• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

While I do agree a little with your spoiler,
I have to strongly disagree with that first statement. Funnily enough, I read the first volume of Nichijou just this last week and found it trying too hard with the "lol I am so random" situations. Which is surprising because I usually like that kind of humour. e.g., Supermutant Magic Academy that I just started reading!

Glad you gave this a shot after not caring for This One Summer (which I can see where you're coming from). SMMA is so fun and Jillian's art is hilarious throughout. Lots of great strips in it.

I'd also recommend looking into Megahex if you have no problem with some of the subject matter (extremely raunchy humor, drugs, etc.). It's another collection of strips that range from being humorous to others focusing on things like depression. It's fucked but it's kind of similar in some regards.

Just read it

You guys were a little harsh on this book

It's more or less on par with the average trash marvel comic that gets bought on the regular.

That being said, I felt the only well written scene was when America was meeting up with her gf. The dialogue is pretty cornball but it feels like I'm maybe reading something targeted to tweens.

Joe Quinones puts in mostly good work here and there even if it looks a little rushed at times. I've enjoyed Villarubias colors in the past but he chooses to do some very odd color holds in places.

Zombine

Banned
Just read it

It's more or less on par with the average trash marvel comic that gets bought on the regular.

That being said, I felt the only well written scene was when America was meeting up with her gf. The dialogue is pretty cornball but it feels like I'm maybe reading something targeted to tweens.

Joe Quinones puts in mostly good work here and there even if it looks a little rushed at times. I've enjoyed Villarubias colors in the past but he chooses to do some very odd color holds in places.

I'm in full agreement here. I liked #1 a lot and have you guys seen his Storm? 👌

The turn around time on this book was quite fast btw, it had only been brewing for a few months.

Just read it

We weren't that harsh. lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
C8sbHfJUIAAFHCL.jpg

man I wish these old DC cartoons were on netflix

Owzers

I don't even want to read Wonder Woman 14-17, the last issues I preordered. Double shipping and preordering is a mistake. It does feel weird thinking that these next two shipments from dcbs will possibly be the last of the flops, the end of an era. Floppies...I've always hated you, but at least you were economically sensible by selling you when I finished.

Glad you gave this a shot after not caring for This One Summer (which I can see where you're coming from). SMMA is so fun and Jillian's art is hilarious throughout. Lots of great strips in it.

I'd also recommend looking into Megahex if you have no problem with some of the subject matter (extremely raunchy humor, drugs, etc.). It's another collection of strips that range from being humorous to others focusing on things like depression. It's fucked but it's kind of similar in some regards.

I am really enjoying SMMA. Will definitely give Megahex a shot.

I don't even want to read Wonder Woman 14-17, the last issues I preordered. Double shipping and preordering is a mistake. It does feel weird thinking that these next two shipments from dcbs will possibly be the last of the flops, the end of an era. Floppies...I've always hated you, but at least you were economically sensible by selling you when I finished.

Double shipping is so good for us trade waiters!

I couldn't handle the stress cord hiding would cause with the main tv. I mounted the kid's TV and the bedroom set since there's just the one device plugged in to each but regular stand all the way for the front room TV. There's like 3 consoles and a TV box connected, I'm getting anxious even thinking about it. Nice setup though Lore!

ElNarez

Banned
Just read it

Oh, first issue was fine. Clunky in places, but, there's a lot to go through to set up the status quo. It's mostly intentions and promises. That's okay.

#2, boy. That's when you realize "oh, yeah, no, actually, this is bad"

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, first issue was fine. Clunky in places, but, there's a lot to go through to set up the status quo. It's mostly intentions and promises. That's okay.

#2, boy. That's when you realize "oh, yeah, no, actually, this is bad"

Seconded. I thought the first one was just a bit rough because they were setting up a whole new status quo, but then the second one just did nothing to make me want to keep going.

Sandfox

So are the Marvel Resurrection books going to be good for a complete comic noob to jump right into?

In particular, I am interested in the Xmen series. I have seen all the movies but that is about it.

Thanks
They are made for people who have never read the X-Men to jump in. The main books even have a summary that explains the complete past of the team members.

