• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Messi

I admittedly haven't read it, but I can tell you that Terry Moore is life.

Shutter is definitely a gorgeous book. The story gets pretty crazy, too. To the point where I barely knew what was going on for a while. I still need to read the most recent issue.

I'll let others inundate you with a million books to try and simply tell you Giant Days is probably my favorite book currently being published, so give it a shot.

I can vouch for this, even though Messi trots it out every time people ask for suggestions. ;)

Because it has is one of images best books?

Started reading my library copy of The World Of Edena. Definitely have to pick this up because just the first two stories (Repairs and Upon a Star) make it a great buy. Dark Horse library collections stay winning.

Moebius can drop you into a completely new and unique world so quickly! It is amazing how this came out of a request for an advertisement by Citroen. (There is major "product placement" for a Citroen Traction).

Ed! What does Moebius mean by a "pure and simple style with no excessive details" when the panels on the next few pages look like this...
I want to say it means he probably was meaning a departure from his work on Blueberry. His work in westerns was very detailed and he rendered texture a lot.

déviation.jpg
You could see this in his work like Airtight Garage and Arzach as well
Contrast that with Edena, which is 'simpler' and uses many less lines to draw objects, people, textures, shadows

The Incal has mix between the two. He mostly keeps it clean
But will use a higher density of lines depending on the context
What Moebius is most likely saying is that he felt that he was covering up his structural weaknesses by rendering a lot. This is kind of a thing that happens a lot with artists, especially as they grow. Im guilty of this as well.
Basically, using a bunch of strokes to render doesn't necessarily make your artwork better if your underlying structure and composition is a mess. Rendering like that also takes forever haha. Although Im not sure why Moebius ever felt like he was covering up any weaknesses, his Blueberry, Arzach and Airtight Garage work is all pretty much impeccable.

Moebius, that guy was good huh

This has been Ed's monthly long post about comics art

Yeah, I know I have so much classics to read it's not even funny. I meant must read these days.

Edit - Thank you all btw, your input is really appreciated.
Well,

Detective Comics
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Superman
Justice League of America

ROM

Death Vigil

The Mighty Thor
The Uncanny Avengers
Ms. Marvel
All-New Wolverine
Old Man Logan
Moon Knight
Captain America: Sam Wilson
Captain America: Steve Rogers
Jessica Jones
Infamous Iron Man
Power Man and Iron Fist
The Ultimates^2

Those are all the books I'm enjoying right now. Off of the top of my head, of course.

'Who's Carol?' They dated in Carol's book. Is there something I am missing here or is this just Bendis' usual attention to continuity detail?
It's a parody.

(Also, "dated" is a strong word. They got together between the final issue of KSD's vol 1 and the first issue of vol 2 and then Carol left for space after hugging him once)

I want to say it means he probably was meaning a departure from his work on Blueberry. His work in westerns was very detailed and he rendered texture a lot.

You could see this in his work like Airtight Garage and Arzach as well

Contrast that with Edena, which is 'simpler' and uses many less lines to draw objects, people, textures, shadows

The Incal has mix between the two. He mostly keeps it clean

But will use a higher density of lines depending on the context

What Moebius is most likely saying is that he felt that he was covering up his structural weaknesses by rendering a lot. This is kind of a thing that happens a lot with artists, especially as they grow. Im guilty of this as well.

Basically, using a bunch of strokes to render doesn't necessarily make your artwork better if your underlying structure and composition is a mess. Rendering like that also takes forever haha. Although Im not sure why Moebius ever felt like he was covering up any weaknesses, his Blueberry, Arzach and Airtight Garage work is all pretty much impeccable.

Moebius, that guy was good huh

This has been Ed's monthly long post about comics art

Awesome, thanks for the explanation! I was a bit confused because when someone says "detail" in art, my mind first jumps to the quantity and intricacy of things depicted.

It's sooo good that we are getting this library series. I was a little bit disappointed that the next book was an artbook instead of one of his longer works but after reading this - I'll take it!

Donnie(if you see this when I'm asleep, please answer it), how are you supposed to use slime sprays as Kiryu in Yakuza 0?

Sorry dude, Yakuza is literally the only one out of all the big Japanese games lately that I haven't played at all, I just haven't had the time. I think Freezasaurus might have played Yakuza?

Sorry dude, Yakuza is literally the only one out of all the big Japanese games lately that I haven't played at all, I just haven't had the time. I think Freezasaurus might have played Yakuza?

