• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Messi

I made enough on ther to pay for 80% of my iPad so if they go down now so be it. They have already served their purpose.

Speaking of ipads, I just got a dental bill today for 1.5k. So thats the pro out the window for a few months :(

Is Pulido widely loved? If so, him. I get that he's really good at framing the action, but the faces... Man, I can't get past the faces.

He is pretty well liked here. I agree with you but I wouldn't say anything worse than that. Sometimes his art looks really good other times it looks really off. He had the full range in She Hulk.

Boogiepop

Absolutely. Nice little bits of character depth.
Thanks. Also, I am weak... in weird ways. I mentioned my mostly catching up om Walking Dead to a friend and got a spoiler that I didn't really like the sound of... Which got me to the point where I was like "damn it, now I CAN'T compendium wait because I need to know if that was BS". And thus I've caught up on the series digitally and shall read it soon.

the shit you people get in squabbles about...

So anyway I'm liking Batman and Robin Eternal. I've come around on Tony Daniel these past few years, he's improved quite a bit from his Jim Lee-clone days. I like all the characters and how they interact with each other, it's fun

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My main question during Secret Wars was "Where the hell are the Exiles while all this total multiversal collapse stuff is going on?"

They're likely all dead now, at least until Franklin brings their realities back. Peter David remembered the series just long enough to kill off Exiles Miguel O'Hara during Spider-Verse.

Yeah that would have been the perfect time to bring them back like they did with the Runaways.

And SW would have been a great excuse to get Blink back in the main Marvel reality. They could have transplanted her right out the AoA tie-in like they did with AoA Kitty.

And SW would have been a great excuse to get Blink back in the main Marvel reality. They could have transplanted her right out the AoA tie-in like they did with AoA Kitty.

Thanks, now I'm super sad they didn't do this :(

Blink is so awesome. If she popped up in Contest of Champions I'd have to start buying it again

Zombine

Banned
Thanks. Also, I am weak... in weird ways. I mentioned my mostly catching up om Walking Dead to a friend and got a spoiler that I didn't really like the sound of... Which got me to the point where I was like "damn it, now I CAN'T compendium wait because I need to know if that was BS". And thus I've caught up on the series digitally and shall read it soon.

Imagine reading monthly since issue 56 and not being able to read #100 day and date and being spoiled in a random ass article on kotaku because of the comment section :/

Liked the first issue of Cry Havoc, think I'll grab the next two.

Why does Velvet read so damn fast? It's a great book, but it just breezes by.

Messi

Same here. Root canal due to a cracked tooth. Thank god for insurance.

10 fillings and a root canal for good measure. I hear this price aint bad for all that work but it still fucking sucks. Terrified that the root canal is gonna fuck me up.

Messi

the shit you people get in squabbles about...

So anyway I'm liking Batman and Robin Eternal. I've come around on Tony Daniel these past few years, he's improved quite a bit from his Jim Lee-clone days. I like all the characters and how they interact with each other, it's fun

You starting something m8?

Mitch

Banned
10 fillings and a root canal for good measure. I hear this price aint bad for all that work but it still fucking sucks. Terrified that the root canal is gonna fuck me up.
My root canal went really well. A little pain afterwards, but it was to be expected.

Walking Dead reads wicked fast for me.

Yeah, it's not a terribly complex book to read. I've been reading Crossed +100 for a bit now and I'm still not even through the first trade. It reads slow becuse the language they use is basically cobbled together from what they were able to find before society fell. They have a lot of phrases and words that don't mean exactly what these people think they mean nd it causes the book to read slow as a result. For example, they call thinking "skulling" or "to skull." Seeing is "opsying," etc. etc. it takes while to put things together, but it's been a fun book so far.

7oWNBXV.png

Haha! Still better than Quitely!

I haven't seen the film. I'm guessing Supes loses. :(

Mitch

Banned
Was the actual surgery painful? and how long did recovery from it take?

Sorry for the questions but I am really shitting it.
Did not feel a thing. Recovery was a couple weeks. Had bleeding and minor pain in the area, which is to be expected. The meds they gave me took care of that for the most part.

Now I have a crown there and it took me a while to get used to it. It's a foreign object and I couldn't help poking it with my tongue for at least two months.

You should be fine, so don't stress too much.

I guess Capullo

I don't think he's bad or anything though. I just don't have that love for him that most people do. I think the coloring is great but he doesn't do that part.
Got a chance to examine his work much more closely than before. Capullo is very good but I dont think hes anywhere near as good as people tend to rate him. I think he just gets largely praised for being a very good artist on a highly acclaimed run on one of the most popular characters there is in comics. Not many were calling him the best artist in capes comics when he was drawing Spawn.

Don't worry about it too much Messi. They had to actually take a saw to my jaw because my tooth was at a 90 degree angle and then do the root canal. And I felt no pain at all during the op. Your's should be a lot more straightforward.

VanWinkle

Got a chance to examine his work much more closely than before. Capullo is very good but I dont think hes anywhere near as good as people tend to rate him. I think he just gets largely praised for being a very good artist on a highly acclaimed run on one of the most popular characters there is in comics. Not many were calling him the best artist in capes comics when he was drawing Spawn.

I think he has a good blend of cartoon and realism (veering more towards cartoon than a lot of artists, which I enjoy), a unique style, a great eye for composition, and panel layouts that never cross the line into overdone/confusing but aren't ever boring.

I don't think he's the best artist ever or anything, but I'm a huge fan of his style. It helps that he works with an excellent ink and coloring team.

You'll be fine. I had to get one after I left a chipped tooth alone for like 4 years, no pain at all. Barely even any discomfort. The surgeon didn't have much bedside manner, though, I'm used to more chatty dentists, this guy was all business.

Don't worry about it too much Messi. They had to actually take a saw to my jaw because my tooth was at a 90 degree angle and then do the root canal. And I felt no pain at all during the op. Your's should be a lot more straightforward.

o_0

Mitch

Banned
I had an extra canal they had to take care of. It was hard work apparently. Messi will be fine though.

Messi

Did not feel a thing. Recovery was a couple weeks. Had bleeding and minor pain in the area, which is to be expected. The meds they gave me took care of that for the most part.

Now I have a crown there and it took me a while to get used to it. It's a foreign object and I couldn't help poking it with my tongue for at least two months.

You should be fine, so don't stress too much.

You'll be fine. I had to get one after I left a chipped tooth alone for like 4 years, no pain at all. Barely even any discomfort. The surgeon didn't have much bedside manner, though, I'm used to more chatty dentists, this guy was all business.

o_0

Thanks guys, my dentist is actually really nice. She told me today that I could take it out if I wanted and that would be way cheaper but that at my age id be left without the tooth for the rest of my life. She showed me the x-ray and told me it looks like a fairly simple procedure to her.

One of my friends tod me his was really painful and he could smell burning or some shit. Put me way off the idea and I have been living in pain for the past 2 weeks due to that.

Mitch

Banned
Messi, just keep your mouth open and shut your eyes. Think about something to distract yourself. The anesthetic will help a lot.

I literally thought about the last anime I watched. Just went through the episodes that stood out and sort of replayed them in my head. It was over before I knew it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Heh.

I actually really like the use of repeat panels to simulate comedic timing, like in a "beat for effect" kinda way. Never fails to make me smile.

I don't mind it either when it works well.

Also, on the subject of dentistry, last time I visited my dentist I had a seizure. Few hospitals scans later, I'm OK but I'm never going back.

Top Bottom