• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
No restrictions, just post whatever you really like. I posted a graphic novel for one of my choices (You Are Here).

Ok then, here's my top 10. Only listing finished series.

Watchmen (Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons)
Batman: Year One (Frank Miller/David Mazzucchelli)
All Star Superman (Grant Morrison/Frank Quitely)
Preacher (Garth Ennis/Steve Dillon)
Y: The Last Man (Brian K. Vaughan/Pia Guerra)
Jimmy Corrigan, the Smartest Kid on Earth (Chris Ware)
Fantastic Four (Jonathan Hickman/var.)
We3 (Grant Morrison/Frank Quitely)
Astonishing X-Men (Joss Whedon/John Cassaday)
Bone (Jeff Smith)

Owzers

i hope you all get your comics reading and talking out of the way today because tomorrow...tomorrow the champ becomes champ again.

For some reason this has made me want to buy this.
You should. Maleev and Bendis together again. It's a beautiful thing.
Thanks. Will wait for the series relaunch then.
I don't think Kyle Higgins is a bad writer, though. I think he's decent, but he didn't know how to write Dick. As I said, though, Barrows' art is fantastic. I would read the Night of Owls tie-in. It's two issues of Dick fighting a Talon, but it's easily the best part of that book by far

Bii

Saga is too good. My plan was to wait until the next hardcover comes out to continue reading, but I don't know if I can wait that long.

Man, I've been thinking about trade waiting a ton of shit I've been reading, save for the half dozen or so series that I absolutely have to follow month-to-month. I could save a lot of money this way.

ElNarez

Banned
Hayley vs Asuka told a good story, but Nak vs Zayn had me hype as fuck.

I can dig that. Different strokes and everything. Like, it's not even that that match wasn't dope as fuck (because, holy shit, it was and then some), but, like, when the stars align? When there's stakes? That's just capital-M Magic.

I can dig that. Different strokes and everything. Like, it's not even that that match wasn't dope as fuck (because, holy shit, it was and then some), but, like, when the stars align? When there's stakes? That's just capital-M Magic.
I feel you. Both were great. About to start Finn vs Joe now.

Nxt always that good? No interest in the main product , bit i'd play $10 a month for nxt and the back catalog.

The Takeovers are always great. NXT the show is generally solid with the occasional down periods. Lotta jobber matches but there's usually good stuff and good booking

Slayven

I am hitting up the comic book store today the first time in years. If I do not return, know I made a home among the quarter bins and old issues of New Type

ElNarez

Banned
Comics-GAF pulled off its mask to unveil its secret identity, Wrassle-GAF.

Y'know what? Watching BvS as a wrestling event completely works! I may repeat myself, but like, when you look at it as Comix Wrestlemania, even that super clunky Wonder Woman laptop sequence fits, because it's just a midcard promo before the main event, in the grand scheme of things.

AND WE'RE BACK TO COMIX NOW, WE BROUGHT IT BACK

VanWinkle

Going to start New 52 Detective Comics today. Haven't heard much about it so it's probably not great, but I feel like I should read it anyway.

Mitch

Banned
Man, I've been thinking about trade waiting a ton of shit I've been reading, save for the half dozen or so series that I absolutely have to follow month-to-month. I could save a lot of money this way.
That's what I'm telling myself. My monthly pull list is pretty small. It'll grow once DC Rebirth is out, but my major purchases will be hardcovers and TPBs.

I am hitting up the comic book store today the first time in years. If I do not return, know I made a home among the quarter bins and old issues of New Type
Be safe out there!

I remember getting New Type back in the day.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Going to start New 52 Detective Comics today. Haven't heard much about it so it's probably not great, but I feel like I should read it anyway.
I am always thinking about start reading Detectice Comics and every time I read whats going on I am like "naaaa, better not"

Mitch

Banned
I read the first 12 issues. Thought it was alright, but N52 Batman is loads better.

Y'know what? Watching BvS as a wrestling event completely works! I may repeat myself, but like, when you look at it as Comix Wrestlemania, even that super clunky Wonder Woman laptop sequence fits, because it's just a midcard promo before the main event, in the grand scheme of things.

AND WE'RE BACK TO COMIX NOW, WE BROUGHT IT BACK

Wrestling was the only good live action comics for a while there I can buy it.

Doctor Strange confirmed to have more jumping than Batman v Superman.

benedict-cumberbatch-films-doctor-strange-in-nyc-first-pics-42.jpg

Mifune

Mehmber
I jumped back into reading some comics after a little while away (I think Morrison's Batman run broke me - in a good way) via Marvel Unlimited.

Secret Warriors by Hickman is fantastic. I always enjoyed his Image stuff, but this series might even be better. The writing is so smart, so clean - I'm in awe. If this is what I have to look forward to with his other Marvel stuff (Fantastic Four is on deck) then this is going to be a fun Spring.

Ms. Marvel is wonderful, too. The vibe and art remind me of BKV's Runaways, which I adored back in the day.

Trying out some of the new Star Wars books as well. Liking the propulsive SW feel of Aaron's book, the imaginative world building of Waid's.

Might read the new Black Panther and some other DCs on Comixology, too.

Messi

do you read them while drawing people riding sandwiches? I hear it's the only way.

I collect pictures of people sitting on their sandwich of choice. Much like those pictures of birds people in fancy paper gaf buy.

I jumped back into reading some comics after a little while away (I think Morrison's Batman run broke me - in a good way) via Marvel Unlimited.

Secret Warriors by Hickman is fantastic. I always enjoyed his Image stuff, but this series might even be better. The writing is so smart, so clean - I'm in awe. If this is what I have to look forward to with his other Marvel stuff (Fantastic Four is on deck) then this is going to be a fun Spring.

Ms. Marvel is wonderful, too. The vibe and art remind me of BKV's Runaways, which I adored back in the day.

Trying out some of the new Star Wars books as well. Liking the propulsive SW feel of Aaron's book, the imaginative world building of Waid's.

Might read the new Black Panther and some other DCs on Comixology, too.

Ms Marvel art is by Adrian Alphona who also did the Runaways art.

ElNarez

Banned
You know how RDJ, Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth fucking ARE Iron Man, Cap and Thor? Like, no contest, no one else could play them?

Benimaru Culdcept is not that. It's maybe the worst casting for an MCU character since that rat-faced asshole Jeremy Renner as Hawkguy.

Mitch

Banned
Never read any Doctor Strange so I can't really tell. I do believe he's a fantastic actor though. Plus he looks pretty spot on from what I've seen.

Top Bottom