• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

PsychBat!

Banned
tumblr_o4xnkayz2b1up1dk4o7_r1_250.gif

It's alright man, Nightcrawler is back and who the hell knows where Hope is now.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, so many good scores for Civil War.
Either there are still tons of bad ones away and locked out or it is really that good?
Cant believe it so far

GAMEPROFF

Banned
<what are you talking about man>

<comics completely immerse me in the dialect of other cultures>*

*Klingon language

They could at least try.
Using Google Translator is lazy and there are propably thousands of people out there who would help to translate the 5 words that the stinky Nazi General speaks to Captain America in the grammatic right way for free.
And whats the point in letting characters speak german when americans dont understand it anyway and it makes no sense for germans speaking persons either?

German is the second most spoken language in american superhero comics, so they should deliver quality.

Mindwipe

Oh man, this Image sale. I wish Saga was on sale but those are usually under ten bucks anyway. I could finish my Criminal collection but as much as I love Brubaker/Phillips that series hasn't really stuck with me.

How's Descender? I'm not sure I've read anything by Lemire.

I read issue one and liked it a lot. Enough to buy the trade on CMX. In fact enough to have accidentally bought the trade twice because it was in the Humble Bundle. Doh.

Thanks Messi for the impressions.

I started read Seven Soilders of Victory tonight and I can tell it's not a lite read. Very interesting so far. Just finished Shellys arc.

It's damn good. I reread it recently and it holds up. It's actually one of those books you wonder if they should have just declared still to be part of the N52 and done something with it.

Owzers

It's nice that people are talking about Nightcrawler in here, it's almost like he's a relevant character in the Marvel Universe. Is he even alive right now?

Calcium

Banned
Blink is nothing but a poor mans Nightcrawler!

There, all better.

It's nice that people are talking about Nightcrawler in here, it's almost like he's a relevant character in the Marvel Universe. Is he even alive right now?

Let's not pretend any of the X-Men are really relevant at this point. That being said Nightcrawler is my favorite X-Man and I'm afraid I'm going to have to challenge you to a duel. High noon, ten paces.

Owzers

There, all better.

Let's not pretend any of the X-Men are really relevant at this point. That being said Nightcrawler is my favorite X-Man and I'm afraid I'm going to have to challenge you to a duel. High noon, ten paces.

I can't be dueling people over X-men, maybe Inhumans.

Sadist

But Nightcrawler has the bestest bro moments with Logan. He's cool people. Him returning in Amazing X-Men was just a fun pirate story in the afterlife. I like it.

And when American comics (or series, movies whatever) use the German language it makes me giggle. They only use short sentences which sound pretty funny when you say it out loud.

Tizoc

I see y'all talkin' about Nightcrawler, so let me post some good comics in this trite excuse of a comic thread
BrgQWEm.jpg

ZU1nhPd.jpg

JiArXT4.jpg

fqwPpWB.jpg

Greg Rucka's Wolverine is my fav. run featuring the character, although I think Rucka intended for
Sabretooth
to be an annoying loudmouth, fella talks more than the entire main cast combined @_@

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I recall reading about 4-5 issues of East of West and dropping it. Not sure why.

Anyway, considering buying some volumes. Has it been good? What's the premise?

Calcium

Banned
I recall reading about 4-5 issues of East of West and dropping it. Not sure why.

Anyway, considering buying some volumes. Has it been good? What's the premise?

I'd recommend picking it back up. East of West can be confusing initially because there is a hell of a lot to take in. It's got a ton of political intrigue as various factions vie for power in a post apocalyptic United States. Think Game of Thrones meets the Old West with a nice cyberpunk twist. If that's something you'd be interested in I say pick up the "Year 1" hardcover, it is fantastic.

Read first couple issues of Deadly Class, seems interesting but so far it just feels like there is no real hook. Guessing that will come by the end of the trade though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'd recommend picking it back up. East of West can be confusing initially because there is a hell of a lot to take in. It's got a ton of political intrigue as various factions vie for power in a post apocalyptic United States. Think Game of Thrones meets the Old West with a nice cyberpunk twist. If that's something you'd be interested in I say pick up the "Year 1" hardcover, it is fantastic.

Sounds good, I'll order it now :)

Wanderer5

Thinking about getting new to read on my tablet, and I thought about getting something relating to marvel. Right now I currently thinking about Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt, Marvels, and Infinity War. I probably check out all three eventually, but not sure what to pick now lol.

VanWinkle

Just got the Harley and Ivy Deluxe Edition that came out a couple of months ago. It's beautiful. This ART. Man, it just pops on the page.

DC is killing it with their OHCs lately. Every single one released this year - including the thin ones like this - has a sewn binding. The binding doesn't flex a huge amount since it's so small, but it stays open way easier than a glued binding and has no gutter loss.

rszimgp0824.jpg

rszimgp0825.jpg

rszimgp0826.jpg

rszimgp0827.jpg

Young Inhumans is a far more interesting book than I thought it would be. I'm enjoying this quite a lot.
Very well then heh. Marvels can wait a little bit.
Goddamned right. Every time you have the opportunity to read Last Hunt and you don't, billions of innocents die.
I see y'all talkin' about Nightcrawler, so let me post some good comics in this trite excuse of a comic thread
BrgQWEm.jpg

ZU1nhPd.jpg

JiArXT4.jpg

fqwPpWB.jpg

Greg Rucka's Wolverine is my fav. run featuring the character, although I think Rucka intended for
Sabretooth
to be an annoying loudmouth, fella talks more than the entire main cast combined @_@
Kurt Wagner: The hero we deserve

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Nightcrawler was actually only second to Blink in AoA for me. He was pretty much the lone star of X-Calibre. He also had the benefit of being written by Warren Ellis.

Top Bottom