I did what now?

Donnie(if you see this when I'm asleep, please answer it), how are you supposed to use slime sprays as Kiryu in Yakuza 0?

I don't know that I've run across those. Is it an equippable weapon or something? If so, you have to press down on the d-pad to use it.

Just ordered the Gotham Central Omnibus. I have to stop coming into this thread.

After ordering GC omni: "aggh fuck, my wallet. Fuck! Curse you, comicgaf!"

After reading GC omni: "ok comicgaf need another rec that is as good as that was"

Comicgaf: "sorry but nothing is as good as Gotham Central"

Revolutionaries #1
I'm not sure what this book is trying to accomplish. It seems like a weird crossover team book, but I'm kinda unclear. Whatever it is, I suppose I have no reason to stop reading. Rom was cool in this issue, as he usually is (man I wish they would release a collection of that).

Revolutionaries #2
This was a better issue. Not so chaotic, thoigh this still seems very crossover heavy, and thus a lot of nuance is lost without that knowledge. For example, the issue starts with a conflict taking place at a museam. Now, perhaps that makes sense if I was reading Micronauts, but since I'm not then I have no idea why they are there.

Also the Micronauts are dicks. Like, borderline interdimensional racists.

Revolutionaries #3
This was an issue. After REVOLUTION I forget that Mayhem used to be a good guy. Anyways, some action. Beyond that the story felt really messy, and the art didn't help. This book is super okay at this point.

All-New Wolverine #19
I love Laura's new costume. LOVE it. I also just genuinely love this book. What I find funny is that Laura's new costume is opposite of before. Before, she wore the bright blue and yellow, but they were hiding. Now they aren't hiding and she's wearing X-Force black ops duds.

Also, will Gabby get a codename? Wolverette?

X-Men Gold #1
This was...okay. Everything about it was okay. Except for Logan. His dialogue was funny. The rest was weird. Colossus seemed like an upset puppy. An older Kitty is weird to hear. Storm seemed cynical. Granted, I understand why, but it's still weird to see. Rachel's costume is garbage, and I don't buy this "reinventing her image" shtick she has. "Prestige"? Why? And why does Rachel, of all people, need to change it up? Phoenix doesn't hold the same weight that it used to, young Jean isn't using it

And Kitty's speech was weird. It came off as justifying the news interview, and knowing the imagery in the book and what it represents...I realize it wasn't Guggenheim's attempt, but it doesn't come off as very pro-mutant.

I won't be sad about the art change. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It was okay. Let's just say I didn't hate it, but it met my expectations going in. Boring.

Sandfox

Revolutionaries #1
I'm not sure what this book is trying to accomplish. It seems like a weird crossover team book, but I'm kinda unclear. Whatever it is, I suppose I have no reason to stop reading. Rom was cool in this issue, as he usually is (man I wish they would release a collection of that).

Revolutionaries #2
This was a better issue. Not so chaotic, thoigh this still seems very crossover heavy, and thus a lot of nuance is lost without that knowledge. For example, the issue starts with a conflict taking place at a museam. Now, perhaps that makes sense if I was reading Micronauts, but since I'm not then I have no idea why they are there.

Also the Micronauts are dicks. Like, borderline interdimensional racists.

Revolutionaries #3
This was an issue. After REVOLUTION I forget that Mayhem used to be a good guy. Anyways, some action. Beyond that the story felt really messy, and the art didn't help. This book is super okay at this point.

All-New Wolverine #19
I love Laura's new costume. LOVE it. I also just genuinely love this book. What I find funny is that Laura's new costume is opposite of before. Before, she wore the bright blue and yellow, but they were hiding. Now they aren't hiding and she's wearing X-Force black ops duds.

Also, will Gabby get a codename? Wolverette?

X-Men Gold #1
This was...okay. Everything about it was okay. Except for Logan. His dialogue was funny. The rest was weird. Colossus seemed like an upset puppy. An older Kitty is weird to hear. Storm seemed cynical. Granted, I understand why, but it's still weird to see. Rachel's costume is garbage, and I don't buy this "reinventing her image" shtick she has. "Prestige"? Why? And why does Rachel, of all people, need to change it up? Phoenix doesn't hold the same weight that it used to, young Jean isn't using it

And Kitty's speech was weird. It came off as justifying the news interview, and knowing the imagery in the book and what it represents...I realize it wasn't Guggenheim's attempt, but it doesn't come off as very pro-mutant.

