• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

I like Spider-Man 2099

Yeah it's top three Spidey for me. Which surprises me, I didn't like the pre-SW run all that much and completely dropped SW 2099 after two issues. But the new run has moved at a solid clip with a great plot, cool villains and a respectable supporting cast.

(The new suit is cool too eff ewe haters)

Messi

Yeah it's top three Spidey for me. Which surprises me, I didn't like the pre-SW run all that much and completely dropped SW 2099 after two issues. But the new run has moved at a solid clip with a great plot, cool villains and a respectable supporting cast.

(The new suit is cool too eff ewe haters)

I like the new inhuman girl. I didn't expect that angle

Wonder Woman Earth One is book of the year.

Favorite WW book I've read, one of my favorite stories I've read in awhile. The art is amazing. It's the shit.

Told my wife she should read it and she did it in one sitting and gave it back to me and said she wanted more like it. I said wait for Rucka to save us.

tumblr_noipb9HdDM1qzk2upo2_250.gif

tumblr_noipb9HdDM1qzk2upo1_250.gif

Fix is great, you should check it out Freeza. Also friendly reminder that anyone enjoying it should try out Superior Foes if they didn't already. I've pimped it a lot for a reason!

Just read Vision #5 and #6. This book is so damn good. It's continued this weird, unsettling feeling since the beginning and the plot has really gone in directions I wasn't predicting. The cliffhanger on 6 was great stuff. One of the most unique titles I've read from Marvel and without a doubt one of their best ongoings. King's gonna kill it on Batman.

Starfire #11 was good as well. Sad it's ending next issue but this was such a nice little series just like Power Girl was.

Watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for the first time. Enjoyed it a fuck ton. Now I understand why people were so upset about Edgar Wright not directing Ant-Man.
How are the comics? They get a lot of praise, and I'm definitely going to check them out, but I'm just curious to see what Comic-GAF thinks.
I looked it up, he's got about two/three books going at Oni. That's not half bad.
So he's basically running Oni?
Favorite WW book I've read, one of my favorite stories I've read in awhile. The art is amazing. It's the shit.

Told my wife she should read it and she did it in one sitting and gave it back to me and said she wanted more like it. I said wait for Rucka to save us.
Statement for the ages. Reminds me: Everyone read Rucka's Cyclops, right?
RIGHT?!
I will shill that book until the end of days.

Street Sharks was awesome

It was no Mummies Alive!
tumblr_nee81wpjIv1qcf2rso1_400.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Watched Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for the first time. Enjoyed it a fuck ton. Now I understand why people were so upset about Edgar Wright not directing Ant-Man.
How are the comics? They get a lot of praise, and I'm definitely going to check them out, but I'm just curious to see what Comic-GAF thinks.

Didn't care for the movie. Haven't read the books.

prob my favorite series ever

They're good enough that your opinion of the movie will probably drop by the time you finish reading them. It's a fun flick but it doesn't do the GNs justice.

They recently finished reprinting them in full color...get those, it adds a lot in this case.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Huh... So I just had Dark Sould 3 randomly download to my Xbox. I already bought it on PS4. No purchase is showing up on any of my bank accounts or on my Microsoft account. Not entirely sure how that happened. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I'm very confused.

Zombine

Banned

Haha man I said "Ok, I'm just going to read until the first natural break." Which was the
3000 years later
spread about 5 pages in. I sat it down, walked away, and picked it back up again. I couldn't stop. And you're right about Rucka, I had the same thought running through my head.

Picked up Transmetropolitan vol 2 as well, 3-ish more to go.

Damn, New Gods #7 was brilliant. We get the history of the whole conflict, Darkseid's machinations to get to the throne, Izaya's path to becoming the Highfather and that revelation of the exchange at the end!

All this in 24 pages.

Picked up Transmetropolitan vol 2 as well, 3-ish more to go.

Is there a new printing of tpbs? I thought there were 10 volumes?

Pollux

So with this all new all different marvel can I pick up the #1 issues from last August to the present for Thor iron man captain America and Doctor strange and be able to follow along?

Same for the all new xmen (2015), I'm planning to catch up on the 2012 run but not right now.

These will be the first marvel comics I've read.

Zombine

Banned
So with this all new all different marvel can I pick up the #1 issues from last August to the present for Thor iron man captain America and Doctor strange and be able to follow along?

Same for the all new xmen (2015), I'm planning to catch up on the 2012 run but not right now.

I would think so. With comics there is always some sort of backstory that you may be missing when you jump in, but like Wrestling or TV Soap Opera's it won't take you long to catch up on what's happening. Comics have a very long winded way of telling a simple story, and if you are confused about anything at all a simple google search will fill you in.

Short answer is yes. Ling answer is that some carry over stories from the previous series, notably Thor. However, they are great places to jump on. You won't lose much by doing so.

American Vampire: Anthology #2

There's likely a sneak peak of the next arc

Now the folks at Vertigo are proud to announce the latest American Vampire anthology, which will feature stories ranging from the American dustbowl and the South, to pre-Revolution Russia, and to the earliest days of American vampirism.

Included in this anthology are writers Steve Orlando (Midnighter) Marguerite Bennett (DC Bombshells) Joelle Jones (Ladykiller) Elliott Kalan (The Daily Show with John Stewart, Spider-Man and the X-Men) Clay McLeod Chapman (Storage Space, Edge of Spider-verse) Kieron Gillen (Wicked + Divine) and, last but certainly not least, series creators Scott Snyder and Rafael Albuquerque.

Artists on this latest anthology are Artyom Trakhanov (Undertow) Stephanie Hans (Angela) Andrea Mutti (Rebels) Rafael Albuquerque, Joelle Jones (Ladykiller). More writers and artists yet to be announced will be joining this anthology as well.

Top Bottom