• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Oh man, that slipcover set is gorgeous.

Yeah, I wanna say they're taller than Absolute Editions. I paid about $70 per book for those. Which is good in hindsight, because the prices on those shot up when they went out of print. Especially Apocalypse Suite, which was close to $200 last I checked.

arkon

They are, you can see them on cmx

This reads more like a MAX scenario where they don't really intertwine at the same level as mainline books. Gotham is just the setting like New York is for most MAX books. I'm not expecting she'll get Batfamily tie-ins.

Besides, Way and Houser will write the snot out of that book.
Yeah, just I'm less inclined to read it that's all. If it's good I'll invariably get round to it just not as a matter of urgency

shingi70

Banned
Sunstone, bdsm lesbian sex love relationship book. Is lovely.

He is exclusive and they are expanding the Sunstone universe with Blood Stain and Swing later this year.

He writes and draws switch which is about the Witchblade but had only got 2-3 issues out due to injuring his shoulder. Also the book didn't sell well out the gate. Switch was that universe reboot.

Top Cow now have all the eggs in the Sunstone basket.

Really need to catch up on Sunstone.

Suprised Switch didn't get a big marketing push. I just assumed it was a side story and Sejic was working on a Witchblade similar to the regular title.

Umbrella Academy Vol 1

Read this because Tyrant told me it was about as close as anyone has gotten to making something similar to Doom Patrol, and obviously because Way is writing Doom Patrol. To say that DP is in good hands is an understatement. UA was amazing, start to finish. Really weird, bizarre, and just overall fantastic.
It's a beautiful thing
I loved Dallas, that scene with Rumor
I heard a rumor Mr President...
, so good.
Man after me own heart
Oh, it's good. But on the whole I felt that it wasn't as strong as AS. Also, I own the deluxe hardcovers of both volumes. :D
Yo but Dallas has Hazel and Chacha though

Umbrella Academy Vol 1

Read this because Tyrant told me it was about as close as anyone has gotten to making something similar to Doom Patrol, and obviously because Way is writing Doom Patrol. To say that DP is in good hands is an understatement. UA was amazing, start to finish. Really weird, bizarre, and just overall fantastic.

You can really tell he loves Doom Patrol. UA is great stuff.

To think that sillymonkey was the one to recommend it! That's a friend I can trust on comics.

tim1138

Yeah, I wanna say they're taller than Absolute Editions. I paid about $70 per book for those. Which is good in hindsight, because the prices on those shot up when they went out of print. Especially Apocalypse Suite, which was close to $200 last I checked.

I've seen Dallas in the $60-$80 range (depending on condition), but Apocalypse Suite is insanely expensive when I can find a copy for sale. I'm hoping they reprint them when volume three comes out. Despite what Way said in that interview with Rolling Stone, I still wonder if he's going to bring UA to Vertigo.

Owzers

You can really tell he loves Doom Patrol. UA is great stuff.

To think that sillymonkey was the one to recommend it! That's a friend I can trust on comics.
Sometimes liking things is worth it.

Duggan's Deadpool is kinda losing steam around Original Sin, i don't think transitioning to a quick marriage and vampire fighting dazzler team-up is doing much for the book.

I've seen Dallas in the $60-$80 range (depending on condition), but Apocalypse Suite is insanely expensive when I can find a copy for sale. I'm hoping they reprint them when volume three comes out. Despite what Way said in that interview with Rolling Stone, I still wonder if he's going to bring UA to Vertigo.

I'd pick them up in a heartbeat.

None of my comics arrived today either which means I won't have them till monday. Bummer. I've a load of time to kill tomorrow afternoon too. MU to the rescue I guess

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Phil Noto ‏@philnoto 26m26 minutes ago
I couldn’t help myself…
Cfh4SNZVAAAgpbA.jpg:large

Never heard him, but I knew that
James Earl Jones was gonna do VA for the movie.
Good to hear anyway.

You can hear Vader inhaling at 1:18 and exhaling at 1:28. They're not exactly hiding it.

Plus that piece is basically fan art from Noto. Lucasfilm didn't ask him to do it. Makes sense to include Vader really.

Whelp. I just got some shitty news fam.

I think I talked about it in here when it happened, but in case I didn't, I had thyroid cancer back in late 2014. Went in yesterday for a routine ultrasound and they have found abnormal lymph nodes in my neck.

Next step is a CT to find out how bad it is. Wish me luck.

I think I talked about it in here when it happened, but in case I didn't, I had thyroid cancer back in late 2014. Went in yesterday for a routine ultrasound and they have found abnormal lymph nodes in my neck.

Oh shit, good luck, man.

Wish you the best.

Vyer

Damn. All the best to you echoshifting

Kick that bullshit's ass, bro.

Wishing you all the best

Well that blows, best of luck man.

Mitch

Banned

My dad had thyroid cancer. He beat the shit out of it.

Good luck!

mreddie

Fuck man, hope you kick its ass.

tim1138

Cancer sucks, kick its ass man!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Wishing you the best, Echo.

Messi

Shit man. Hope it isn't bad.

Top Bottom