• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

caliph95

I think I'm in love

C9Dh6gSU0AAjbZN.jpg
Hela does look hella cool though :)

Note to self, never use hella again ever in my life
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Looks like it could be fun, just hope they don't go too comedy/wacky with this though, ragnarok is meant to be the great battle that pretty much causes the end of the world, whereas the graphics are more boogie nights ha

I feel like that could just be the promotional team seeing the success of Guardians and wanting to duplicate the approach to trailers a little more.

Seems like it will be serious enough from the earlier parts in the trailer, but Thor may just be having more of a fun loving attitude. Which is fine in my opinion.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant deal with goth Cate guys...I just cant. There are feelings stirring inside.

Lewd feelings

I feel like that could just be the promotional team seeing the success of Guardians and wanting to duplicate the approach to trailers a little more.

Seems like it will be serious enough from the earlier parts in the trailer, but Thor may just be having more of a fun loving attitude. Which is fine in my opinion.

Yeah maybe, seems thats the in house MCU font for this year at least

I like fun loving Thor, I think thats what made the first Thor film so good, but just feel like the way his story has developed from Avengers 2 into this they were setting it up as he can sense a great impending danger is coming and things have got serious, almost like the time for joking is over and its time to go to war. Have to wait and see though, Cap Winter Soldier was a pretty serious film but still fitted some jokes in there and is probably the best Marvel film so far.

I like fun loving Thor, I think thats what made the first Thor film so good, but just feel like the way his story has developed from Avengers 2 into this they were setting it up as he can sense a great impending danger is coming and things have got serious, almost like the time for joking is over and its time to go to war. Have to wait and see though, Cap Winter Soldier was a pretty serious film but still fitted some jokes in there and is probably the best Marvel film so far.

Please don't listen to this man, Marvel.

This just hit me but the whole PR thing could also be a decision on how to approach the MCU Cosmic stuff as well. With this Thor movie not involving earth as much as the first two it could be wanting to associate them more with Guardians than the rest of the MCU and that's just their approach for the space stuff.

Please don't listen to this man, Marvel.

Hey don't get me wrong I love some of the MCU comedy, theres been some great moments, but I'm just saying that it might add to the stakes/tone of a film sometimes if its not as jokey.

Plus I was saying that to me thats how his story was seeming to be heading, I didn't set that up Marvel did with the second half of Avengers 2.

This just hit me but the whole PR thing could also be a decision on how to approach the MCU Cosmic stuff as well. With this Thor movie not involving earth as much as the first two it could be wanting to associate them more with Guardians than the rest of the MCU and that's just their approach for the space stuff.

Yeah that would be pretty cool actually, but would they keep it going into Infinity War, would that not be kind of cosmic too. They deffo could have it for Captain Marvel though.

Hey don't get me wrong I love some of the MCU comedy, theres been some great moments, but I'm just saying that it might add to the stakes/tone of a film sometimes if its not as jokey.

Plus I was saying that to me thats how his story was seeming to be heading, I didn't set that up Marvel did with the second half of Avengers 2.

Treating big Infinity War level "events" as having no room for levity is what got Marvel's comics in the shit state they're in currently. They should be bright and fun and crazy (Secret Wars) not a reenactment of the fucking Trump inauguration (actually happened in Civil War II The Oath).

ElNarez

Banned
You go and tell me some of the shots in the Thor Ragnarok trailer aren't straight-up out of the Zack Snyder school of Shot Composition and Color Grading for Purposes of Telling a Story Through Visuals.

Batman V. Superman won after all.

You go and tell me some of the shots in the Thor Ragnarok trailer aren't straight-up out of the Zack Snyder school of Shot Composition and Color Grading for Purposes of Telling a Story Through Visuals.

This is never Snyder's intent. He wants cool shots, not story.

Treating big Infinity War level "events" as having no room for levity is what got Marvel's comics in the shit state they're in currently. They should be bright and fun and crazy (Secret Wars) not a reenactment of the fucking Trump inauguration (actually happened in Civil War II The Oath).

Some events should definitely be bright,fun and crazy, but all I'm saying is not all events should be that. You can have both and go for different things, Secret Wars was a crazy mix of ideas and fun, but we got to Secret Wars through an avengers/new avengers run that was dark, intense, dramatic and made you think on bigger themes. I didn't see many jokes in the New Avengers incursion story into time runs out but doesn't mean a good, deep, layered story wasn't told. I'm not saying MCU should all be like that, I'm just saying why not go for different tones in different films.

