latter being how I would describe the animation and art. Voice acting was bad, or at the very most mediocre.

Watched Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. It was solid. Good animation and fights, but it could have been longer to world build a bit more. Pretty mid-tier. Also fuck Barry Allen

Justice League: War was super okay. Only time I liked Hal and boy did they fuck up Captain Marvel.

Son of Batman is a bad movie. Definitely one of the worst DCAnimated movies I've watched. In fact, out of the ones I've seen, it's the worst. Plot isn't great. Poor pacing and it's uninteresting, the latter being how I would describe the animation and art. Voice acting was bad, or at the very most mediocre.

Modern DCAU is pretty painful.

The beauty of the Image system is that you can follow a shitload of different titles but because of hiatuses you are never buying them all in the same month. I'm up to 34 or 35 titles now but this month only 18 of them are coming out. Last month it was only 14.
It's one thing when books are on a break between arcs, but it sucks when single issues are delayed so much mid arc, kills the momentum.

The Fix #1

This was pretty damn hilarious. The IA boss was great and the cliffhanger was perfect, hopefully they can keep the humor up.

Superman #51

So now this is the most current book?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Secret Wars #6 cover is so misleading. Not once does Thanos fight zombies. Bullshit.
He doesn't even do it in Siege

I'm reading every tie in and it is exhausting although a lot of them are pretty good/have interesting enough ideas to keep me hooked.

Secret Wars #6 cover is so misleading. Not once does Thanos fight zombies. Bullshit.

I'm reading every tie in and it is exhausting although a lot of them are pretty good/have interesting enough ideas to keep me hooked.

You're stronger than me. I started with them all then after a couple weeks was down to basically Inhumans, Thors, Future Imperfect, Kung-Fu, and Civil War, then I just gave up. Now with ANAD catching up on MU it's even harder to have interest in them.

Mitch

Banned
The Fix #1 - Image, please pumping out amazing comics. Had a good couple laughs. A comic that doesn't take itself too seriously for sure. Will continue reading and am really glad a lot of you like it.

You're stronger than me. I started with them all then after a couple weeks was down to basically Inhumans, Thors, Future Imperfect, Kung-Fu, and Civil War, then I just gave up. Now with ANAD catching up on MU it's even harder to have interest in them.

Some of them are a real struggle but I'm just going to finish them out. I've come this far and its nice to be able to read every tie in. I remember being super bummed out when I couldn't afford all the tie in books for Civil War in 2005. God bless MU

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I think I read 26 of the tie-ins. I got pretty burnt out near the end. Can't imagine reading them all.

anaron

I love the art :(

Yep me too.

Same here!

I was a little underwhelmed when I first saw Niemczyk's art in the preview for issue 1 following the one shot (cuz Joelle Jones is THE BEST) but after reading it, I ended up loving it. The art looks even more improved/better in #2 and considering this is her first ever comic, I'm excited to see how it evolves when it already looks great.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I finally got the chance to take a closer look at the titles that were announced at Image Expo yesterday.

Definitely Interested
Seven to Eternity (Remender and Opena)
VS (Brandon and Ribic)
Glitterbomb (Zub and Morissette-Phan)

Still Need to See Art
The Divided States of Hysteria (Chaykin)
Horizon (Thomas and Gedeon)
Isola (Fletcher and Kerschl)
The Hunt (Lorimer)
Lake of Fire (Fairbairn and Smith)
Motor Crush (Fletcher, Stewart, and Tarr)

shingi70

Banned
Star Wars Rouge One looks hot.

I was confused about when the Sucicide Squad special is supposed to take place, until I got till the end. I hope in the rebirth book we get more of that Cartoonish art.

Messi

I should let all of you know that I just has the most horrible experience at the dentist while getting the root canal started. She injected me twice to numb me up and I could still feel her working away. mid surgery she injected me directly into the tooth to try and fully numb it. Still didn't work. I could feel every since time she drilled my tooth and even worse when she was sticking needles down into the nerve.

Just all around horrible experience. She only got a 3rd of it done as she says the nerve has been agitated for so long that it is inflamed. She put medicine into the tooth and I have to go back for the 2nd of 3 sessions next week.