I won't be sad about the art change. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. It was okay. Let's just say I didn't hate it, but it met my expectations going in. Boring.
That speech was basically Guggenheim apologizing to X-fans with the crowd as a stand-in.

Sandfox

In the grand tradition of the best X-Men stories, definitely. Check out this classic panel.

PbY8TuC.jpg

I saw the speech more as Kitty acknowledging that the team has taken a step backwards in terms of fulfilling Xavier's dream with the past few years of storylines and that they are working towards it again. The actual purpose of the speech was Guggenheim apologizing to the fans who didn't like what Marvel was doing with the brand.

Zombine

Banned
My word on comic art is that if you're going to put subliminal political messages into your art you better not be a shit tier house artist who is going nowhere.

The Uncanny Avengers #22
This issue was incredibly emotional for me, weirdly enough. The
final sending off of Xavier's brain genuinely got a tug out of me. And that's all right. The stuff with Rogue and Wade was weird. I'll say it. Weird.
So we'll see where this goes. Hopefully this stays good. And get rid of Synapse. Christ.

Captain America: Steve Rogers #15
First of all: gross. That was gruesome. Second of all: long time coming, but the fuuuuuck?
Crossbones not having true loyalty makes sense, but Sin? She's totally fine with him killing her dad? Not to mention, Zemo is planning his own thing, but is Elisa with Rogers as well? I doubt it, and I assume a power play is being made soon enough. That said, Red Skull is out of the picture, though we'll see for how long.

The really interesting part is when Steve says he's only ever been loyal to the dream. The dream, in the case, being peace, acceptance, and understanding. The problem is that there's a final component: freedom. Over the course of this book, I believe Spencer has an understanding of the character. It's what has made him so compelling, yet so terrifying. The big difference between Captain Hydra and Captain America is the belief in freedom, since we've already seen that he believe Hydra's method of subjugation will lead to that. Thus, he rejects that life of choice and freedom, since that's the component that can lead to war, chaos, and hate. Things Red Skull has stood for, and thus fundamentally opposes Steve on every level, even when they're on the same side. That said, his statement of loyalty only to the dream is interesting given what the heads of Hydra have in mind.

I'm really looking forward to Secret Empire.

Champions #7
Wherein the Champions get schooled. Dialogue in this book is starting to drag on me. Too preachy and on the nose, but the more personal moments were dope.

One thing I have to point out is how inconsistently Cyclops is drawn. On the cover his costume is the same that it has been for this run. Then, in the interrogation, it has significantly more gold on the neck, shoulders, forearms. When they show up in the neighborhood, the gold on the neck and shoulders is blue again, before becoming gold for the rest of the issue. Oh well, I never liked this costume anyways and he's getting his new one (which is a helluva lot better and possibly one of my favorites) next issue.

The Avengers #6
Odd how the final issue of this arc is the only one that didn't bore the fuck out of me. That said there are some massive plot points that need tending to:
the first is why Immortus is there. Isn't he a good guy at this point? Or at least, significantly more chill? Second is that at some point Kang becomes Doom? Especially interesting that it's white cloak Doom, who we've only seen during Secret Wars. Third is future Vision. If he's not longer based on Simon, them who is he based on? My bet is Kang. It explains his knowledge and investment in this. Fourth is Avenger X. Was the past inadvertantly rewritten for her to be a hero? Did she not exist prior, amd the Kooky Quartet story taking place after these events? And why would her grave show up in the Parker Industries basement?

All of these are intriguing. Finally hooked me. Also the dialogue between the different time period Avengers was pretty great, and why does Nadia hate Peter so much?

Damn we in there.

Prestige is worse than any codename Kitty ever had
You're semi-correcr
That speech was basically Guggenheim apologizing to X-fans with the crowd as a stand-in.
Justify it however you want, but it doesn't come off that way at all.
Well she should follow through and disappear because she's awful in this book

Hopefully her powers and costume don't cause so much cringe with new art but I'm not holding my breath
I didn't think she was that bad. She was just okay. Didn't feel like Rachel.

Sandfox

The Uncanny Avengers #22
This issue was incredibly emotional for me, weirdly enough. The
final sending off of Xavier's brain genuinely got a tug out of me. And that's all right. The stuff with Rogue and Wade was weird. I'll say it. Weird.
So we'll see where this goes. Hopefully this stays good. And get rid of Synapse. Christ.