Going back to my original point, from Thors story in the end of Avengers 2 I thought Ragnorak would be more Time Runs Out than Secret Wars is all I'm saying. Without seeing it maybe it will be. I'm still going be there at midnight to see it anyway ;)

Some events should definitely be bright,fun and crazy, but all I'm saying is not all events should be that. You can have both and go for different things, Secret Wars was a crazy mix of ideas and fun, but we got to Secret Wars through an avengers/new avengers run that was dark, intense, dramatic and made you think on bigger themes. I didn't see many jokes in the New Avengers incursion story into time runs out but doesn't mean a good, deep, layered story wasn't told. I'm not saying MCU should all be like that, I'm just saying why not go for different tones in different films.

Going back to my original point, from Thors story in the end of Avengers 2 I thought Ragnorak would be more Time Runs Out than Secret Wars is all I'm saying. Without seeing it maybe it will be. I'm still going be there at midnight to see it anyway ;)

I hear what you're saying. I do think, though, that Time Runs Out, while intense, still made room for fun, badass shit. I'll never forget the first issue reveal of the "Bad/SHIELD Avengers" costumes on the last page. So fucking great.

I think it's disingenuous to avoid the colors being used in that grading. You could make the same comment about Guardians and no one would ever accuse it of being drab and morose and completely full of shit.

Waititi is dropping every color in the spectrum into this movie and, yes, using them to tell a story, but the difference here is that story looks delightful, not completely full of shit.

I hear what you're saying. I do think, though, that Time Runs Out, while intense, still made room for fun, badass shit. I'll never forget the first issue reveal of the "Bad/SHIELD Avengers" costumes on the last page. So fucking great.

Yeah it still deffo had some fun moments, unworthy thor and hyperions last stand was pretty badass as well.

How often do you watch Sucker Punch??

Waaaaaaay too many times. Even still like maybe twice a year? It's one of those movies that I don't really like, but any time I see it on I will tune in because it's like a music video. I can just turn it on as background sound and occasional interesting visuals. I feel like it's on FX or TNT a lot, or at least used to be. Don't have cable anymore so not sure.

July solicits are starting to come out and Esad Ribic is doing at least one cover for Green Arrow. I can't remember him doing anything for DC before so that's cool. Also GA x WW team up!

GREEN ARROW #27

Written by BENJAMIN PERCY—Art by JAMAL CAMPBELL—Cover by OTTO SCHMIDT—Variant cover by ESAD RIBIC

”HARD TRAVELING HERO" part two! Oliver Queen is a pillar of morality. A champion of ethics. The essence of truth. Or at least he thought so. The self-described people's hero Green Arrow crosses paths with the Justice League's real paragon of virtue, Wonder Woman, when his cross-country fight against the Ninth Circle puts both heroes' muscle and mettle to the ultimate test.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive...n-arrows-face-off-with-wonder-woman-and-more/

Messi

July solicits are starting to come out and Esad Ribic is doing at least one cover for Green Arrow. I can't remember him doing anything for DC before so that's cool. Also GA x WW team up!

GREEN ARROW #27

Written by BENJAMIN PERCY—Art by JAMAL CAMPBELL—Cover by OTTO SCHMIDT—Variant cover by ESAD RIBIC

“HARD TRAVELING HERO” part two! Oliver Queen is a pillar of morality. A champion of ethics. The essence of truth. Or at least he thought so. The self-described people’s hero Green Arrow crosses paths with the Justice League’s real paragon of virtue, Wonder Woman, when his cross-country fight against the Ninth Circle puts both heroes’ muscle and mettle to the ultimate test.

http://www.comicsbeat.com/exclusive...n-arrows-face-off-with-wonder-woman-and-more/

Can't wait to see the variant get delayed.

Heh all google shows are announcements and previews nothing on the book itself

haha Brandon did tweet on the 23rd of March:

i can't tell you a lot about the VS schedule but i CAN tell you that we are getting very close to where we'll probably solicit.
So I guess it's happening but yea, I won't hold my breath. It'll come out no doubt but sloooooowly.

Sandfox

That issue came out less than a week after the inauguration and I don't think thing the creative team is magic. People are just seeing what they want to see with the Trump connection. Also, I don't see how Secret Wars was bright.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That issue came out less than a week after the inauguration and I don't think thing the creative team is magic. People are just seeing what they want to see with the Trump connection. Also, I don't see how Secret Wars was bright.

A couple of the Tie-Ins were very bright but this is a special case due the many kingdoms.
Secret Wars itself had a couple of horrible jokes by Peter Quill and thats it.

caliph95

A couple of the Tie-Ins were very bright but this is a special case due the many kingdoms.
Secret Wars itself had a couple of horrible jokes by Peter Quill and thats it.
I mean it also had stuff with molecule man

Though i did laugh at thanos and cyclops trying to act like hotshit before getting one-shooted by Doom

tim1138

No announcement yet, but I would be surprised if they pull that much from Simmonson and havent him at least appear as another Gladiator in Ian Malcoms arena

In my perfect world Ronan would still be alive and they'd have the rights to Surfer and they'd have Bill show up in Thor 3 to seed an Annihilators movie.

Top Bottom