• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

PsychBat!

Banned
tumblr_m1ihkgBEwg1qfbz1so1_500.gif

tim1138

Amazon still has the Neal Adams Batman omnibus for 50% off, so I went ahead and grabbed a copy. It should arrive on Sunday, I'm really looking forward to digging into it.

Messi

Is Bendis writing anything of note these days? Last I saw he was writing Iron Man, still doing that?

Iron Man
International Iron Man
Spider-Man
Guardians of The Galaxy
Civil War 2

and apparently Scarlet

The first 3 are absolutely worth your time. Scarlet is cool and isn't a very long read.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Armor Wars #3-5 - Well this was kinda boring and predictable and vanilla. Its not exactly terrjble but ita not good either. I like that there is a clear arc and conclusion at least. Good art too.

Old Man Logan #5 - Meh. Super boring issue with Logan in what I can inly assume is the Ultimate End domain (of all places) with a ton of exposition and little else. Its basically just a set up for the new ongoing, since it actually ends AFTER secret wars with Logan waking up in the 616 (lol). Super underwhelming end to the mini, and I was one of the few that was into it too. At least Sorrentino's art is bawling as usual.

MODOK Assassin #5 - Satusfying ending to the book as Modok and Angela defeat Mordo with a little help from a bunch of Sentinels from a neighbouring domain. Modok being into Angela was super cute throughout the mini and the writing was funny. Art could be better, but for a book that issue #1 did nothing for me, this turned out shockingly enjoyable. Shouldn't have doubted Yost I guess.

Calcium

Banned
Iron Man
International Iron Man
Spider-Man
Guardians of The Galaxy
Civil War 2

and apparently Scarlet

Damn, I really should pay attention.

The first 3 are absolutely worth your time. Scarlet is cool and isn't a very long read.

Yeah, I'll get into Iron Man and Spider-Man books some day. My Marvel shelf is just X-Men, Daredevil and Star Wars. Pretty sad.

Messi

Damn, I really should pay attention.

Yeah, I'll get into Iron Man and Spider-Man books some day. My Marvel shelf is just X-Men, Daredevil and Star Wars. Pretty sad.

You should check out the Ultimate Spider-Man run with Miles. Its out in I believe 3 ultimate collections . Its great and has stellar art throughout.

Calcium

Banned
You should check out the Ultimate Spider-Man run with Miles. Its out in I believe 3 ultimate collections . Its great and has stellar art throughout.

Absolutely. It's on my list so I'll get around to it eventually. I'm probably 2-3 IST orders away from expanding my Marvel horizons, though.

Messi

I'll definitely look up some of his other stuff if it's anywhere close to this good.

I'll check it out.

Believe it or not Black Science is the worst of them (while still being great) Deadly Class and Low are both incredible. Tokyo Ghost is a visual treat that is building nicely.

Owzers

My Tokyo Ghost vol 1 tpb was slightly dented/ripped at the top of the back spine so i don't like Remender anymore. That's all it takes really.

Bii

Believe it or not Black Science is the worst of them (while still being great) Deadly Class and Low are both incredible. Tokyo Ghost is a visual treat that is building nicely.

Right on point.

My ranking would be: Deadly Class, Low, Tokyo Ghost and then Black Science. I still want to get the Black Science OHC but the binding of it has me worried.

I was a huge fan of Sliders so this may just end up in a class all its own with me just because it's scratching a certain nostalgic itch for being a litthe similar.

Calcium

Banned

Messi

My Tokyo Ghost vol 1 tpb was slightly dented/ripped at the top of the back spine so i don't like Remender anymore. That's all it takes really.

Rational.

Did you try repainting it so you dont see the rip?

Right on point.

My ranking would be: Deadly Class, Low, Tokyo Ghost and then Black Science. I still want to get the Black Science OHC but the binding of it has me worried.

You should be worried. Its super tight and doesn't open properly. Gutter loss too :/

I agree with that ranking but also see Low above Deadly Class. Both are so good.

Messi

I will be so upset if they fuck up the binding on Deadly Classes OHC that is being printed currently. I hope they took notice of peoples issues with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Remender is a hack. Thats right, I said it!

tim1138

This is your friendly reminder that the creative teams, not Image, make all decisions regarding their books, including paper stock, trade dress, and binding. In fact, hardcover releases are financed by the creators, not Image.

Messi

This is your friendly reminder that the creative teams, not Image, make all decisions regarding their books, including paper stock, trade dress, and binding. In fact, hardcover releases are financed by the creators, not Image.

Yeah, this. Which is what worries me about Remenders books.

Shit, these are all still ongoing? What the fuck are you guys doing to me?!

They are some of the top shit currently releasing at image man. Live in this golden moment with us friend.

Top Bottom