:(

I should let all of you know that I just has the most horrible experience at the dentist while getting the root canal started. She injected me twice to numb me up and I could still feel her working away. mid surgery she injected me directly into the tooth to try and fully numb it. Still didn't work. I could feel every since time she drilled my tooth and even worse when she was sticking needles down into the nerve.

Just all around horrible experience. She only got a 3rd of it done as she says the nerve has been agitated for so long that it is inflamed. She put medicine into the tooth and I have to go back for the 2nd of 3 sessions next week.

You should request to go to an oral surgeon, I had this same exact issue when I needed to get one done. Not sure what the surgeon did differently but it was a breeze compared to all the issues I had at the regular dentist.

Mitch

Banned

Holy hell. Are you usually not affected by anesthetic? I think I had 2-3 injects around the tooth and my entire face was numb within 15 minutes. Hopefully your next 2 sessions aren't that bad. Something like that would make me never want to go to the dentist again.

Messi

Holy hell. Are you usually not affected by anesthetic? I think I had 2-3 injects around the tooth and my entire face was numb within 15 minutes. Hopefully your next 2 sessions aren't that bad. Something like that would make me never want to go to the dentist again.

Usually it works ok, I can usually feel a bit of pain but nothing I can't deal with. Maybe its because I am 6'6 and 270 pounds.

How is Batman Eternal? Been reading lots of Scott Snyder's run recently and wondered if it's worth picking up if I'm enjoying it.

It has like 3 too many SHOCKING TWISTS for its own good, but on the whole a solid read.

The Fix #1

This was pretty damn hilarious. The IA boss was great and the cliffhanger was perfect, hopefully they can keep the humor up.

Superman #51

So now this is the most current book?

Yup.

TheFlow

Banned

same experience. the first time, but the second time was much better.

Most the 50th issues for DC so far have been pretty lackluster. I liked the Aquaman and Batgirl but so many full page spreads and some forced humor in both made it just seem like they were throwing in a ton of padding to make them extra long. Catwoman was a pretty good one, but that's been about it? Biggest disappointment was probably Batman other than Batman actually coming back and his and Gordon's interactions.

Seems weird with them referring to the Vandal stuff as only being a week ago or something like that.

I was almost convinced by this thread to try to catch up with Valiant comics, but I was looking at reading lists and got overwhelmed. So I got the first trade of Black Science instead.

shingi70

Banned
Most the 50th issues for DC so far have been pretty lackluster. I liked the Aquaman and Batgirl but so many full page spreads and some forced humor in both made it just seem like they were throwing in a ton of padding to make them extra long. Catwoman was a pretty good one, but that's been about it? Biggest disappointment was probably Batman other than Batman actually coming back and his and Gordon's interactions.

Seems weird with them referring to the Vandal stuff as only being a week ago or something like that.

I was almost convinced by this thread to try to catch up with Valiant comics, but I was looking at reading lists and got overwhelmed. So I got the first trade of Black Science instead.

The Mera moments in Aquaman were pretty cute.

I got myself so hyped for KI supreme this week, but I'll have to put it off till next week, so I can buy these Star Wars triology sets on the cheap.

The Mera moments in Aquaman were pretty cute.

Oh definitely. She was probably the best part of the whole issue. I was mostly referring to the cops and the whole jaws/burrito jokes. Though I came around on the cops a little bit too by the end with their reactions to Mera.

tim1138

I finally got the chance to take a closer look at the titles that were announced at Image Expo yesterday.

Definitely Interested
VS (Brandon and Ribic)

Still Need to See Art
The Hunt (Lorimer)

This promo art was going around on Twitter yesterday fur Lake of Fire, but I haven't seen anything to the degree of say Seven to Eternity

Definitely Interested
VS (Brandon and Ribic)

Still Need to See Art
The Hunt (Lorimer)

Wait why would you need to see art for a 2016 Chaykin book. Literally all his art looks identical now. Just open up a random Satellite Sam and pretend it's a preview.

I'm not familiar with anyone attached to this, but I'm open to a new Punisher series.

I need to pay more attention to the names of writers and artists.

I have the same issue. Besides the classic writers that seem to get boasted the most I've always been horrible at following creative teams. I've always been bad for sticking with a story til finish no matter what instead of following creative teams.

Top Bottom