• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Man, I've been thinking about trade waiting a ton of shit I've been reading, save for the half dozen or so series that I absolutely have to follow month-to-month. I could save a lot of money this way.
I keep thinking about doing this for my books but then I think about Squirrel Girl. I can't let her down.

I do want to cut my list more but I'm getting to the point where I'm running out of stuff that I'd want to drop. It's terrible.

Owzers

I don't want to drop below ten books monthly, ideally i'd be at 15, it's the good price point where paying for dcbs to ship once a month is really worth it.

Right now before DC's relaunch, i'm hovering at just about 10, so adding a couple titles has always been an option and might even trick me into getting Batman or Supergirl along with Wonder Woman.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I just noticed that DC is going to release two more Batman trades this years which mean 3 Volumes in one year.

Are we sure that Dio is ok and not replaced by someone who is capable of doimg things right?

ElNarez

Banned
Nah, the thing with "finding new names for Bergamot Campari" is that it's just a cool game that's fun for the whole family.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I have decided that Drifter will be the next book I try after I finish AoA and my massive backlog of like 10 books.

All-New X-Men #6
Holy shit, things happened! Warren did some shit! I'm also pretty into the idea of bringing old ass X-Men villains and making them actually threatening. Beast's epiphany during the fight was a load of truth.

Uncanny X-Men #5
While I'm enjoying Bunn's writing, his dialogue is a bit clunky. Still, I enjoy the plot. Land, though, for fuck's suck man make your art fun to read. This action has zero flow, poor chemistry. Thank god for the colorist on this book. Unless it's Land, in which case, at least he's good with colors.

Silk #6
I like that we're getting some more character out of Cindy. Some actual development. Not to say there hasn't been, but it's always nice to get more. I just...fucking Black Cat...what is she? Like, just...she's not entertaining, that's for damn sure.

Uncanny Inhumans #6
I miss McNiven's art. That said...this issue was dope as fuck. Keep it coming boys, we in there. Ain't no one fuck with Black Bolt or Iso or Frank or Medusa or Reader...I also feel bad for Ahura, which is good, because that's exactly how I'm supposed to feel.

All-New Inhumans #5
Marvel is really pushing Peter into everything, aren't they? Still, this is getting interesting. Fucking Naja wrecking shit. Based on the cover for the next one, we're gonna see Crystal wreck shit, too.
I am hitting up the comic book store today the first time in years. If I do not return, know I made a home among the quarter bins and old issues of New Type
Dsd7Ffe.gif

Y'know what? Watching BvS as a wrestling event completely works! I may repeat myself, but like, when you look at it as Comix Wrestlemania, even that super clunky Wonder Woman laptop sequence fits, because it's just a midcard promo before the main event, in the grand scheme of things.

AND WE'RE BACK TO COMIX NOW, WE BROUGHT IT BACK
Watch all superhero movies and read all superhero comics like that. Fun as fuck.
Doctor Jump: Starring Benedunk Cumberbounce

chris-traeger-dead.gif

Bii

I keep thinking about doing this for my books but then I think about Squirrel Girl. I can't let her down.

I do want to cut my list more but I'm getting to the point where I'm running out of stuff that I'd want to drop. It's terrible.

I also want to support my LCS; there's a few that I can definitely drop as I don't have to absolutely read it right away. I have spent $15 on Paper Girls #1-5 and it's only $4.99 on IST for the trade. Also spent $20 on Justice League #40-44 and the hardcover collecting those issues is only $14. Could have saved $16.

SDCC hotel registration is going up this Tuesday. They're setting it up similar to how badges have been sold (enter waiting room and buyers will be let "in" in batches). I'm better with whoever submits the form the quickest so I'm hoping I can get something downtown. I've been doing OT here and there at work and will have a nice chunk of expendable monies come July.

Mitch

Banned
Which comic from any company would you guys write?
Batman, only because I'm familiar with it more than any other comic.

This could go for any ongoing series, but I believe Batman has an almost endless amount of possibilities.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I would write the best Spider-Man book ever.

