• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

What did you buy man, don't tease us like that!

(hooks well into the manga convo earlier)

hah yea i saw that and got me interested to respond but was in the grocery store

For print manga I picked up the full runs of:
- 20th Century Boys
- Pluto
- Mobile Suite Gundam Origins HCs

For CMX Manga (which on an ipad pro held horizontally is amazing)
- Gyo vol 1 & 2
- Tomie
- Assassination Classroom
- My Hero Academia
- A couple more One Piece volumes
- One Punch Man
- Hikaru no Go
- Food Wars!

Wishlist items for later
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Bokurano
- Vinland Saga
, Goodnight PunPun
- AJIN: Demi-Human
- A couple others

hah yea i saw that and got me interested to respond but was in the grocery store

For print manga I picked up the full runs of:
- 20th Century Boys
- Pluto
- Mobile Suite Gundam Origins HCs

For CMX Manga (which on an ipad pro held horizontally is amazing)
- Gyo vol 1 & 2
- Tomie
- Assassination Classroom
- My Hero Academia
- A couple more One Piece volumes
- One Punch Man
- Hikaru no Go
- Food Wars!

Wishlist items for later
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Bokurano
- Vinland Saga
, Goodnight PunPun
- AJIN: Demi-Human
- A couple others

Damn, full run of Gundam. That must have cost a bit.

I've been looking at this Speed Raced box set.

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/speed-racer-mach-go-go-go

TheFlow

Banned
only manga I am trying to collect physically is MHA and Haikyuu. only because I get so many B%N coupons. manga is basically 6 bucks a volume.

TheFlow

Banned
Also guys don't look at the cover for Saga #43 if you don't want some minor spoilers.

I am happy about it though.

also glad CMX is honoring the 25 cent issues. WOOH.

Damn, that is some haul. Especially jealous of the physical 20th Century Boys & Pluto, those are both I want to read. Urasawa looks like my man. Well done on the haul though, really nice,you'll be feeling that for awhile.

mreddie

lmao Gamestop just randomly called me about pre-ordering Destiny 2 because I bought Infinite Warfare way back when.

1092607.gif

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Flow, I just started watching Cowboy Bebop, too. (At this point I just basically do whatever Griffin McElroy tells me to).

That opening theme is straight up great.

Prince of Cats was great, especially the last two acts. Wimberly picked the oddest characters to concentrate on but it works so well. And it helps that it looks so gorgeous.

yea..it was a hit. But those HCs are nice. But I generally will go digital unless i'm forced to go print

like with Berserk

At least Yotsuba&! is digital (Messi give this series a try)

But if you go digital with Yotsuba, how do you get the cute spines?

Owzers

If it balances the scale, I can freely admit I've been watching NXT for the last few days on this free wrestling pass. Wrestling and Manga cancel each other out right?
It depends on how you feel about Roman Reigns, the strongest most talented wrestler of our, or really any, time.

Anybody reading Heroines? It got pretty real in the second issue.

America is so terrible. I'm so disappointed.
America should have been a punk superhero story. Bucking the status quo. Instead we got, "OMG I'm soooooo bored and like, unfulfilled. You know what would be fun? Cooooooolleeeeeeege! Whoooooo!"

Fuck that book.

According to Jim Zub, Pepe Larraz is working on new book, but he can't talk about it. I remember Messi asking about him.

I can't remember.
It's not like Bendis' Moon Knight was memorable. Fun, but pointless. Ultimately that was the only lasting thing that run did, and then Soule goes, "She's back. We cool?" We cool."

Best post.
Don't get me wrong, superheroes and school is always a fun ride, but America? The one who has literally done nothing except say "fuck you" to every single status quo she's run up against? To be fair, I only know her from Secret Wars and on. Never read anything with her in before that, but I think that's enough of a template to use for this.

PsychBat!

Banned
Don't get me wrong, superheroes and school is always a fun ride, but America? The one who has literally done nothing except say "fuck you" to every single status quo she's run up against? To be fair, I only know her from Secret Wars and on. Never read anything with her in before that, but I think that's enough of a template to use for this.

There should have been a America & Lady Kate comic.

If it balances the scale, I can freely admit I've been watching NXT for the last few days on this free wrestling pass. Wrestling and Manga cancel each other out right?

