• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Sun Bakery 2

I wanted to give this a second shot with it's second issue, but it's still just as dumb and empty. It feels like Image got conned into publishing a sketchbook that Corey Lewis threw some generic cliché stories onto to pass it off as an anthology.

Is he still writing Guardians lol?

Been debating picking up his Guardians of the Galaxy Omnibus, but I hear it gets really bad after the first few issues.

Don't bother. Art is good but the writing is dull as hell. I legit bought an issue twice because I forgot I read it. Nothing happens and no one has their own voice. It's aggressively boring.

Tim et Ty sounds like a name of a classic Franco-Belgian comic.

LOL. I would read it too!

It can vary, but I believe usually close to 10 chapters for a weekly manga series, except for say first volume of a series that would have less, cause the first chapters tends to be long. Regarding MHA, 26 chapters covers the first three volumes.

Cheers for that! I'll probably read at least 5 or 6 then, that should be enough to make my mind up.

Messi

Is he still writing Guardians lol?

Been debating picking up his Guardians of the Galaxy Omnibus, but I hear it gets really bad after the first few issues.

It's bad throughout with fantastic art. Bendis gets the best artists.

Wada commission. His love of Roman knows no bounds lol

UHN26h8.jpg

caliph95

Yeah going to take a break from classic Thunderbolts for now.

After loving Judas Contract the movie any recent like from 90s own wards to recommend.

I've no doubt somebody asked for that. Wada recently said on twitter people were chanting 'fuck Reigns' and he said "I'm trying" lol

This past Monday night on RAW, the crowd was fucking vicious. The chants transitioned from "Roman Sucks" to "Asshole" to "Go Away" to "Fuck you, Roman."

After loving Judas Contract the movie any recent like from 90s own wards to recommend.

I'm gonna see if I can grab it today. I couldn't find it at the Target I went to earlier in the week when I picked up Rogue One.

mreddie

ASM 25 (The 10 buck one) is March's highest selling comic.

1 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #25 $9.99
2 DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE #8 $5.99
3 BATMAN #18 $2.99
4 BATMAN #19 $2.99
5 IRON FIST #1 $3.99
6 X-MEN PRIME #1 $4.99
7 STAR WARS #29 $3.99
8 ALL-STAR BATMAN #8 $4.99
9 THE WALKING DEAD #165 (MR) $2.99
10 JUSTICE LEAGUE #16 $2.99

3 BATMAN #18 $2.99
4 BATMAN #19 $2.99
5 IRON FIST #1 $3.99
6 X-MEN PRIME #1 $4.99
7 STAR WARS #29 $3.99

By dollars or number of issues

3 BATMAN #18 $2.99
4 BATMAN #19 $2.99
5 IRON FIST #1 $3.99
6 X-MEN PRIME #1 $4.99
7 STAR WARS #29 $3.99

God dammit people...

You don't know bad

It's not just the dialogue, he also has a team book and 90% of the time has no clue what to do with half of the team so has them occupied with random shit half the time. The stories are also basically shitty amalgamations of recent sci-fi stories just changed a bit and applied to super heroes. He also tries to play with confusing timelines like Priest does on Deathstroke only there is no defining breaks like Priest uses so shit just ends up confusing and seeming disjointed. I've also read pretty common complaints that nothing he writes seems to end, it just seems to go away with it obviously being left to come up later. I think he has like 4 big conflicts in the book with nothing really concluding.

Shit's just bad. That's not even talking about how from the beginning it was obvious that none of this was new and it was all just his ideas for his JL book he had during DC You because at the start none of the characters made sense and Arthur and Diana both had their weapons they got from that story.

It's just all a combination of shit. I just want a good JL book.

Fuck, one of the recent stories was a damn app on an ipad going rogue and becoming a big bad.

dan2026

To be honest most writers are terrible at team books.
They always tend to just pick a couple of characters and use therm, then ignore all the others.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wasn't feeling X-Men Gold at all. Nothing about it is clicking with me. The writing, the art, the team roster. Nothing.

Iron Fist #2 is actually pretty decent. Enjoying that series more than I expected. It's kinda washing the taste of the show out of my mouth.

Ruthless.

Volume 4 of Black Science was fucking magnificent. It's not a reboot but the book manages to wipe the slate clean to a pretty large extent with this storyline. It takes the things that worked about the lead character, embraces all the flaws and mistakes made with the main character over the years and pretty much manages to have its cake and eat it. There's been a few times throughout reading Black Science where I thought Mmmm, I get what he's doing with McKay, but I kinda of feel like I'm being fed an Aidan Pierce a little bit. An asshole who deserves none of my sympathy, but the narrative seems to want me to empathise and understand his flaws when it's not been earned. Godworld feels like it was written with laser precision and focus to solve this dissonance, and it doesn't cheat at all while it does so. Instead of rewriting or sidestepping the issue, it completely absorbs it and comes out the other side bursting with energy and a brand new mission statement. Very impressed.

Owzers

Image ohc are nice but they don't have dust jackets, Velvet arrived with my paltry five floppy dcbs order.

Would not recommend unless you make a bookcover for it out of a paper bag.

Top Bottom