A hot Green Goblin arc.

Alternativ Batman. Something where he is cut from all his money- resources.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Does he run around fighting crime in cardboard box armor?
Nah, I will let him his Armor. Most of the sweet gadgets are gone, no Batmobil, only the Batarangs, which are awfully underused this days anyway and a handfull smokebombs, which will run out over the course of the arc.

Nah, I will let him his Armor. Most of the sweet gadgets are gone, no Batmobil, only the Batarangs, which are awfully underused this days anyway and a handfull smokebombs, which will run out over the course of the arc.

It'll be embarrassing having to run around collecting batarangs after every fight.

Mitch

Banned
I would write the best Spider-Man book ever.

A hot Green Goblin arc.

Alternativ Batman. Something where he is cut from all his money- resources.
That's not a bad idea. The character would definitely grow over time, since he would need to learn how to be Batman without all of his resources.

Black Panther (Priest) #9 - #17: Man, this is so good. I can't believe how quickly I am going through it. Finished the first complete collection today and still processing everything that happened. I was rather tired of the non-linear style of storytelling after the overuse in Hawkeye but it so perfectly fits Ross' character and how it is used in this run.

Usagi Yojimbo is godlike comics

It is! I just found the art book for under cover last week, so am super stoked about that.

It is. I read the first Dark Horse omnibus, but I have to read the next four. I own them all, though. Just trying to work on other stuff from my backlog first. I think Forever Evil is up next.

I am at the same place. I am actually afraid to read the next four because I'll catch-up with what is available.

tim1138

Which comic from any company would you guys write?

Tales of the Lantern Corps, each arc would tell a story from one of the different Lantern Corps as they recruited new members and did their thing.

There would be a comedy back up story in each issue about the Beige Lanterns, who are "powered" by indifference. Their oath to recharge their rings would be "Eh, whatever" and when a new recruit was chosen, the ring would eventually find it's way to a person and say "So and so of wherever, welcome to the Beige Lantern Corps! Or not, I mean it's really up to you isn't it? Just let me know I guess, whatever." The logo on their uniforms would be a stylized shrug: -_0_-

I am at the same place. I am actually afraid to read the next four because I'll catch-up with what is available.

I don't think Usagi is caught up yet. Volume 6 of the Usagi omnibus editions comes out at the end of this month, and that ends at issue 116. I think the single issues are up to 153.

Mitch

Banned
Should I take Alfed from him away too and the rest of the Batfamily?
Completely alone. No outside help. An impossible situation would make a pretty intense story.

Saga #1-18

The design of every type of race is hands down my favorite part of this series. I found myself laughing out loud or saying, "Damn that's cool..." when flipping to a new page. Can't think of a single character that fell flat. They all offered something that allowed the plot to move forward, even if they were killed off in the next panel.

Izabel, the teenage ghost with half a body has to be my favorite character.

The
rocket ship they fly around in
seems pretty original to me. I hope it remains a constant part of the series.

Now I wait for book 2!

I don't think Usagi is caught up yet. Volume 6 of the Usagi omnibus editions comes out at the end of this month, and that ends at issue 116. I think the single issues are up to 153.

Hmm, didn't realise that was so soon. Will read the second volume after the One Million Omnibus then.

I also want to support my LCS; there's a few that I can definitely drop as I don't have to absolutely read it right away. I have spent $15 on Paper Girls #1-5 and it's only $4.99 on IST for the trade. Also spent $20 on Justice League #40-44 and the hardcover collecting those issues is only $14. Could have saved $16.

SDCC hotel registration is going up this Tuesday. They're setting it up similar to how badges have been sold (enter waiting room and buyers will be let "in" in batches). I'm better with whoever submits the form the quickest so I'm hoping I can get something downtown. I've been doing OT here and there at work and will have a nice chunk of expendable monies come July.
I'm iffy on this, I don't care where the hotel is at, just that it's affordable and fairly nice. Last year I booked mine in June and still had a good one

Top Bottom