NXT is better than pretty much anything else. But RAW was really solid this week, especially with the Revival getting called up. #SayYeah #TopGuys

America is so terrible. I'm so disappointed.

I couldn't make it to the end of the first issue. I ran out of fucks to give.

Well so far I have all 13 volumes in print. Yotsuba is the happiest thing ever created.

Love Yotsuba. Best manga.

TheFlow

Banned
Flow, I just started watching Cowboy Bebop, too. (At this point I just basically do whatever Griffin McElroy tells me to).

That opening theme is straight up great.

YEA BOI! just got back from the gym. about to watch episode 2 now.

I love the music in this show. lord have mercy.

Malyse

America should have been a punk superhero story. Bucking the status quo. Instead we got, "OMG I'm soooooo bored and like, unfulfilled. You know what would be fun? Cooooooolleeeeeeege! Whoooooo!"

Fuck that book.

I couldn't make it to the end of the first issue. I ran out of fucks to give.

I think that people are legit scared to criticize it because Queer Lantina lead, but this comic is fucking awful. Jesus. It could be amazing. You actually have one of the most compelling characters in comics (think of it objectively. Who is anything like America Chavez) and goddamn Carol Danvers' book is more engaging. Literally the only thing I like is the covers. What a mess. This is the Other M of comic books.

Love Yotsuba. Best manga.

NOPE.
c5dfd105f6a6f2b62ddc2265bab34501.jpg

Nichijou is amazing.

But the one true King is Luffy. That's the best comic being published in the world, period.

One Piece is just okay. MHA is better, and there were a bunch of series that One Piece has outlasted that I think were superior like Eyeshield 21, Full Metal Alchemist, or Kekkaishi.

I think that people are legit scared to criticize it because Queer Lantina lead, but this comic is fucking awful. Jesus. It could be amazing. You actually have one of the most compelling characters in comics (think of it objectively. Who is anything like America Chavez) and goddamn Carol Danvers' book is more engaging. Literally the only thing I like is the covers. What a mess. This is the Other M of comic books.
Yes and no. On the one hand, yes because people have been clamoring for it for awhile to the point of legitimate outrage. Those people now have a "beggars can't be choosers" mentality, and now with this whole "diversity doesn't sell" narrative, there's an even stronger desire to back it.

On the other hand there's a lot of the usual vitriol for the book that you see for a lot of minority books, but also heavy criticism from people who didn't want the book in the first place.
Know how I know you don't still read one piece?
I fell out of it during Dressrosa. And I was following the manga, not the anime. It hasn't been as enjoyable post-timeskip. The sense of adventure isn't there anymore for me, and that's what really made OP for me. Plus the pacing sucked. I'll go back to it eventually since the story will draw me back in (theory crafting hole, here I come), but it just isn't the same. That and the realization that Oda really doesn't write very good female characters.

I don't blame people who are madly in love with it. This is all they got when it comes to queer poc latina characters. I have seen some people on twitter who were excited for the book quietly admit that it's not that great. This school setting is just pointless mainly cuz we're not shown how this school operates. Everyone is basically "Idk. I'm learning deep shit." I still don't understand why she's going to college. She says she wants to better herself but, college? Everything she's learning right now she could have gone to a library or go back in time herself and learn stuff. So far the college setting isn't serving her character. It's just there.
One Piece is just okay. MHA is better, and there were a bunch of series that One Piece has outlasted that I think were superior like Eyeshield 21, Full Metal Alchemist, or Kekkaishi.
I thought you were one of the good ones Poodle.
Dunno why, I can't get into the manga stuff, maybe seeing shit run all the way to 200 may have influenced that.

Sweet child your so used to Marvel's relaunch yearly structure.

Batman/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #5
An enjoyable end. I dug this book for the most part. Wasn't spectacular or anything, but it had its moments. A cool plot for an older villainthat doesn't get too many plots, nice continuity nods, solid humor, and one of the coolest two-page spreads I've seen in awhile. A decent book that I'd recommend for fans of either cartoon.

mreddie

Sweet child your so used to Marvel's relaunch yearly structure.

Remember, I got back in the game post 2010 but didn't really jump back in til 2012. Even then, I dabbed in comics which only had 20-ish issues because heaven forbid a Big Two book last 20 issues without a relaunch, I was collecting Invincible til I just got tired of it.

Top Bottom