It was suppose to deliver this week. Now, I might not get it this month. It's BS. GameStop told me it would deliver this week. Fucking incompetent company.

Damn, is it still hard to get elsewhere? Normally I'd tell them to forget about it but if they have you over a barrel :/ not at all in April tho wtf, that's pretty off.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Damn, it all went tits up for rick in the latest walking dead issue

Also, inhumans tv show sounds awful from the synopsis

So are the Marvel Resurrection books going to be good for a complete comic noob to jump right into?

In particular, I am interested in the Xmen series. I have seen all the movies but that is about it.

Thanks
Yup. It's sort of a soft relaunch of the X books. Just like most comics: if you're new, it'll be just fine. If you're a veteran, you'll be just fine. Also if you'd like to read some classics, there are plenty of recommendations to go around.
man I wish these old DC cartoons were on netflix
US Netflix baybee

Damn, is it still hard to get elsewhere? Normally I'd tell them to forget about it but if they have you over a barrel :/ not at all in April tho wtf, that's pretty off.
I can't get a refund and go somewhere else since most of the Switch was paid off with GS credits. I'm just gonna have to wait for it.
It's more Nintendo's fault than anyone else. Artificially manipulating the supply is pretty shady business.
GameStop said they would get more Switches by the beginning of April. Their whole deal was if you ordered in-store they would have the Switch bundle mailed out March 31st and delivered in the first week of April. I'm more willing to put the blame on GS. If you know Nintendo is sketchy with supplies then why not play it safe and tell your customers it might take a while instead of promising it will come on an exact week? They got me all hyped for nothing.

Owzers

I got my Zelda case! It was sent to my post office but then sent to another and another then back to mine. 11 days to get it but I got it but I contacted gamefly and they shipped my replacement today so I feel kinda bad.

But case! So much better than comics without cases.

Sandfox

I'm not sure that was a very wise combination, as evidenced by this book.
Seems like a more deft touch was required.
They clearly wanted someone with a similar profile/background to America handling the book and Rivera is a critically acclaimed writer. It just seems to have not worked out for various reasons.

I'm not sure that was a very wise combination, as evidenced by this book.
Seems like a more deft touch was required.

Is Wil Moss the editor? I feel like he's slacking on the book. I get he probably wants her to do her own thing on the book and feel comfortable but there's no strong direction right now.

What happened? I've given up on the show

You know we're talking about the comic, right? Just want to make sure before you're spoiled.

Negan will make Rick great.

It'll be interesting to see. But I'll never forgive that fucking fucker either for the second worse thing to ever happen in the book. At least I can still enjoy him though unlike booger-on-the-wall Rick. I'm still waiting to see Maggie's reaction when she learns
Negan is roaming free.
Oh MAN.

Rick was never great in the comic. Always liked him in the tv show though even there Shane was better.

You know we're talking about the comic, right? Just want to make sure before you're spoiled.

It'll be interesting to see. But I'll never forgive that fucking fucker either for the second worse thing to ever happen in the book. At least I can still enjoy him though unlike booger-on-the-wall Rick. I'm still waiting to see Maggie's reaction when she learns
Negan is roaming free.
Oh MAN.

Rick will make Maggie see the light once
he tells her of Negan's good deeds (killing Alpha, probably stopping the Saviors, probably making the other communities stop trying to leave Rick's rule for no goddamn reason).If she doesn't fall in line he can take Maggie's rule away and give it to Negan :O. After all, she did fail and get Hilltop burned down.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Read Royals 1. Yeah, not interesting. Won't be reading 2.

Negan is roaming free.
Oh MAN.
Yeah I know, just don't know what silver lining you mean

Rick will make Maggie see the light once
he tells her of Negan's good deeds (killing Alpha, probably stopping the Saviors, probably making the other communities stop trying to leave Rick's rule for no goddamn reason).If she doesn't fall in line he can take Maggie's rule away and give it to Negan :O. After all, she did fail and get Hilltop burned down.

I don't remember exactly the course of events that caused
Hilltop to burn, but that wasn't Maggie's fault, was it? Maggie will never stand for Negan being free. I think that was the whole point of the Dante blow-off.

Top Bottom