• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Messi

What don't you like about it?

The art puts me in the negative zone.

I hate the supporting cast. It doesn't feel genuine to me. It feels too calculated. I suppose I should have expected this after loving Kelly Sue's book. It's readable but I find it to be really forgettable.

The art puts me in the negative zone.

I hate the supporting cast. It doesn't feel genuine to me. It feels too calculated. I suppose I should have expected this after loving Kelly Sue's book. It's readable but I find it to be really forgettable.

Fair enough. I like it more for Alpha Flight than Captain Marvel so I understand your complaint.

You will. He damaged his shoulder and it caused all his books to get delayed by a few months while he got rehab.

Btw the finished issue has been on his deviantart for free for a month as Sejic said it wasn't fair to keep fans waiting because the delays were all his fault.

My bigger problem is how boring the book is.
Oh man, had no idea. That's a good a reason as any to delay a book.

Ponn

Banned
So I got my Age of Apocalypse omnibus. This is my first Marvel omnibus and I have to say i'm actually a bit disappointed. Now I know its hard to compare these to DC Absolute editions. Even though they are in the same price range I know they cover more issues a have higher page counts. So it may not have the extras, nor the larger size format. The pages are really, really thin though. It actually scares me reading such a large book because I have trouble holding things now and i'm scared this is going to slip out of my hands and tear the pages really easy.

Btw the finished issue has been on his deviantart for free for a month as Sejic said it wasn't fair to keep fans waiting because the delays were all his fault.

This is why he is poor. He is too nice of a person. He needs to make that Sunstone statue he designed and charge $300 for it. I will buy 12.

TheFlow

Banned
So I got my Age of Apocalypse omnibus. This is my first Marvel omnibus and I have to say i'm actually a bit disappointed. Now I know its hard to compare these to DC Absolute editions. Even though they are in the same price range I know they cover more issues a have higher page counts. So it may not have the extras, nor the larger size format. The pages are really, really thin though. It actually scares me reading such a large book because I have trouble holding things now and i'm scared this is going to slip out of my hands and tear the pages really easy.
Marvel omnibus are a tier below absolutes they are just overpriced when they are really along the lines of deluxe editions.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Its story is also too similar to the story being told better on Dr. Strange

I'm still pulling it though. I dig the characterization of SW and Agatha

Agreed, the stakes in Dr. Strange are so much higher than they are in Scarlet Witch. I do like the idea of her wandering the world, dealing with magic threats from different cultures, but the varying quality of the art is making me lean toward maybe dropping it.

Marvel omnibus are a tier below absolutes they are just overpriced when they are really along the lines of deluxe editions.

I wouldn't say that. An omnibus is more about the portion of content the book has than the quality of the paper or anything. Marvel has been getting silly with the prices these days, I mean $100 for the Elektra omnibus that isn't much thicker than a Ms. Marvel hardcover? LOLOLOLOLOLOL Though in terms of deluxe editions, DC has been doing very nice ones lately.

jackdoe

I wouldn't say that. An omnibus is more about the portion of content the book has than the quality of the paper or anything. Marvel has been getting silly with the prices these days, I mean $100 for the Elektra omnibus that isn't much thicker than a Ms. Marvel hardcover? LOLOLOLOLOLOL Though in terms of deluxe editions, DC has been doing very nice ones lately.
One thing I always keep in mind is that Marvel doesn't keep a lot of their Omnibus in print. So anytime I see one pop up that I'm interested in, I buy it right away even if it's ridiculously overpriced.

One thing I always keep in mind is that Marvel doesn't keep a lot of their Omnibus in print. So anytime I see one pop up that I'm interested in, I buy it right away even if it's ridiculously overpriced.

And thus you fall victim to their evil schemes.

BEEEEENDIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!!

The Killing Joke animated movie is rated R ya'll! I'm honestly surprised by that, thought they might try and smooth over some of the things in that book.

Ponn

Banned

Yea this will probably be my last omnibus purchase. I'm already not a fan of reading thick fat books and if the quality isn't going to be there for the price i would rather the stories i'm going after be split up into nice deluxe editions or something.

Top Bottom