• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Tizoc

Let it never be said that Supes can't think up immediate solutions on the spot-
qUOwbL0.jpg

u4ptPwk.jpg

tOS8mhL.jpg
Now imagine how much better all that would have been with Blink.

Nobody cares about Blink.
Nobody knows who Blink is.
If you've got what it takes to back your words, post pages, cuz all I remember from Blink is that they were in EXiles series.
But nah for reals though you gotta remind me why Blink is even worth giving a damn about, I can't for the life of me remember anything relevant she ever did.

It's alright man, Nightcrawler is back and who the hell knows where Hope is now.

Presumably she's still running X-Force. Then again, Psylocke and Cable are both off doing their own thing. Fantomex is no longer a vegetable and also off doing his own thing.

So basically that leaves her with Dr. Nemesis, Marrow, Domino, and Forget-Me-Not.
Let it never be said that Supes can't think up immediate solutions on the spot-

qUOwbL0.jpg

u4ptPwk.jpg

tOS8mhL.jpg

Nobody cares about Blink.
Nobody knows who Blink is.
If you've got what it takes to back your words, post pages, cuz all I remember from Blink is that they were in EXiles series.
QUOTE THESE, THEY'RE MASSIVE.

Finished the full run (so far) of Southern Bastards. Everything about the book is brilliant. It encapsulates the whole southern redneck mindset, but subverts it by showing you the circumstances that drove people to their actions. Aaron isn't being apologetic or judgmental, just driving an interesting conversation. Even the most evil dudes in the book are a product of their environment, and some of their nasty behaviors make sense in the dog-eat-dog culture that forged them.

Aaron uses violence freely, but never without consequences and never in a positive light. Physical violence is a tool for control or revenge, and leads to repercussions that are usually worse than the circumstances that led to it.

Football is front a center, but it's not the focal point of the story. Instead, it serves as a metaphor for a violent culture where a person's value is determined by their physical strength and ability to leverage their masculinity and establish dominance over peers. These young boys are expected to risk their health every week or face disappointment and ridicule. Anything less than 100% effort renders them unworthy in the eyes of their friends, families, and cult leader coach.

I'll argue there's a really fine line between this win-at-all costs football mentality and the mindset that enables the rise of a Fight Club like organization based on the cult of personality. When nobody is willing to back down or show weakness in front of their leader, it's easy to see the path leading on a downward spiral of violence and control.

Looks like issue #14 drops next month. We're left with a bit of a cliffhanger right now, so I'm very eager to see what Aaron shows us next.

Tizoc

Y'all remember that one time Tommy Lee Jones had a psychiatric session with Superman and told him there's no such thing as the Boogey Man and then he ended up ordering for him every item on 5 Guys' Burger and Fries to celebrate?

Good times~

You are using a thick cloth between the paper and the iron right?

(Can't you just stick it between a couple of large omnibuses for a few days?)

Pls don't turn into a sillymonkey vs paint v2.
I hope this ends with Zombine trying to fix the page with his own ink like sillymonkey would

Reading Hickman's Ultimates....part of me wants to collect all of Ultimate Fantastic Four just to see Reed's transformation although I understand that happens more in Ultimate Doomsday but...anyway...

holy shit what an opening two issues. what a helluva second issue in particular, just so much happens.

Top Bottom