Captain America: Steve Rogers #15
First of all: gross. That was gruesome. Second of all: long time coming, but the fuuuuuck?
Crossbones not having true loyalty makes sense, but Sin? She's totally fine with him killing her dad? Not to mention, Zemo is planning his own thing, but is Elisa with Rogers as well? I doubt it, and I assume a power play is being made soon enough. That said, Red Skull is out of the picture, though we'll see for how long.

The really interesting part is when Steve says he's only ever been loyal to the dream. The dream, in the case, being peace, acceptance, and understanding. The problem is that there's a final component: freedom. Over the course of this book, I believe Spencer has an understanding of the character. It's what has made him so compelling, yet so terrifying. The big difference between Captain Hydra and Captain America is the belief in freedom, since we've already seen that he believe Hydra's method of subjugation will lead to that. Thus, he rejects that life of choice and freedom, since that's the component that can lead to war, chaos, and hate. Things Red Skull has stood for, and thus fundamentally opposes Steve on every level, even when they're on the same side. That said, his statement of loyalty only to the dream is interesting given what the heads of Hydra have in mind.

I'm really looking forward to Secret Empire.

Champions #7
Wherein the Champions get schooled. Dialogue in this book is starting to drag on me. Too preachy and on the nose, but the more personal moments were dope.

One thing I have to point out is how inconsistently Cyclops is drawn. On the cover his costume is the same that it has been for this run. Then, in the interrogation, it has significantly more gold on the neck, shoulders, forearms. When they show up in the neighborhood, the gold on the neck and shoulders is blue again, before becoming gold for the rest of the issue. Oh well, I never liked this costume anyways and he's getting his new one (which is a helluva lot better and possibly one of my favorites) next issue.

The Avengers #6
Odd how the final issue of this arc is the only one that didn't bore the fuck out of me. That said there are some massive plot points that need tending to: the first is why Immortus is there. Isn't he a good guy at this point? Or at least, significantly more chill? Second is that at some point Kang becomes Doom? Especially interesting that it's white cloak Doom, who we've only seen during Secret Wars. Third is future Vision. If he's not longer based on Simon, them who is he based on? My bet is Kang. It explains his knowledge and investment in this. Fourth is Avenger X. Was the past inadvertantly rewritten for her to be a hero? Did she not exist prior, amd the Kooky Quartet story taking place after these events? And why would her grave show up in the Parker Industries basement?[/spoiler]

All of these are intriguing. Finally hooked me. Also the dialogue between the different time period Avengers was pretty great, and why does Nadia hate Peter so much?

Damn we in there.

You're semi-correcr

Justify it however you want, but it doesn't come off that way at all.

I'm just saying that's how I saw the speech given the overall theme of story. Others don't have to see it the way and I can see why they wouldn't.

The Wasp hating Spider-Man thing is a reference to the Stan Lee era.

The Avengers #6
Odd how the final issue of this arc is the only one that didn't bore the fuck out of me. That said there are some massive plot points that need tending to: the first is why Immortus is there. Isn't he a good guy at this point? Or at least, significantly more chill?

Immortus is a future version of Kang. The Avengers killing Kang at that point would have eliminated the possibility of Immortus existing. Immortus wouldn't be thrilled about that, "good guy" or not.

Second is that at some point Kang becomes Doom? Especially interesting that it's white cloak Doom, who we've only seen during Secret Wars.

Kang and Doom's relationship is very, very strange- he's been hinted at being a descendant of Doom more than a few times during his history- but those two time travel so much that either one could be both decendant or ancestor depending on how history plays out. It's likely meant to imply that eliminating Kang *also* would prevent a future version of Doom from coming into being, and that Doom wouldn't be all that pleased about it. It's not Secret Wars/Battleworld Doom- Battleworld was Universe 7 and that's no longer in the timeline of Universe 8.

Third is future Vision. If he's not longer based on Simon, them who is he based on? My bet is Kang. It explains his knowledge and investment in this.

that would be bizarre, since wiping out Kang throughout the timestream as they intended to do would also have wiped out future vision, and caused all kinds of time paradox catastophes. I don't see this one being plausible. Probably just meant to hint at just how altered Vision had allowed himself to become- and imply he may not be entirely heroic.

