• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

I confirm the Illuminati stuff in New Avengers is where it's at. The other series was merely okay.

Until you distinguished the two I was having trouble remembering what was the difference. That's having read it not too long ago. Illuminati stuff was definitely the better of that series.

frye

the new Marvel solicits has some cool things... Ms. Marvel and Deadly Hands of Kung Fu omniboo, The Crew being collected in the Priest Black Panther trades, Kirby/Ditko Machine Man

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Here are the Nominees for the Eisners

Best Continuing Series

Bandette, by Paul Tobin and Colleen Coover (Monkeybrain)
Giant Days, by John Allison, Lissa Treiman, and Max Sarin (BOOM! Box)
Invincible, by Robert Kirkman, Ryan Ottley, and Cliff Rathburn (Image/Skybound)
Silver Surfer, by Dan Slott and Michael Allred (Marvel)
Southern Bastards, by Jason Aaron and Jason Latour (Image)

Best New Series

Bitch Planet, by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Valentine De Landro (Image)
Harrow County, by Cullen Bunn and Tyler Crook (Dark Horse)
Kaijumax, by Zander Cannon (Oni)
Monstress, by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda (Image)
Paper Girls, by Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang (Image)
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, by Ryan North and Erica Henderson (Marvel)

Best Writer

Jason Aaron, Southern Bastards (Image), Men of Wrath (Marvel Icon), Doctor Strange, Star Wars, Thor (Marvel)
John Allison, Giant Days (BOOM Studios!)
Ed Brubaker, The Fade Out, Velvet, Criminal Special Edition (Image)
Marjorie Liu, Monstress (Image)
G. Willow Wilson, Ms. Marvel (Marvel)

Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team

Michael Allred, Silver Surfer (Marvel); Art Ops (Vertigo/DC)
Cliff Chiang, Paper Girls (Image)
Erica Henderson, Jughead (Archie), Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (Marvel)
Joëlle Jones, Lady Killer (Dark Horse), Brides of Helheim (Oni)
Nate Powell, March, Book Two (Top Shelf/IDW)

There's not enough Tom King, in my opinion, but I'm happy for Silver Surfer.

Mifune

Mehmber
Do people like Slott? Coulda sworn I saw someone here calling him the biggest idiot not long ago, and there was some agreement.

I remember when he was the next big thing at Marvel.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Do people like Slott? Coulda sworn I saw someone here calling him the biggest idiot not long ago, and there was some agreement.

He seems like a nice guy and one who really loves writing Spidey, still I am so in for someone replacing him on Spider-Man.

Messi

He is doing good work on Spider-Man right now and you can tell he cares very much for him. His Silver Surfer book is absolutely incredible.

Mifune

Mehmber
He seems like a nice guy and one who really loves writing Spidey, still I am so in for someone replacing him on Spider-Man.

He is doing good work on Spider-Man right now and you can tell he cares very much for him. His Silver Surfer book is absolutely incredible.

Good to hear. I generally take the bashing with a grain of salt.

What is a good series to start with him? Silver Surfer? I'm interested in these new Marvel books but I'm also working my way through Hickman's run and don't want to spoil anything for myself.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Where is a good series to start with him?
Big Time on Amazing Spider-Man up to and including Superior Spider-Man.

One thing that I love on Slott is that this guy really can build big plots over years and years of issues.

Messi

What is a good series to start with him? Silver Surfer? I'm interested in these new Marvel books but I'm also working my way through Hickman's run and don't want to spoil anything for myself.

Silver Surfer

If you wan't Spider-Man the ANAD reboot has be great so far. I would also reccomend Superior Spider-Man where he has Otto as Spider-Man. Great stuff.

yeah i'm definitely not buying CW2 at 5 bucks a pop

Weird that the True Believers $1 issues for July are all, like, the 6th issues of ongoing series instead of the 1st.
the new Marvel solicits has some cool things... Ms. Marvel and Deadly Hands of Kung Fu omniboo, The Crew being collected in the Priest Black Panther trades, Kirby/Ditko Machine Man

i'm interested

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Amazing Spiderman and Invincible Ironman #2s added to MU today (they werent yesterday when the weekly update hit)

Mindwipe

Wow, strong week for CMX sales. A bunch of good Dark Horse trades including Buffy Season 8 & 9, Earth 2 and now an Image Eisner one.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Was Invincible really that good last year? Of all the Image titles I thought could get a nomination it was not one of them. Then again I don't read it so that have something to do with it. But I also don't remember anyone here or anywhere else talking about it nor was it ever mentioned in any of the podcasts I listen to.

Where will I turn to for my pro-DC news now? I need to read more about how Hickman sucks until he's writing a book for DC, then he's amazing. Damn it, GAF!

Come back soon, Mr. Poodle.

Owzers

Was Invincible really that good last year? Of all the Image titles I thought could get a nomination it was not one of them. Then again I don't read it so that have something to do with it. But I also don't remember anyone here or anywhere else talking about it nor was it ever mentioned in any of the podcasts I listen to.

It's a solid 3 seed.

Where will I turn to for my pro-DC news now? I need to read more about how Hickman sucks until he's writing a book for DC, then he's amazing. Damn it, GAF!

Come back soon, Mr. Poodle.

Geez.

X3lvD1.gif

TheFlow

Banned
Hands down the greatest Image sale we will get for a while. haven't seen once this big since christmas.

worst part is I can't afford to spurge till next week :<

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yu Gi Oh is now on Netflix and I watch thr complete first season.
Its so stupid, there was one guy who wanted to burn someone to death because he lost at a card game and everyone is so dramatic.

Its almost as intense as these superhero cinematic reddits.

To bad the superior season two who investigates all these fake eagypt stuff isnt online :(

Its so stupid, there was one guy who wanted to burn someone to death because he lost at a card game and everyone is so dramatic.

To bad the superior season two who investigates all these fake eagypt stuff isnt online :(

It's on the UK/Ireland Netflix, but not all of it, only up to Marik vs. Bakura. Still a load to go, especially with the Duelmaster filler arc in the middle.

Er, just watch the Abridged series.

Owzers

So i read Plutona #1 that i purchased last sale off of Messi's warning towards future issues, it did seem rather existy and not something that i disliked or wanted to read more of. Lemire assembled a cast of characters that aren't too likable and then threw in
a dead body at the end.

Trump 2016.

I don't like my dark souls 3 character, mage spells are really boring, i could go pyro and just throw fireballs at people because who doesn't like fireballs, or restat and make a weaker melee person despite being awful at melee combat. Roll roll get stabbed in the back by a shield knight.

Sandfox

The anime made weird changes like that.
Really hope CWII smartens up Marvel's line. 2/3rds of it right now is drek.
If you don't like the books now I doubt post-CW2 will be the point where that changes.

Top Bottom