• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Which interview? id love to read it.

Here's a really long and mostly unedited interview with Ta-Nahisi Coates and Evan Narcisse

http://tmi.kotaku.com/spoiler-space-more-from-ta-nehisi-coates-on-black-pant-1769472432

It's a really cool look into his comic reading past, and how he approached writing comics, and the things that he is into now.

Dislikes: DC

Excerpt:

I should warn you it is quite long

TheFlow

Banned
You would think with a name like young animal we would get a animal man series. His last run was graphic enough to be considered mature and weird.

Owzers

Looking through my blu ray collection, totally 26 now, Inception is definitely the movie that i forget exists, let alone that i own it.

Thors #3 SW was okay, still MU fodder, but I don't care about the mystery at all.
oh no, not that Rune Thor guy, how could you!?!!!!??? Nooooooooo. Who are you again?

shingi70

Banned
Way is saying that Young Animals is in the main universe, surprised that Constantine is under Rebirth and not Young Animals if that's the case.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
No worries :p

:)

It's a great interview, too.

His Twitter the last few days has been really interesting as well, at one point someone brought up that there seem to be a number of people that are interested in checking out comics but have no idea how to go about it.

Messi

Hmmmmmm

ZZygnSp.png

Is something changing with Vertigo? With todays announcement?

You know what'd be great? If Marvel would remember they own the cross gen characters and do something with them. They dabbled a couple years ago with some minis and they were sooo good.

Then nothing....

:(

I miss Crossgen. They were doing some fun stuff

frye

it feels like they're trying to go for early Vertigo/proto-Vertigo (vs. late Vertigo sequestration or full-on DCU integration) with DP and Shade, maybe as an experiment for future Swamp Thing/Animal Man/Hellblazer stuff? either way this could be really really cool

it feels like they're trying to go for early Vertigo/proto-Vertigo (vs. late Vertigo sequestration or full-on DCU integration) with DP and Shade, maybe as an experiment for future Swamp Thing/Animal Man/Hellblazer stuff? either way this could be really really cool
Early vertigo was a crazy time. Everything was something I hadn't seen before in comics

All they have to do is get Karen Berger back. Those dumb butts.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Civil War #2-4 - Really like this tie in, great art and the domain they created using just the iron man vs cap conflict as the catalyst and little other resemblance to the civil war story is neat. Im also into the twist of mixing in
secret invasion
, at least thats how I understand it. Cool stuff.

TheFlow

Banned
Ok I picked up:

Rat queens- the art looks bad but I remember reading good stuff from comic GAF

Son of the devil

southern bastards

wicked + divine

eveything else I either own, don't care about, or will collect in HC.

TheFlow

Banned
The Strage Talent of Luthor Strange #1.
hory shit. I knew this series was graphic but damn. Also I need to know how he got his powers so quickly.

So, Superman #51
they gonna off New 52 supes to make room for rebirth?

Considering there's a Clark Kent AND a Superman running around separately in Rebirth Action Comics, my guess is New 52 Superman is depowered to save his life, with his powers going to that guy from The Super Man title that's coming.

Messi

Ok I picked up:

Rat queens- the art looks bad but I remember reading good stuff from comic GAF

Son of the devil

southern bastards

wicked + divine

eveything else I either own, don't care about, or will collect in HC.

The art isn't bad in Rat Queens starting out. Story content is worth reading.

lol this book has messi all over it.

I was onboard since day one. Love rat queens and the deluxe hardcover is awesome.

TheFlow

Banned
Lazarus 1-3

damn getting Game of Thrones vibes, plus Forever has a great design. like the action panels. need more.

Going to read rat queens #1 and call it a night

Top Bottom