Fourth is Avenger X. Was the past inadvertantly rewritten for her to be a hero? Did she not exist prior, amd the Kooky Quartet story taking place after these events? And why would her grave show up in the Parker Industries basement?

She existed, and the epitaph is the same as before- I don't think the Avengers ever found out what happened to her though- the ending seems to imply that they eventually DID, and maybe even resurrected her somehow. That last shot wasn't the parker industries basement BTW- it was whatever tower or base future vision was in, where he was storing the future kangs in that time device.

l.

someone mentioned it's meant to echo the original wasp/parker relationship from decades ago- the two apparently didn't like each other. I agree it seems forced and nonsensical, but teenage girls don't really always have rational reasons for liking or disliking people.

Damn, reading through the Black Monday Murders trade, this shit is gooood. Really reminding me of the nighty news or pax romana. He might not be on the art itself but this feels like a *pure* Hickman book. The purest in a long while anyway.

Damn, reading through the Black Monday Murders trade, this shit is gooood. Really reminding me of the nighty news or pax romana. He might not be on the art itself but this feels like a *pure* Hickman book. The purest in a long while anyway.

Yeah, I really dig that series. It helps that each issue is about 50 pages. No way you can do this kind of story with 30-page issues.

Some great number ones coming this week...Rose looks like it could be cool and I'm terribly excited for Godshaper, because Spurrier

Anybody ever read any books from Scout Comics? Never heard of them but they have a couple of new books this week that look interesting too. I might just try one but was curious if they have a good/bad rep

Super sad to preorder the last ish of Power Man and Iron Fist as Danny's new book has been disappointing and is looking like a drop.

That's just it though.

It reminded me of Cass at the beginning of tec...she was just sort of present in a worse costume with a worse codename. Yet Rachel had a lot of dialogue, so why did I come away with that impression? Because she's not written like Rachel or with much personality at all.

I know she's a tough character to write but I found all of her bits boring and unsatisfying. Tack on the extremely terrible costume and depiction of her powers and she's almost a book-ruining presence. Bleh.

Isn't it THE BEST

GOD I love that book

Royals #1
Fantastic #1. Great art, great designs, spot on voices for the characters, great motives. I have a question and a theory to pose. My question is
who is Noh-Varr holding in the tank? Is the the Kree Supreme Intelligence? Why does he have it? And even then, is it the one from this universe, or his? I didn't read Black Vortex, so I don't know how much was explained in there.

My theory:
Black Bolt doesn't return from the voyage. He gets catapulted forward in time after some event where he burns out his vocal cords. Medusa lives based on what they find and Noh-Varr isn't able to return to his Earth. And somehow this all fixes Hala.

Hawkeye #5
Aaaaaw yeah my girl teaming up with other girl. Dope as fuck and a super weird twist. If this book is gonna be seemingly average cases with ridiculous twists, then I'm game.

Jessica Jones #7
Damn the drama is REAL. I really like a couple moments,
one being when she's standing in the liquor store. That's powerful storytelling, because it says, "this is a new Jessica, but she still struggles with her demons." It's great stuff. I also really like Dani wearing the Cap shirt. Foooooooooreshaaaaaadoooooowiiiing.

My big question here is:
is that Maria Hill's LMD, or is that actually her in Jess' bathroom? I'll assume Maria, and the "me" that got murdered is her LMD.

Yeah, I really dig that series. It helps that each issue is about 50 pages. No way you can do this kind of story with 30-page issues.

Isn't it THE BEST

GOD I love that book

Oh yea, it's fucking awesome. I totally agree about the issue length too. This is a book begging to be dug into and a proper time investment given over; a sacrifice if you like. It really gives back though, having a blast working through this. The background in graphic design is indispensable with Hickman.

That sucks the new Iron Fist is a big meh. I knew Brisson would be a question mark but Perkin's art looks great in the previews.

Sandfox

Some great number ones coming this week...Rose looks like it could be cool and I'm terribly excited for Godshaper, because Spurrier

Anybody ever read any books from Scout Comics? Never heard of them but they have a couple of new books this week that look interesting too. I might just try one but was curious if they have a good/bad rep

Super sad to preorder the last ish of Power Man and Iron Fist as Danny's new book has been disappointing and is looking like a drop.

That's just it though.

It reminded me of Cass at the beginning of tec...she was just sort of present in a worse costume with a worse codename. Yet Rachel had a lot of dialogue, so why did I come away with that impression? Because she's not written like Rachel or with much personality at all.

