• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Hands down the greatest Image sale we will get for a while. haven't seen once this big since christmas.

worst part is I can't afford to spurge till next week :<

Great sale. Too bad I've already picked it clean of books that interest me.

I'm just glad Birthright and No Mercy are not included since I just bought 14 more issues of the two series last night. I hate it when they do that to me.

Owzers

Digital Sales vs image trade paperbacks. I think that Tokyo Ghost minor damage is making me rethink if i want to accumulate all these trades. On the other hand, I still feel digital comic reading is awkward and not real comics.

Digital Sales vs image trade paperbacks. I think that Tokyo Ghost minor damage is making me rethink if i want to accumulate all these trades. On the other hand, I still feel digital comic reading is awkward and not real comics.

EC7ehzz.jpg

Mindwipe

Yeah, but it turns out I like not having spine damage from carrying around twenty kilos of books.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Yeah but you think real comics are a mistake remember?

If you don't like the books now I doubt post-CW2 will be the point where that changes.

How's that?

All the tentpole/team books feel aimless and pointless while the solos clean their clock.

This seems like the perfect impetus for them to focus up and tuck their fuckin shirts in.

shingi70

Banned
How's that?

All the tentpole/team books feel aimless and pointless while the solos clean their clock.

This seems like the perfect impetus for them to focus up and tuck their fuckin shirts in.

Isn;''t the main problem that with the expection of New Avengers these Team books are made up of people who already have their own books. I thought that's what made Avengers and the JLI incarnation of the Justice League so popular, that by using characters without solo's you have far more storytelling potential.

Looking at those DC Solicits and

-Superdad is wearing a cloth costume, and the artist seem to be doing a crap job of making look like he's in his early fifties.

-Going to the doomsday well, I see.

-Weird that Dick and Jason are both operating out of Gotham, How big the city supposed to be.

-

This is very true. I am struggling to think of a single good Marvel team book right now, unless you count Power Man and Iron Fist. Guardians maybe? All the Avengers and X-Men stuff is bad. And RIP to the Fantastic Four.

Sandfox

How's that?

If you think 2/3 of their books are bad I don't think you're going to see some big change this summer.
This is very true. I am struggling to think of a single good Marvel team book right now, unless you count Power Man and Iron Fist. Guardians maybe? All the Avengers and X-Men stuff is bad. And RIP to the Fantastic Four.

I don't get how you can call Guardians good and say the other team books are bad lol.

Messi

If you think 2/3 of their books are bad I don't think you're going to see some big change this summer.

I don't get how you can call Guardians good and say the other team books are bad lol.

Guardians isn't bad, it's unremarkable but it's still readable.

Edit: Jorge Molina is a beast. He killed it on A-Force. Is he the new Star Wars artist??

ANAD Avengers is good. It started off slow but it's fun now. With the exception of the last issue which was a tie in to that Pleasant Hill cross over.

Was Invincible really that good last year? Of all the Image titles I thought could get a nomination it was not one of them. Then again I don't read it so that have something to do with it. But I also don't remember anyone here or anywhere else talking about it nor was it ever mentioned in any of the podcasts I listen to.

It doesn't seem to come out as often as it used to (Kirkman needs to get dat Walking Dead bankroll in his pocket first), but it's been very good recently. I mean, there's a lot of story built up over the years that lead up to it, but it's been getting more and more fun. Ottley really shines when he gets to draw all kinds of weird alien species.

I thought the first couple of issues were fun. I haven't seen anything since, but I basically gave everything a 2-3 issue go before deciding to wait the 6 months for it to pop up on Marvel Unlimited.

ANAD Avengers is good. It started off slow but it's fun now. With the exception of the last issue which was a tie in to that Pleasant Hill cross over.

Yeah, the first two issues went nowhere, and that's where I dumped it. Glad to hear they started taking the story somewhere. I'll look forward to catching up with it soon.

X-Men '92 has started off well, and The New Avengers is a blast and so is Illuminati. I love it. The Inhuman books are dope, too. ANAD Avengers is solid, but it's not the best. Sad that the X-books aren't very good. Oh well. Gives me a reason to continuously read old X-Men.

Agents of SHIELD has just been bad.

Sandfox

IMO Marvel has decent team books, but people obviously want something that stands out like Hickman's Avenger books and we don't have that right now.

I hope Bandette wins best series!!

Amazing image sale. I get to catch up on a lot of series. I'm really enjoying my decision to only buy comics on CMX sales. But it makes when I get to read certain series really chaotic. And DC is falling behind after some fairly ho-hum months of sales.

But there's always the line wide publisher sales that show up later in the year!

http://i.imgur.com/eFvRKcP.gif[/im g][/QUOTE]
When will you stop with this nonsense. It's not funny. It's not engaging. It does nothing for a discussion forum. It's way past old. I've tried to just ignore this hoping you'd finally give up but it seems that isn't happening. Please knock it off with these stupid pictures and vague 2 word posts

When will you stop with this nonsense. It's not funny. It's not engaging. It does nothing for a discussion forum. It's way past old. I've tried to just ignore this hoping you'd finally give up but it seems that isn't happening. Please knock it off with these stupid pictures and vague 2 word posts

I wish they were stupid and not Twin Peaks series finale level horrifying.

Save us Duckroll.

Messi

How is They're Not Like Us?

I read the first volume and thought it was OK. Waiting for Vol 2 to come out but there was a long delay between volumes. It has this creepy cult vibe but I'm not quite sure what the point of the book is yet. One character wears a golden state Warriors t-shirt.

I only liked one character and the rest of the characters are complete assholes that made my blood boil at times with how entitled they are.

Unique art.

Mifune

Mehmber
Oh man, this Image sale. I wish Saga was on sale but those are usually under ten bucks anyway. I could finish my Criminal collection but as much as I love Brubaker/Phillips that series hasn't really stuck with me.

How's Descender? I'm not sure I've read anything by Lemire.

If you get really desperate, here's a very scrappy tampermonkey script to hide gifs in the thread.

http://pastebin.com/JwXAwB9B

Top Bottom