• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Whelp. I just got some shitty news fam.

I think I talked about it in here when it happened, but in case I didn't, I had thyroid cancer back in late 2014. Went in yesterday for a routine ultrasound and they have found abnormal lymph nodes in my neck.

Next step is a CT to find out how bad it is. Wish me luck.

Wishing you the best, Echo. I hope everything turns out okay.

I think I talked about it in here when it happened, but in case I didn't, I had thyroid cancer back in late 2014. Went in yesterday for a routine ultrasound and they have found abnormal lymph nodes in my neck.

Fuck. Good luck and best wishes. >.<

Well fuck. I'm uncomfortable with emotions, so I'll find a gif response:

tumblr_nj2se93Dh31r5tymxo1_500.gif

I think that works. Either that or
6ae74220-b8b9-0133-8291-06e18a8a4ae5.gif

I feel they're both appropriate really

good luck, dude

Thanks again guys. Hopefully it's just the lymph nodes. Not that I'm looking forward to having surgery on my neck again, or radioactive iodine or whatever, but as long as it's just the lymph nodes it should be pretty easy to beat.

Just freaky. I'll be glad when the CT is done. Wish it wasn't the weekend.

I've seen Dallas in the $60-$80 range (depending on condition), but Apocalypse Suite is insanely expensive when I can find a copy for sale. I'm hoping they reprint them when volume three comes out. Despite what Way said in that interview with Rolling Stone, I still wonder if he's going to bring UA to Vertigo.

Jesus, I just looked at Amazon and the first deluxe volume is selling for $400 minimum. Good Lord, I could sell it for half that and still lolololololol about it.

Shit dude, hope everything works out A-okay for you.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished the Ms. Marvel OHC Vol 1!
That was really great.
I gotta pick up some of the Marvel OHCs that have come out in the past 6 months, like Hawkeye vol 2, Ms Marvel vol 2, Daredevil vol 3, etc. I forgot how much I dig those books.

Edit:

I'm so sorry to hear that, Echo. I'll be praying for you man. It really hurts to hear that. I'm sure you'll pull through one way or another though. You're too good of a guy.

Messi

That was really great.
I gotta pick up some of the Marvel OHCs that have come out in the past 6 months, like Hawkeye vol 2, Ms Marvel vol 2, Daredevil vol 3, etc. I forgot how much I dig those books.

Ms Marvel OHC 2 came out this week

That was really great.

Every time I see a Kipp post I think I clicked on Action Figure GAF.

Comics can off you more than Monsterarts.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ms Marvel OHC 2 came out this week

Pretty good timing, right?
I would place an order right now, but with how long IST takes to ship, I'd already be in New Hampshire when the books show up at my house in California. I'll just wait til I've moved to place an order.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Shit. Wish you luck. Cancer is a asshole

anaron

Thanks again guys. Hopefully it's just the lymph nodes. Not that I'm looking forward to having surgery on my neck again, or radioactive iodine or whatever, but as long as it's just the lymph nodes it should be pretty easy to beat.

Thoughts are with you!

I think Supergirl 1,000,000 might be my favourite of the issues I've read till now. Fun, great art and also a sense of wistfulness underlying the hole issue. Loved it.

Damn echo. Sorry to hear that.

Will I need to read the main book to get whats going on in Vader Down? I'm kinda reluctant to read the main book, not sure it has anything new to offer.

I just flipped through the first SW issue involved in Vader Down and I think you'll be fine just grabbing the crossover issues...which is worth doing, it's a good crossover.

All the characters you would need an introduction to are Darth Vader characters.

I just flipped through the first SW issue involved in Vader Down and I think you'll be fine just grabbing the crossover issues...which is worth doing, it's a good crossover.

All the characters you would need an introduction to are Darth Vader characters.

Sounds good, cheers for the info

Messi

I re-read Black Panther #1 today. Man this issue was awesome. From start to finish. It is so good to have a well written Wakanda book. I think Brian Stelfreeze and Laura Martin deserve more credit than they have been getting. The art is incredible, some of the silhouettes for characters and scenes are just beautiful. It's a very striking book.