I know she's a tough character to write but I found all of her bits boring and unsatisfying. Tack on the extremely terrible costume and depiction of her powers and she's almost a book-ruining presence. Bleh.

Isn't it THE BEST

GOD I love that book
If Walker writes his Luke Cage series like his Shaft books, that should be good at least.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ok Gaf, I'm at this point again where I really miss comic books but I can't choose what to read, because I hate myself for being so interested in anything in an industry that publish books like candy.
So let's try it another way. I love comics, I love DC, MARVEL, IMAGE, INDIES, you name it. What are the must read these days ? I know that it's probably too vague a question and don't expect to find the solution to my fucking conundrum here but the only way to know is to try.

I don't even know how to build a pull list, as traditionally I did it with the full Diamond order form but this is just too much to choose from.

Ideally I would read the big two, many Image, some DH and Indies. As even that is impossible these days because time and money, I could try just the core DC / Marvel and some Image, DH and Indies.
The side question is what is the core of each big pub ? For DC I would guess Batman / Superman / Wonder Woman / JLA but for Marvel I have no idea.

1/ So what are the must read these days ?
2/ What would you say are the cores of DC and Marvel ?

For anyone that might find my posts here annoying, as rare as they might be, I'm truly sorry, it's not my intention to thread shit. I just want to take all the help I can get.
Because the other solution is not reading comics, and it sucks (but I fully expect that ultimately it will be the only solution for me).

Black Hammer from Dark Horse
Slam! from Boom
Monstress from Image
The Fix from Image
Birthright from Image

I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I tell you that America might be the worst comic book I have ever read in my life

I say this as someone who really likes America and was extremely excited for her to get a solo. But two issues in this books such an incomprehensible mess of tone and narrative that I have lost track if what it is even going for. You go from everyone fawning over America to her saving the day to her blowing up at her girlfriend to college to Hitler all in 20 pages. It is a disjointed catastrophe of writing and the art is not any better. It's like every Lifetime movie running simultaneously through a comic book lens.

I don't get what is with all the menstruation references, too. Menstruation doesnt gross me out at all and I think a comic with a female lead is in a great position to acknowledge periods are a thing, but...Like, am I that out of touch with the LBGT community (I like to think I am pretty involved) or is "What in the holy menstruation" the most random saying for her to come up with? It reads like the author mixed up being queer and those esoteric radfem blogs thst post a 10,000 word diatribe on why period blood is the best spread for toast

I am upset because if this book remains so mindbogglingly stupid then it is gonna fail and Marvel will go "SEE YOU HATE DIVERSITY" as a scapegoat when I really want diversity and the problem is literally everything else about the book.

^In general I think most of this wave's new books have been pretty bad so far but America was definitely the worst of the bunch.

That sucks the new Iron Fist is a big meh. I knew Brisson would be a question mark but Perkin's art looks great in the previews.

Yeah, too bad. :( There are a lot of problems with the writing and the concept. It's like they wanted to put Netflix Danny in one of the best Iron Fist stories (the Heavenly Tournament), so he is at low power and Walker's fantastic Fun Danny characterization is basically gone. There are a few attempts at humor, but it's largely weak sass. And the twist on the tournament doesn't make a lot of sense.

The art is pretty good, and I am giving it one more issue (I liked the first issue a little more than the second). But I feel this probably can't be fixed without a new writer and perhaps a new direction, and Marvel doesn't seem to do those things anymore until they're ready to completely relaunch the book.

Edit: Danny is INCREDIBLY dense in this book too, it's ridiculous

I only enjoyed the original YA run. The one with Marvel boy and others I didn't like much.

I agree for the most part. I know not everyone liked the art in v2, but I ADORE IT. That is what kept me reading. It's very unusual for me to stick with a book just for the art, too.

Oh and I couldn't abandon Loki...admittedly that was a factor

v1 is a modern classic. I am surprised you haven't read it Sandfox! :O

Sandfox

I agree for the most part. I know not everyone liked the art in v2, but I ADORE IT. That is what kept me reading. It's very unusual for me to stick with a book just for the art, too.

Oh and I couldn't abandon Loki...admittedly that was a factor

v1 is a modern classic. I am surprised you haven't read it Sandfox! :O
That book is before my time as a comic reader and I haven't read a ton of stuff from before I jumped in.

Top Bottom