• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Kssio_Aug

Spider-Men-II-cover-04162017.jpg

Again, with post Secret Wars, why do people still care?

Noob question, but why Secret Wars brought Miles Morales to the main Marvel Universe, right? How is ASM with Miles Morales in the same universe? And what actually happened to Ultimate Spider-Man?

It's being very well-received here, and has been since it dropped.

I was under the impression people were not liking Miles Morales too much. Safe to assume it's doing better than the current ASM?

Invisible Republic has been very good.

Yea, it's just the first volume I've read so far, but I think it's a pretty cool book, Bechko & Hardman are a great team, surprised one of the big two hasn't tried to snap them up for an arc or so of something during one of their multiple relaunches. From what I remember Boyd was good in the first vol too. The change in colours on Deadly Class is still bothering me a little, but he's a good talent, just jarring when that stuff changes over. Although I think I actually liked the change on Black Science.

Sou Da

Yea, it's just the first volume I've read so far, but I think it's a pretty cool book, Bechko & Hardman are a great team, surprised one of the big two hasn't tried to snap them up for an arc or so of something during one of their multiple relaunches. From what I remember Boyd was good in the first vol too. The change in colours on Deadly Class is still bothering me a little, but he's a good talent, just jarring when that stuff changes over. Although I think I actually liked the change on Black Science.

Your avatar reminds me, why don't we have a mignola-verse OT?

Sandfox

Marvel do too many teasers.
I'm guessing this is where the classic heroes return among other things. This is an interesting week to start teasing it given the Diamond retailer summit and C2E2.

There's still some stuff that needs to be cleared up about Miles that I personally want to see.
I'm still super confused over what Miles actually remembers. Does he always think he was born into the 616 (Did history change so that he was?)
Bendis said he remembers.

Noob question, but why Secret Wars brought Miles Morales to the main Marvel Universe, right? How is ASM with Miles Morales in the same universe? And what actually happened to Ultimate Spider-Man?

I was under the impression people were not liking Miles Morales too much. Safe to assume it's doing better than the current ASM?
Both Spider books have had fairly positive praise, with Miles being more consistent.

Keep in mind, I'm not reading either book, so that's based off of comments I've seen here.

Your avatar reminds me, why don't we have a mignola-verse OT?

Lack of interest I guess haha. I know Tizoc made a Hellboy OT a few years ago but I'm not sure it gained much traction. Even as a die hard fan, I read everything by trade so I usually can't offer up any that isn't 4 months out of date in the way of thoughts. It'd be cool if there's more fans out there in the larger gaf though, I see HB avatars around in gaming now and again, people that never post in here.

I assume the take is that Miles and family were integrated into the Marvel Universe, without actually overwriting the previous Miles.

Which of these is currently doing best in terms of quality? Amazing Spider-Man 2015 or Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man?

I've recently read Superior Spider-Man entirely and think it was pretty good. Then I've acqured One More Day, Brand New Day and Big Time to get some of the good old stuff as some people recommended, and was thinking about jumping to the 2014 and 2015 series... however I heard some bad things about it.

In the Ultimate Spider-Man series I've heard tons of good stuff, but it seems Miles Morales is not being so well received.

In quality? All metrics point to people liking Spider-Man slightly more than Amazing Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man is the flagship book though, so sales will always be higher. Miles' book is the next highest Spider-book, followed by Renew Your Vows, Spider-Gwen, and then a big gap until Spider-Man 2099 and Silk.

Vic_Viper

Shouldn't this be on comicvine and not gamespot?

Pretty sure they are shutting down Comicvine. Or atleast merging it with Gamespot.com, after G-Man left I cant imagine they will be keeping the site up. Wish they would give some info on the situation but it will probably just be kept quite.

Kssio_Aug

Both Spider books have had fairly positive praise, with Miles being more consistent.

Keep in mind, I'm not reading either book, so that's based off of comments I've seen here.

Yeah, I don't know why I was under the impression it wasn't doing good, probably some negative impressions I read. But I'm glad I was wrong!

In quality? All metrics point to people liking Spider-Man slightly more than Amazing Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man is the flagship book though, so sales will always be higher. Miles' book is the next highest Spider-book, followed by Renew Your Vows, Spider-Gwen, and then a big gap until Spider-Man 2099 and Silk.

Great! Thanks! Good to know they're doing good... I guess I can't go wrong then. =P
People seem to be ejoying Renew Your Vows a lot as well... I think I'll have to take a look!

Yeah, I don't know why I was under the impression it wasn't doing good, probably some negative impressions I read. But I'm glad I was wrong!
Probably because Slott and Bendis (the writers on ASM and Miles Morales, respectively) get the fuck bashed out of them. And Miles is from the Ultimate universe, which also gets its fair share of bashing.

Apply a meta-score to comic book reviews seems dicey since there are so few reviews. Several of the last issues of Spider Man only have three or four reviews. So one person who just loves or hates it could skew the results.

Can someone who cares about Valiant do a summary of their stream?

Mmm. Went over the known books. New faith led team book by Houser. Christopher Gage taking over Ninjak and rebooting it as ninja-k, more espionage driven. Kindt doing a divinity followup called Eternity that is equal parts Kirby and Moebius.

Thats the stuff so far.

Sandfox

Mmm. Went over the known books. New faith led team book by Houser. Christopher Gage taking over Ninjak and rebooting it as ninja-k, more espionage driven. Kindt doing a divinity followup called Eternity that is equal parts Kirby and Moebius.

Thats the stuff so far.

I'm not really a fan of Gage's writing.

Top Bottom