• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Nope, the whole run was never collected. The whole series is on CMX though
Hah. I just looked and discovered I own the whole series on CMX. Must have bought it during that cyber Monday DC buy one get one free blur. I should read that soon

So I'm really hovering around buying the whole 20th century boys and Pluto manga series. Man..I forgot how pricey manga gets. It's a shame they don't seem to be available digitally. I think I'll save it for my May bonus purchase.

That's a shame considering how much I hear about it. Definitely something I want to check out. Enigma's another on my list but I see there's a trade collecting it.

The Doom Patrol art rules
doom%20patrol_5705847a285ea2.91198225.jpg

SO excited for this. I think the only announcement that could make me happier is something like Fraction on Amazing Spider-Man honestly.

check out some of his other work!

His twitter

Owzers

I don't like "Young Animal" as the name of a line of books so i'm not buying any of them. They should have called it the Roman Reigns.

Art and descriptions for the Young Animals line:

DOOM PATROL – This September, in the spirit of Grant Morrison's legendary run on the series, along with other classic incarnations of the characters, writer Gerard Way and artist Nick Derington will put their unique stamp on the world's strangest heroes taking on the universe's strangest villains.

SHADE, THE CHANGING GIRL
– An alien takes over the body of a 16-year-old bully and must face the challenges of being a stranger in a foreign land, plus the consequences of a life she didn't live. Star Wars’ Moving Target writer Cecil Castellucci and artist Marley Zarcone explore themes of madness, alienation, and the bizarre in this sci-fi thriller, with covers by Becky Cloonan. The new series hits shelves in October.

CAVE CARSON HAS A CYBERNETIC EYE
– Writers Gerard Way and Jon Rivera, along with artist Michael Avon Oeming take readers on a strange adventure with DC Comics’ Silver Age character Cave Carson, his cybernetic eye and his college–age daughter as they travel to dark places deep in the earth and mind. Catch this new series in October

MOTHER PANIC – Meet Violet Paige, a celebrity heiress by day and brutal vigilante by night as she takes on the underbelly of Gotham City’s high society. Hitting shelves in November, the series is written by Gerard Way and Jody Houser with art by Tommy Lee Edwards

Is today real?

I cannot fucking WAIT.

Eidjinn

Few questions:

1) Where to read more about Carol Denvers? Amazon got two volume ones... I didn't understand why.

2) There's an omnibus for Infinity Gauntlet, but no omnibus for Infinity War and Infinity Crusade?

3) Also, there's no omnibus for Realm of Kings, pre-Annihilators and Annihilators?

VanWinkle

WOW, that DC stuff sounds really cool.

Especially excited for that Kamandi Challenge. Please release in OHC deluxe edition format. The amount of issues makes it a perfect fit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Captain Marvel & The Carol Corps #2-4 - I dont have much to say about thia, it wasnt very good. I liked the idea initially of them wanting to know what was beyond their domain (or in this case, the stars) because I think thats one of the most interesting themes the event had (even if very few books touched on it) but they do very little with it and the ending is super ambiguous (I assume they all die, I dont care either way). Disappointing tie in, especially coming from one of the few Carol fans on gaf.

Captain Marvel & The Carol Corps #2-4 - I dont have much to say about thia, it wasnt very good. I liked the idea initially of them wanting to know what was beyond their domain (or in this case, the stars) because I think thats one of the most interesting themes the event had (even if very few books touched on it) but they do very little with it and the ending is super ambiguous (I assume they all die, I dont care either way). Disappointing tie in, especially coming from one of the few Carol fans on gaf.
It started ok and turned into a mess. And that ending was so poor. Like everyone just gave up for no reason.

TheFlow

Banned
Wait wait wait. Wtf is going.

Someone tell me all that is happening. I can't keep up with the news.

Name drop the new dc titles and ect.

P.s in gym can't look up news yet

Did you read that interview BLL posted yesterday? Dude sounds like he is having a blast right now, I'm really happy for him

...I'd go with Hickman for an imprint though. If they can get him back.

Hickman isn't going back for a while. He put years of his life into that Marvel story, I doubt he's ready to make another Marvel commitment just yet.

Messi

Few questions:

1) Where to read more about Carol Denvers? Amazon got two volume ones... I didn't understand why.

2) There's an omnibus for Infinity Gauntlet, but no omnibus for Infinity War and Infinity Crusade?

3) Also, there's no omnibus for Realm of Kings, pre-Annihilators and Annihilators?

Carol Danvers books, her series by Kelly Sue got rebooted mid series hence two number ones.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FRP6YLM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785165509/?tag=neogaf0e-20

reboot

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785190139/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UIB54V6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785198415/?tag=neogaf0e-20

its all one story.

I seriously think this might be the case. So are these going to be $2.99 books or are they gonna pull a Marvel?

I think their Hanna-Barbera books are $3.99 so I imagine these will be around that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

If they wanted to Marvel it then all the first issues would be $4.99+ :p

TheFlow

Banned
Ok ok I caught up on the news.

I am legit buy all the young animal books. Hory shit heh sound good.

Doom patrol and shade are going to be interesting

Sandfox

Marvel scrambling to return fire on this new imprint right now

I'd love to be a fly on the wall over there

According to Alonso from about month or two back we're supposed to be getting a new book from one of Marvel's imprints soon. I don't see them doing something like what DC is doing though.

I seriously think this might be the case. So are these going to be $2.99 books or are they gonna pull a Marvel?

2.99 is for, I think the phrasing was, "all books in the DC universe." So not Vertigo, obviously, but this stuff might actually fall under that label?

Wouldn't be surprised if they use the new imprint as an excuse to get out from under the pricing, lol.

So is Young Animal's and Kamandai challange apart of the main universe?

The two dollar and 99 cent question.

Top Bottom