• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

^^ that didn't bother me too much tbh but yeah i can see some of that getting annoying

right. I also feel Gillen/McKelvie recognized the limits of their perspectives better than the Batgirl people did too but even then those afterparty issues at the end actually felt pretty genuine in a way that none of the Batgirl issues do

DC pls hire me n serp to write your #teenz

Batgirl Year One is totally rad. So is Robin Year One. DC can hire whoever to write their teens idc but DC pls let me write your Mexicans

I know this is super late since it's probably on MU already, but does anyone want a code for Spider-Woman #1 on CMX? I bought a set of codes from a dude on eBay but I already have #1.

Owzers

After reading a lot of comics in one day, a whole seven issues total including the five issue Tokyo trade, i feel like i've read all the comics the world has to offer. How can there be more than seven issues of worthwhile new comics out there?

Zombine

Banned
After reading a lot of comics in one day, a whole seven issues total including the five issue Tokyo trade, i feel like i've read all the comics the world has to offer. How can there be more than seven issues of worthwhile new comics out there?

How have we not discovered all of the different Pokemon yet?

Hmm, I hadn;t seen this Sejic Big Barda drawing before.

QmhXJYI.jpg

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
SpiderMiles #3
Stuff actually happened, hurray! And only one crossover, but since it's Kamala I can forgive it.

As far as telling other authors to get fucked goes, one could do a whole lot worse than Three, by Gillen.

Only real flaw is how predictable the story is, but a decent read nonetheless.
---

Oh hey, chew actually improves after kano rejoins the team.

frye

this isn't just comics but I've realized that my new biggest pet peeve is fake social media websites

it's the worst thing

Black Science 7-16

This has kind of gone in a different direction than I thought it would. Now it's kind of Terminator mixed with Sliders mixed with family drama. Still really like it but not sure I'm in love with the whole cyclical/we are our own undoing kind of way it's leading.

As far as telling other authors to get fucked goes, one could do a whole lot worse than Three, by Gillen.

Only real flaw is how predictable the story is, but a decent read nonetheless.
---

Oh hey, chew actually improves after kano rejoins the team.
I always wondered if Three was good. He certainly seemed to take issue with Miller's 300.

Messi

I'm almost finished with my playthrough and I can safely say... You'll be doing lots of that. Game has some of the hardest bosses in the series.

btw, Deadly Class has gotten better now that Marcus is insane

Can't wait for vol 4.

This is my favorite moment in the book by far.

frye

I always wondered if Three was good. He certainly seemed to take issue with Miller's 300.

it's okay; I read a few issues but other than drawing pretty girls, Ryan Kelly doesn't really do it for me

also I think he actually likes 300, or at least can put aside some of his annoyances most of the time -- iirc Three came outta him coming back from a bar and picking up 300 and not being able to put aside those annoyances

(i actually like 300 a lot [duh] but it's endlessly amusing to me that that ended up being such a more successful propaganda piece than Holy Terror ever could've hoped to be)

e: if you're gonna take on 300 you gotta make it look at least half as good imo

frye

http://kodanshacomics.tumblr.com/post/142501060576/emerald-city-comicon-announcement-1-akira-the

In 2017, to honor the 35th anniversary of the debut of this seminal piece of sequential art, Kodansha Comics will release Akira: The 35th Anniversary Box Set. It will feature Vol. 1-6, the complete series, in large format hardcovers, plus the Akira Club art book. For the first time ever in English, the series will be presented in the original right-to-left format, with unaltered original art and Japanese sound effects with endnote translations. Our goal is to produce the ultimate, definitive English edition, presenting Otomo’s art in the most authentic and collectible way possible.

holy shit

Im conflicted on Born Again suddenly becoming a Captain America comic cuz its like a parade of top tier Captain America moments

that one issue where it p much turns into a Captain America comics is honestly one of my favourite Cap comics

frye

i probably should've also included the part where it's supposed to be 200 bux but yeah, i think i'm gonna have to cop this next year

Just curious...how big of a backlog do you guys have right now? I just counted and I'm up to 42. Need to do some serious comic reading this weekend. Got 16 more coming up this Wednesday.

Drifter is back this week!

Messi

Just curious...how big of a backlog do you guys have right now? I just counted and I'm up to 42. Need to do some serious comic reading this weekend. Got 16 more coming up this Wednesday.

162 single issues.

Trades who fucking knows.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

18 books right now. I'll be adding 6 more to it on Wednesday.

Shutter #19
Rat Queens #15
Monstress #4
Injection #8
Cry Havoc #3
Mirror #2
Wayward #15
Saga #35
Revival #38
Black Science #21
The Wicked + The Divine #18
The Walking Dead #153
The Fix #1
Rumble #1
Thief of Thieves #1
No Mercy #1
Drifter #1
Birthright #1

Owzers

162 single issues.

Trades who fucking knows.

trade backlogs feel like previous generation console backlogs, it's just never getting done. Outside of the rare monthly getting piled up past 10 issues ( black science and hellboy in hell are the current stacks, hellboy especially since i'm not reading hellboy in hell until i advance in my Hellboy Library reading, still on volume 1), i'm mostly on top of the flops.

Single issues about 60 (all of Shade the Changing Man).
Trades/Omnibuses - Lost count

Corpsepyre

Banned
Guys, read The Fix #1 immediately! It's fucking brilliant. Absolutely cannot wait for the next issue. Haven't laughed my ass off in a while.

Damn, I thought this thing was dead....wonder if I still have the first issues lying around to read again.

Yeah, they released the first trade, and then some standalone issues after that. It took years for them to even get that far. I think they would have been further along but they claimed that they put the book on hiatus because shit was getting too real at the time. The book first came out around the time that the Occupy Wall Street movement was a thing.

I think he's okay but I'm not a huge fan of his interiors

Huh? Not a fan of.... Albuquerque.... How can this be?

Did you just lose your own challenge? No one was supposed to read any comics this weekend.

Hmm, I hadn;t seen this Sejic Big Barda drawing before.

New to me as well.

I need that dude on a marvel book :(

Won't happen. He signed Top Cow exclusive. Which makes sense when taking into account his health issues and the fact that most of his career has been working for Top Cow.

WicDiv though...
everyone is just alive again..?

I don't know about everyone. But Laura
is Persephone, who's the wife of Hades in Greek mythology

Suggested retail $199.99.

nigga

I question your commitment to good comics.

Top Bottom