• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Owzers

Did you just lose your own challenge? No one was supposed to read any comics this weekend.

I lost my challenge last night, thought i could finish Tokyo Ghost before midnight but i got distracted by Wrath of the Titans and ended up finishing the trade fifteen minutes after. I should have never been reading comics in the first place, it's my fault.

I lost my challenge last night, thought i could finish Tokyo Ghost before midnight but i got distracted by Wrath of the Titans and ended up finishing the trade fifteen minutes after. I should have never been reading comics in the first place, it's my fault.

A shitty movie distracted you from a great comic? Huh.

God dammit I shouldn't have started to buy Akira this year. I don't know if I'll rebuy but I'll see how I feel when this comes out.

Just curious...how big of a backlog do you guys have right now? I just counted and I'm up to 42. Need to do some serious comic reading this weekend. Got 16 more coming up this Wednesday.

Drifter is back this week!
Too big. I read a ton over the past month or so though between Daredevil and Rachel Rising.

I'm mostly caught up on single issues of ongoings though. I think the only one I'm really behind on is Gotham Academy and even that's a couple of issues.

tim1138

Just curious...how big of a backlog do you guys have right now? I just counted and I'm up to 42. Need to do some serious comic reading this weekend. Got 16 more coming up this Wednesday.

Zero single issues and the back half of two different trades.

Bii

Rubber is a strange movie

Had that on my Netflix list for the longest time. I wonder if it's still on there; might have to give it a watch.

I had attended two small conventions in my city in the past two months and got a few sketches. This year has started off slow for me as there hasn't been many cons that have lined up with my schedule. The next con on my list is in July (SDCC). And then maybe Stocktoncon and San Francisco Comic Con thereafter. From Ani-Me Con 5.0 in February, I got Claire Mendoza (Milktea Aries) to draw a chibi version of Satsuki from Kill la Kill. Couldn't pass up a commission for only $2.

BdlZ6Vn.jpg

Also had Lauren Hacaga do Dark Link. I had looked over her work on display and saw that she had drawn Sheik and Zelda very well. I walked away very impressed.

Then FresCon Year 2 in March, Ethen Beavers drew Batman in the style of the animated series. He even gave me a free print of his when I went to pick up my sketchbook.

And finally a cute version of Kylo Ren by Heidy Lopez.

I've been thinking/researching on getting another sketchbook started but might go the custom route as oppose to buying what's available everywhere. If I do, I hope I get it finished by July. We'll see.

Digital future what

print comics wins again

wallet am cry rite now
Yoooo this actually means Kodansha has the license. I think digital Akira won't be far behind! They just did a big CMX blow out on other series

Oh I dunno. Several thousand issues for sure. Probably a lot higher than that.

Owzers

What if comics aren't that bad and you guys have been negative all these years for nothing?

Also if the Rockets and Bulls don't make the playoffs this year I'm going to smirk.

Owzers

I thought me and you were Rockets to the end bro. To the end.

Best case scenario: Rockets make the playoffs as the eighth seed and beat the Warriors!

What do you have against the Bulls? :mad:

I'm not sure, but whenever teams have talent and can't make the playoffs in the east it's weird. How are you so bad with Gasol/Ghost of Rose/overrated Butler?

Messi

Best case scenario: Rockets make the playoffs as the eighth seed and beat the Warriors!

I'm not sure, but whenever teams have talent and can't make the playoffs in the east it's weird. How are you so bad with Gasol/Ghost of Rose/overrated Butler?

Butler is injured tho and not overrated

Whoooooooo! I unboxed my Negan statue today. Got #227/1000. I'll take some pics when the lighting is a bit better. Thing is pretty huge. Really happy I bought it, especially now that it sold out. It's made out of resin, and required a good bit of assembly, but it's all magnets. The base is so big it just barely fit onto the bottom detolf shelf while still alowing the door to close.

Owzers

I never should have bought NBA 2k16, i haven't played it since i bought it during the black friday best buy sale. I now know what it feels like to be on the Rockets, I'm just not that interested in playing basketball.

The Poe comic made Poe even more likable. Loved how Soule included L'ulo from Shattered Empire in Black Squadron after he flew with Poe's mum. Hope they don't kill him off.

Messi

I never should have bought NBA 2k16, i haven't played it since i bought it during the black friday best buy sale. I now know what it feels like to be on the Rockets, I'm just not that interested in playing basketball.

Laughed at this one

The Poe comic made Poe even more likable. Loved how Soule included L'ulo from Shattered Empire in Black Squadron after he flew with Poe's mum. Hope they don't kill him off.

It does a good job feeling like poe.

It could be worse, you could have spent the day playing World of Warcraft to get a skin unlock for a completely different game.

This was a frustrating day game-wise. Went onto Heroes of the Storm for the Free Hero Weekend. Noobs, noobs everywhere. Nobody had a clue what they were doing. Too frustrating for words.

Back to Witcher III tomorrow though. Now that's a video game.

Owzers

It could be worse, you could have spent the day playing World of Warcraft to get a skin unlock for a completely different game.

This was a frustrating day game-wise. Went onto Heroes of the Storm for the Free Hero Weekend. Noobs, noobs everywhere. Nobody had a clue what they were doing. Too frustrating for words.

Back to Witcher III tomorrow though. Now that's a video game.
Hearthstone paladin skin? I want that but I've never played wow and don't want to just for that. I still need to start the Witcher 3 expansion thing.

Hearthstone paladin skin? I want that but I've never played wow and don't want to just for that. I still need to start the Witcher 3 expansion thing.

Yep. I played years and years ago, quit around WOTLK time, but it might as well be a new game now. It's been like eight years, I was completely lost.

I don't have the Witcher expansions. This is a free copy from my graphics card, I don't really want to spend any money. If GOG had a sale while I was playing, maybe.

Top Bottom