Maybe comics can be saved after all?

LosDaddie

Banned
ComicsGAF,

Is AoA as disappointing as I remember from back in the day? I remember the event being a big disappointment when my younger self read it, but I also didn't read every issue that's in the omnibus.

That AoA omnibus is real tempting right now....

Mifune

Mehmber
Wishing you the best, echo.

I read a handful of those Image #1s.

Deadly Class - Good stuff, although I kinda liked it more when we were just following this homeless kid. The reveal of what the hell the comic's about is cool but a bit standard.

Velvet - A bit Brubaker-by-numbers, but that's not a terrible thing. Solid setup, great art.

The Wicked + The Divine - Yeah, this was some good shit. Fucking weird as hell, mysterious, like nothing else I've read.

Bitch Planet - My favorite of these four. Raw and angry as fuck, with a great protagonist switcheroo at the end there.

Whoever said now I'll have to buy all these series was right. Four for four so far. I've been out of comics for a while and I missed that jolt of insane creativity they provide. Quite frankly I'm in awe once again.

Good luck man. I wish the best for you.

Messi

Wishing you the best, echo.

I read a handful of those Image #1s.

Deadly Class - Good stuff, although I kinda liked it more when we were just following this homeless kid. The reveal of what the hell the comic's about is cool but a bit standard.

Fatale - A bit Brubaker-by-numbers, but that's not a terrible thing. Solid setup, great art. I've heard this series gets a bit weird so I'm intrigued.

The Wicked + The Divine - Yeah, this was some good shit. Fucking weird as hell, mysterious, like nothing else I've read.

Bitch Planet - My favorite of these four. Raw and angry as fuck, with a great protagonist switcheroo at the end there.

Whoever said now I'll have to buy all these series was right. Four for four so far. I've been out of comics for a while and I missed that jolt of insane creativity they provide. Quite frankly I'm in awe once again.

Lemme tell you that from issue two of deadly Class that book veers into a completely different direction. Would never describe deadly class as standard.

Mifune

Mehmber
Lemme tell you that from issue two of deadly Class that book veers into a completely different direction. Would never describe deadly class as standard.

Good to hear!

And there's the problem with giving impressions of #1 issues. You run the risk of looking like an idiot.

Good to hear!

And there's the problem with giving impressions of #1 issues. You run the risk of looking like an idiot.

Nah you don't look like an idiot. If that were the case it would be impossible to review anything with an episodic structure. Sometimes things take twists and turns, and Deadly Class takes many. Glad to hear you're sticking with it, it's a Top 5 Image book right now.

Mifune

Mehmber
Nah you don't look like an idiot. If that were the case it would be impossible to review anything with an episodic structure. Sometimes things take twists and turns, and Deadly Class takes many. Glad to hear you're sticking with it, it's a Top 5 Image book right now.

Image really should do an Image Unlimited. They have far far too many great sounding books. I just picked up Autumnlands #1 because, well, it's Busiek doing creator owned stuff. Nobody talks about it, I have no idea how it is, but it just shows how deep Image's slate is.

Image really should do an Image Unlimited. They have far far too many great sounding books. I just picked up Autumnlands #1 because, well, it's Busiek doing creator owned stuff. Nobody talks about it, I have no idea how it is, but it just shows how deep Image's slate is.
fwiw, some people here were really into that book when it started

I kinda want a DC Unlimited service myself

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

First arc was good. Second arc has been a bit meh so far though.

MG310

Sam WIlson: Captain America 7

Had to go to wikipedia to figure out all of this Kobik/Pleasant Hill stuff and it makes me happy to not be reading any of the other books included in the Avengers: Standoff crossover.

Messi

Sam WIlson: Captain America 7

Had to go to wikipedia to figure out all of this Kobik/Pleasant Hill stuff and it makes me happy to not be reading any of the other books included in the Avengers: Standoff crossover.

Why? Standoff has been good so far.

Zombine

Banned

You got this shit bro. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom