• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Owzers

Darth Vader #3 was okay, a bit of a slow recruitment issue. These books remind me of Buffy seasons except Buffy could go places, i've always been iffy on prequels and especially in the these two star wars books, trying to find stories in between other stories.

Messi

I continue not knowing how to feel about reading Bitch Planet. I read the first issue of the new arc called President Bitch. I think I enjoyed reading it, maybe enjoyed is the wrong word. I was engaged by it. But there is something about this book that makes me feel like it's not for me. I don't know what I am feeling about it to be honest. I guess maybe a lot of the effect of the book is lost on me being a white male who isn't openly different . I get the anger it is tapping into but I feel more like a spectator.

Try not to hate me. I maybe shouldn't talk about this book.

Thanks Messi for the impressions.

I started read Seven Soilders of Victory tonight and I can tell it's not a lite read. Very interesting so far. Just finished Shellys arc.

Pollux

So just to clarify, this new marvel after Secret Wars unified everything. But is the Tony Stark the same tony stark or a new one made by frankin Richards?

PsychBat!

Banned
When will you stop with this nonsense. It's not funny. It's not engaging. It does nothing for a discussion forum. It's way past old. I've tried to just ignore this hoping you'd finally give up but it seems that isn't happening. Please knock it off with these stupid pictures and vague 2 word posts

I wish they were stupid and not Twin Peaks series finale level horrifying.

Save us Duckroll.

If you get really desperate, here's a very scrappy tampermonkey script to hide gifs in the thread.

http://pastebin.com/JwXAwB9B

Hey easy now. Lets not go crazy. Can you add an exception for Olivia??

tumblr_n30k7eDQbg1rlen6xo3_250.gif

Only if anime and pony gifs are also included as exceptions.

So what do I do now? Go back to the old ways and rant all the time getting angry in the process?

And gketter, where have you been? I've been looking throughout the thread and the last 10+ pages have been nothing but discussion. Kinda makes me suspicious that you choose now of all times to get that out of your system. Were you holding that in?

So what do I do now? Go back to the old ways and rant all the time getting angry in the process?

And gketter, where have you been? I've been looking throughout the thread and the last 10+ pages have been nothing but discussion. Kinda makes me suspicious that you choose now of all times to get that out of your system. Were you holding that in?
Oh I'm always around. I read every page of this thread. If I don't post in a while it's either because I'm at work and don't post, or since I don't read many current comics I don't jump into things. I post when I want and have something to say. But that's not the point. I'm tired of seeing your random disturbing pictures as I go threw this thread. The frequency of my posting has nothing to do with that. That doesn't mean you have to post rants or whatever. It's not some either or.

PsychBat!

Banned
Oh I'm always around. I read every page of this thread. If I don't post in a while it's either because I'm at work and don't post, or since I don't read many current comics I don't jump into things. I post when I want and have something to say. But that's not the point. I'm tired of seeing your random disturbing pictures as I go threw this thread. The frequency of my posting has nothing to do with that. That doesn't mean you have to post rants or whatever. It's not some either or.
So you do go through this thread. Can you tell me how frequent I've been posting in the last 30 pages? And how many "disturbing" pictures I've posted in those last 30 pages? Also can you tell me why, besides your low tolerance of my posting of gifs, have you gone out of your way to tell me what to do?

Messi

Skottie Young leaving RR/Groot, focusing on I Hate Fairyland and a new Marvel project which maybe more Little Marvel

He has done a serviceable job on Rocket and Groot but this move is better for him. I hate fairyland is awesome and I'm excited to see what his new marvel book is.

It continues from the Secret Wars series.
It references the villain there and the team was completed there, it's different from the TV series.

I read the first issue of the ANAD series. Is there a reason who Cyclops isn't part of the team apart from being a shit head.

shingi70

Banned
Don't fight guys. It's comics which should be fun.

Speaking of there's a new comicbook store opening up in my area next month. I'm going to have to check it out fcbd.

Owzers

Don't fight guys. It's comics which should be fun.

Should they? Video games should be fun, but i play hearthstone and lose on turn 5 to aggro shamans. Wrestling should be fun but they brought Sami Zayn up just to have him lose all the time, even to Jericho. Why should comics be any different...

Baseball is fun. NBA playoffs are fun, unless you like the horrible Rockets. Running outdoors today after all the snow melted was fun. Getting my orders to California finally was fun.

Comics are a chore.

Source: the dude laboring through issue #53 of Daredevil.

PsychBat!

Banned
Should they? Video games should be fun, but i play hearthstone and lose on turn 5 to aggro shamans. Wrestling should be fun but they brought Sami Zayn up just to have him lose all the time, even to Jericho. Why should comics be any different...

You know, I'm a depressed wack job with a silly disposition and a random sense of humor, but I can never ever tell when you're serious 100% of the time. But I agree with your sentiment, serious or not.

Boogiepop

Oh yeah, comics. I finished Superior Foes. It's weird seeing those fillers existing in such an otherwise tight and compact run. I'm guessing they were a result of not being able to justify just delaying due to not the best sales or something? But yeah, they were... not the best. The first one at least tried even if it missed the mark, but the second one was baaaad. Or at least horribly missed the mark. It was kind of like if someone just read the title and was like "oh, we should show how scary the new Superior Spider-man is from the villains perspective! That's what this is about, right?" Just... odd. But the series was great, really enjoyed it.

Also, I have started the Neal Adams Batman omnibus. I knew it was at least a bit older, but I didn't realize the stuff was THAT vintage. Like, I thought we were talking mid-80s or something, not late 60s (based on nothing to be fair, as I went in knowing pretty much nothing at all). Read the first two World's Finest in there, and yup, that was some old comics. Not terribly unenjoyable, but I am hoping I get some stuff with a little more substance as I progress through this think.

So you do go through this thread. Can you tell me how frequent I've been posting in the last 30 pages? And how many "disturbing" pictures I've posted in those last 30 pages? Also can you tell me why, besides your low tolerance of my posting of gifs, have you gone out of your way to tell me what to do?
All I'm asking is to stop posting your random disturbing pictures. I don't want to see them when I go through this thread. How is this such a hard concept to grasp? I'm not going to break down metrics or anything about it. You know you do it. It's a Schtick that you've done for quite a while. Please stop doing it.

PsychBat!

Banned
All I'm asking is to stop posting your random disturbing pictures. I don't want to see them when I go through this thread. How is this such a hard concept to grasp? I'm not going to break down metrics or anything about it. You know you do it. It's a Schtick that you've done for quite a while. Please stop doing it.

I'm on the verge of stopping, but I want to know why? Why do you have such a low tolerance of ME posting gifs?

I'm on the verge of stopping, but I want to know why? Why do you have such a low tolerance of ME posting gifs?
1) they're freaky and disturbing and I don't enjoy seeing them
2) usually all you post is some random ass picture with no context that really just seems to be posted for attention and/or get a reaction from people

That's it. It's not anything personal. I'm not dying don't post here or anything like that. and because they're pictures It's not like some posts people do that if I don't care I scroll on by. No big deal. But there's no avoiding random guy humping monitor, or crazy baby thing, or your odd Shrek/Shadow collection. And I really have no interest in putting people on an ignore list. I've never done that in my 10 years on GAF. I find it counter productive

PsychBat!

Banned
I'll stop, but I don't believe you don't have anything personal against me with that initial post of yours. Not for a second.

Wanna know what I usually posted? Well, you're gonna get it from now on. Thank you for killing a harmless schtick that went on for a month.

Gonna save this

When will you stop with this nonsense. It's not funny. It's not engaging. It does nothing for a discussion forum. It's way past old. I've tried to just ignore this hoping you'd finally give up but it seems that isn't happening. Please knock it off with these stupid pictures and vague 2 word posts

You know, I'm a depressed wack job with a silly disposition and a random sense of humor, but I can never ever tell when you're serious 100% of the time. But I agree with your sentiment, serious or not.

I love all of your posts with actual words. I hate scrolling through the thread and being genuinely unsettled.

Owzers

creepy gifs creep me out, had to scroll fast through the horror movie gif time. Baby gif was kinda creepy. I don't mind gifs in general though and like fun-ish ones.

Top Bottom