• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Okay so this is confusing. Does this mean that Ted Kord is Doctor Fate or the current Doctor Fate is in Blue Beetle?

[IG]http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/FullSizeRender-1-600x800.jpg[/IMG]

Also can get some suggestions on how to get into Marvel's Cosmic timeline?

They need to hire copywriters who know how to use punctuation.

"In Issue #1: Jaime Reyes gains a mentor in Ted Kord, as Doctor Fate also joins the cast to help unlock the secrets of the scarab. By Keith Giffen and Scott Kolins on September 28".

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so this is confusing. Does this mean that Ted Kord is Doctor Fate or the current Doctor Fate is in Blue Beetle?

I'd say it reads "person A gets a mentor in Person B as Person C also joins the cast"

And there's a big image of the timeline of Cosmic Marvel that I'm sure someone has saved and ready for you.

Edit: beat on both.

Yeah it's just good comics. I don't really get that mentality. Vision is practically an Image book.

Well I also skip books about characters that don't interest me. I haven't read a single Deadpool or Punisher solo. The only reason I'm intrigued about reading a Punisher solo is for Remender and Rucka's runs because I really like the writers. I have no interest in reading a DP solo, and I only read Vision because of the glowing reviews it got here and how different of a book it's been.

The premise has been more intriguing than the actual character.

Well I also skip books about characters that don't interest me. I haven't read a single Deadpool or Punisher solo. The only reason I'm intrigued about reading a Punisher solo is for Remender and Rucka's runs because I really like the writers. I have no interest in reading a DP solo, and I only read Vision because of the glowing reviews it got here and how different of a book it's been.

The premise has been more intriguing than the actual character.

Yeah, I meant I don't get that mentality in this specific case. Vision is consistently overshadowed by the supporting cast anyway, and when he's there his characterization has very little to do with his characterization in, say, ANAD Avengers.

FullSizeRender-1-600x800.jpg

Jaime and Kord apparently join up in the big Rebirth oneshot, so I'm thinking Fate comes in with issue #1

Ross61

Well, to be honest, the current Marvel cosmic stuff isn't so great. I mean, some of the books are fun but there's nothing they're publishing right now in the cosmic space that will be remembered in five years.

Your best bet is to dig into the classic stuff from the early 2000's and if you like what you read, then check out some of the current books. Note that not all this stuff is in print right now, but it is all available digitally if you're into that.

Click to expand image (warning: it's big):

Jesus that's a lot, but doable.

Lastly, does anyone know Geoff Johns Green Lantern run in Chronological Order?

Thanks for the help.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It's soooooo good Brian you should really give it an issue or two man

I can't imagine not being pulled in by the end of the first issue. The tease at the end had me instantly.

Though, I did notice that the woman's name seems to change between issue 1 (Nora) and issue 6 (Martha). At least in my Comixology versions.

I can't imagine not being pulled in by the end of the first issue. The tease at the end had me instantly.

Though, I did notice that the woman's name seems to change between issue 1 (Nora) and issue 6 (Martha). At least in my Comixology versions.

All moms in comics are named Martha now

Helps everybody get along better

mreddie

So New Wasp is...
A Russian named Nadia, that Hank has never met before, but has the ability to shrink herself without equipment, and seems to believe she has a right to claim Hank's lab as her own. And of course, has said to be Janet's step daughter.

Waid...what are you doing?

Just went to the library and picked up Seven Soldiers Vol 1, Batman RIP, Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader and Killing and Dying. Did I do good?

Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader is god tier.

I wish we got more DC Neil Gaiman books. I'd love to see him do Shazam.

So New Wasp is...
A Russian named Nadia, that Hank has never met before, but has the ability to shrink herself without equipment, and seems to believe she has a right to claim Hank's lab as her own. And of course, has said to be Janet's step daughter.

Waid...what are you doing?

BEING ALL-NEW AND ALL-DIFFERENT.

Sounds interesting to me, I'm down.

I just realized that Carol should be replaced by Young Jean in The Ultimates just so she can try to read America's mind and straight get wrecked by a punch to the face.

And also so Emma can take her place in Extraordinary.

I just realized that Carol should be replaced by Young Jean in The Ultimates just so she can try to read America's mind and straight get wrecked by a punch to the face.

And also so Emma can take her place in Extraordinary.

I love how hated Carol is getting just at the mention of the plot for Civil War II.

tim1138

I'm not gonna bother linking to Bleeding Cool because it sounds like he swiped this from the Rebirth Previews mag, but this all sounds great. It's like Johns is firing back against all of Didio's editorial heavy handedness with the N52.

“Beginning with DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH #1, the original universe evolves by mixing traditional values and a modern aesthetic.”

Geoff Johns is telling a story—and it’s got the attention of every-one in the room.

Johns stands in his usual position, in front of a wall-sized dry-erase board, surrounded by a couple dozen DC editorial staffers at the company’s Burbank, CA, HQ Easy-going but confident, Johns—Chief Creative Officer for DC Entertainment, a guiding architect for comics, feature films, TV and video games—laid out his plans for the story that would become DC UNIVERSE REBIRTH #1.

After Johns had finished his presentation and the meeting had adjourned, one of the editors pulled the writer aside and proclaimed, “I wish I could forget everything you just said and read it as a fan.”

The sentiment was shared by many of the editors; they’d attended creator read-throughs before, but none had generated a buzz like this.

It’s Johns’ hope that he can convince fans to avoid spoilers and pick up DC UNIVERSE- REBIRTH with fresh eyes and open minds. He promises it’ll be well worth the effort for a story that’s going to fundamentally shake everything you know about the DC Universe right down to its very core.

“The themes of [DC UNIVERSE: REBIRTH] divide into four chapters,” Johns explains. “The first one is about loss. It focuses on what perhaps has gone missing in our comic books, when it comes to the DC Universe. And historically what the DC Universe really is.

“The second chapter is about legacy. That’s the main thing I feel has been lost from the DC Universe from the New 52 reboot. We’re showing a kind of secret side of the DC Universe, where legacy comes into play again.

“The next chapter is love, and it’s all about the love that’s in the DC Universe…and that which has disappeared from the DC Universe. “The fourth chapter is titled ‘Life,’ which is about both the end and beginning of life.”

I'm not gonna bother linking to Bleeding Cool because it sounds like he swiped this from the Rebirth Previews mag, but this all sounds great. It's like Johns is firing back against all of Didio's editorial heavy handedness with the N52.

“The next chapter is love, and it’s all about the love that’s in the DC Universe…and that which has disappeared from the DC Universe.

Kate and Mags getting married, y'all!

Owzers

Raw might actually be good tonight.....put down the comics folks, it's wrestling time.

That was a joke, you're not reading comics right now and we know it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just read Empress #1.

Thought it was a bit boring tbh, reminded me of the story of Mad Max: Fury Road. I'll read issue 2 before I decide whether to drop it.

Branson

Thanks for the comments earlier guys. I was reading some guides for marvel and was pretty overwhelmed. It did make me interested in reading Inhumans and stuff. As I have never heard of that before. I'll just go through and pick out the more interesting ones to me.

Like I've already read a volume of Thor and the god bomb arc. I love that concept and it doesn't seem to tie in its just a good story.

Top Bottom