• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Kssio_Aug

Probably because Slott and Bendis (the writers on ASM and Miles Morales, respectively) get the fuck bashed out of them. And Miles is from the Ultimate universe, which also gets its fair share of bashing.

I'm entirely new to this, but that also surprises me. I have read many people saying that Bendis Daredevil is an amazing work! But yeah, I guess you're right cause indeed I've just read some Bendis bashing, maybe Daredevil is one exception for the guy.

caliph95

Oh he is the guy writing Valiant High
C9ouYcZWsAEhy3f.jpg:large

caliph95

I'm entirely new to this, but that also surprises me. I have read many people saying that Bendis Daredevil is an amazing work! But yeah, I guess you're right cause indeed I've just read some Bendis bashing, maybe Daredevil is one exception for the guy.
Bendis is hit and miss, besiides creator owned works he is good with street levels and books with a single main characters but is not good at team books though he made some good Avengers stories

On one hand you get his amazing Daredevil which is the most well regarded run besides Frank millers but then you get guardians of the galaxy which is shit.

mreddie

Planning a Secret Empire OT, this is the roadmap, I'm I missing any issues? Do I need to explain Red Skull getting Prof X's brain?

tYldVtH.jpg

Apply a meta-score to comic book reviews seems dicey since there are so few reviews. Several of the last issues of Spider Man only have three or four reviews. So one person who just loves or hates it could skew the results.

Then use the user reviews from the same links. Or go to Comixology where the user rating is pretty much 4-stars for both books.

Planning a Secret Empire OT, this is the roadmap, I'm I missing any issues? Do I need to explain Red Skull getting Prof X's brain?

tYldVtH.jpg
The inhumans are running one of the main tie-in books launching in the event(Secret Warriors) so you might want to feature DoX/IvX.

I expect the event thread to die aside from the usual posters around #3.

mreddie

The inhumans are running one of the main tie-in books launching in the event(Secret Warriors) so you might want to feature DoX/IvX.

I expect the event thread to die aside from the usual posters around #3.

Same but THE BUTTON is getting a OT so let's say fuck it.

Plus, IvX isn't really major, it seems Cap will go after Mutants and Inhumans.

I would definitely mention both the Red Skull gaining Prof X's powers in the first Uncanny Avengers arc, and the most recent one in which
he is defeated and loses them
. Maybe also the recent return of Doc Ock since it seems he will factor into the story somehow. Nice work eddie.

Hey this is kind of cool ,you can read #1 of Harrow County for free here: Click

I liked the first volume of the book. Still in love with the artwork but was a little less enamored with the 2nd and 3rd, Bunn wasn't giving the right amount of time to certain plot moments and changes imo but I need to reread and decide if I want to keep going. Anyway, free issue, and it's pretty.

(Just realised, the tweet I spotted the link in is new, but the actual link is ages old haha there you go anyway)

Nice work eddie.

.......................How have I always read it as M Reddie until now? Like M Bison. But Reddie.

Ugh zero issue, fcbd issue and nine regular issues. I am going to be so happy to have these bloated-ass mega-events in the rearview

I am much happier with the tie-in situation this time, especially since I've already dropped like half of those books. Sucks that Ultimates is getting hit again though

mreddie

Ultimates is only 1 issue this time, I think Royals will hint at it too. Might skip the "Opening Salvo issues" in the timeline since USAvengers haven't done much to tie in til the upcoming issue.

July solcitis are tomorrow so I'll wait to add the tie ins til then.

Ugh zero issue, fcbd issue and nine regular issues. I am going to be so happy to have these bloated-ass mega-events in the rearview

I am much happier with the tie-in situation this time, especially since I've already dropped like half of those books. Sucks that Ultimates is getting hit again though
And New Avengers/USAvengers yet again. I'm sad Ewing always gets stuck with so many issues that needs to tie-in somehow.

mreddie

And New Avengers/USAvengers yet again. I'm sad Ewing always gets stuck with so many issues that needs to tie-in somehow.

Luckily it's only 1 for U2 and USAvengers is the main one, but yeah, that's the curse of Ewing.

I feel for Stohl, her book seems to be rebuilding Carol...NOPE TIE IN.

I'm just impressed one of the two core Avengers titles doesn't have any announced tie-in so far. That hasn't happened in...literally a decade plus, I think?

Both those books are kinda bad tho so who cares. Waidvengers has always been middling but USAvengers is not nearly as good as New Avengers was

I'm just impressed one of the two core Avengers titles doesn't have any announced tie-in so far. That hasn't happened in...literally a decade plus, I think?

Both those books are kinda bad tho so who cares. Waidvengers has always been middling but USAvengers is not nearly as good as New Avengers was
Avengers books are "core" titles at Marvel? Really feel like they haven't since Hickman left. Of course, sticking Waid on like half of them probably didn't help.

Now it's time for sleep~

Edit: Parody page went up while I was brushing my teeth:

Aphra is awesome

Zombeen are you okay

Avengers books are core titles at Marvel? Really feel like they haven't since Hickman left. Of course, sticking Waid on like half of them probably didn't help.

Now it's time for sleep~

Yes the team book with Captain America, Thor and Spider-Man is a core Marvel title

lol ;p

ElNarez

Banned

Before reading or writing a superhero comic you have to spend a week in an isolation tank, and then you have to head to the context-free Dome. There's protocols in place to make sure you are completely isolated from politics whenever you interact with superheroes.

Once I heard someone talk about Green Lantern / Green Arrow and they had to be put to death to contain the risk of transmission.

Dark Horse July solitics have an new oversized HC of Remender's End League series. I wasn't a big fan of the first volume back when it came out but for the collectors..

Mignola books are all the way down to just the new BPRD and Joe Golem. They are still being super secretive about what the new overall series will even be called, I imagine there will be at least one support book like Abe last time round, wish they would lay that stuff out. I have no problem with keeping the line lean if there's no need for other books though.

Top Bottom