• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

mreddie

Slott confirms 12 isn't the last Surfer issue.

But with Allred doing DC stuff for now, I guess we might get a new artist or another relaunch.

Dusknoir

My LCS is closing this week and I feel like shit. For the owner because he was a really nice guy who took off 25% of the cover price and for my self because other other two LCS near me sell for nearly full price. Goddamn it.

Rereading Rumble tonight before I start in at vol 3. Great book, I love how it has interesting ideas but it has an explicitly funnier slant to it than the team's BPRD run did.

Ive literally hardly touched Persona 5. On holiday for Easter so tons of free time right now but man, I just keep playing Yokai Watch 2 lol.

error4041

Kingpin is ramping up nicely. Still not sure how I fell about the writer lady, she's a fin character, but the books seems to focus more on her that Kingpin, hopefully the focus shifts more towards Fisk over the next few issues.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It wasn't one of those instant dislike things. He was fine at first, but the further you progress, you see what a piece of shit he really is.

Exactly. He's just so totally dumb.

Also, on topic, there was another page in today's Squirrel Girl that was so perfectly unique to that book, and it also makes me really happy:

Villain is monologuing at Squirrel Girl about how she wastes her abilities by teaching a bank robber how to better manage his finances so he doesn't have to rob banks,
which is shown in flashback by Doreen tying the robber up and having him read a book titled "So You've Discovered some Significant Downsides to Late Stage Capitalism".

Long live North and Henderson.

tim1138

Rip Hunter
was not who I was expecting to show up in Hal Jordan to kick off the next arc, but in hindsight it makes perfect sense.

Ross61

King New Gods. Oh no. At least better than no New Gods I guess.
giphy.gif

tim1138

Messi will be happy,
Catwoman
and
Poison Ivy
are going to show up in Birds of Prey.

-edit-

Looks like Aquaman is going to once a month

Ross61

Messi will be happy,
Catwoman
and
Poison Ivy
are going to show up in Birds of Prey.

-edit-

Looks like Aquaman is going to once a month
You don't get Seljic twice a month. But that's what I wanted for the title a while ago. Hopefully when Seljic is done Brad Walker can come back and actually do a full arc.

caliph95

Eh, it never bothers me. He's a hack, we all know this.

It's like your brain automatically hiding your nose from view.
I wish i don't notice this stuff, usually i don't critically of art except if it looks pretty but all the Land jokes now i can't stop noticing the bloody faces, the book is fine and actual want to see the team up of Logan and Creed

Rumble vol. 3 - Really great volume and a really good blow off to everything that had been building, pretty much since #1. I love how well fleshed out all the characters are on both sides of the conflict, and how Arcudi deftly flits between them and gives everyone their moment. No idea where the book goes forward from here but I'll definitely be onboard when it comes back.

Kakaroach

Am I the only one who didn't love Deadly Class? Amazing premise, but way too much teenage angst and absurdity. They're all hardcore druggies and love to sleep with one another. I dunno man, I thought it had so much potential.

Sandfox

Am I the only one who didn't love Deadly Class? Amazing premise, but way too much teenage angst and absurdity. They're all hardcore druggies and love to sleep with one another. I dunno man, I thought it had so much potential.
Well it is a Remender comic. He likes to do that stuff and sometimes it got awkward in regards to his Marvel work.

Top Bottom