• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying he needs to censor anything he's saying, and I think the pc-twitter trend that this country is leaning into is horrific and horseshit, but in-between that bullshit he spews, come through with some sincere ass arguments. Maybe he has in the past? I like the dude, and I have no issue with shit-talking as long as its occasionally backed up with intellectual substance.

And I'd hope his argument is written better than Prophet.

He's said stuff before. I don't really find much in superheroes as a life changing concept or w/e but that's just me personally, more power to ya if you do

Final issue of Avengers in 2015.

Yep, full reboot. It's happening. Hype?

Welp. What are they even gonna do, the last Marvel NOW relaunch was full of fresh new creative teams and books. Start over again already?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
It's comics. Final issue usually means Avengers #1 next month. Or I Can't Believe It's Not Avengers As It Kinda Is #1.

Yes, this final issue of The Avengers will signal a reboot of the MU. Not the final issue of Fantastic Four or X-Men or Uncanny X-Men or The Avengers or New Avengers or The Avengers or The Avengers or The Avengers.

(This was vol. 5 of The Avengers, IIRC)

I'll agree with others that it's probably not happening, that said though.

If they do it, I wonder how it'll go down. Full on reboot back to the beginning, original X-Men, Parker in high school, FF just got their powers like CoIE, or 5 - 10 years in like N52.

I'm not going to lie, if they did a reboot where we got the original X-Men having just formed X-Factor, and the second group have just become X-Men. Like before Angel lost his wings, I would buy all the issues, all of them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yes, this final issue of The Avengers will signal a reboot of the MU. Not the final issue of Fantastic Four or X-Men or Uncanny X-Men or The Avengers or New Avengers or The Avengers or The Avengers or The Avengers.

(This was vol. 5 of The Avengers, IIRC)

I think people only think it's signaling a reboot because of what Hickman's been doing in his run. I doubt they do it, it's probably just a change in writers.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It makes perfectly sense from a business perspective to start a new Avengers Volume right before the new Avengers movie starts.

Also, dont forget that Axis just starts in November, so even when I dont know how long the Event is planned to go, it wont be over before Februar. And one big outfall of Axis will be a lot ot new Status Quo, like Superior Iron Man, a good Hobgoblin, etc. They wont go for just two months.

Its a new Avengers Volume with new artists. Dont be scared.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'll agree with others that it's probably not happening, that said though.

If they do it, I wonder how it'll go down. Full on reboot back to the beginning, original X-Men, Parker in high school, FF just got their powers like CoIE, or 5 - 10 years in like N52.

I really like how despite the insistence on returning to a status quo characters have been allowed to age and sometimes change. Doing the origin merry go round again would be awful.

MG310

Yo, Avengers, keep your big time universe altering stuff out of my solo books.

I think just getting back to a baseline group of Avengers will be good though...guessing it'll be the movie team which I'm fine with. Seems like Wanda will be at least be free of some of the House of M baggage by the time Uncanny Avengers is done anyway. It'd be nice to see Quicksilver back with them as well.

It makes perfectly sense from a business perspective to start a new Avengers Volume right before the new Avengers movie starts.

Also, dont forget that Axis just starts in November, so even when I dont know how long the Event is planned to go, it wont be over before Februar. And one big outfall of Axis will be a lot ot new Status Quo, like Superior Iron Man, a good Hobgoblin, etc. They wont go for just two months.

I wonder what New Avengers will be doing after Hickman, if it will be focusing on the Illuminati still
unlikely?
or if there will be a brand new team.

Tomodachi

I hope they don't reboot anything, I'm struggling right now with catching up with a lot of stuff thanks to Marvel Unlimited (new comics reader here) and I'm having a blast.
I'm reading Amazing Spider-Man 1963 (yep), Captain America vol.5, Guardians of the Galaxy 2008, Books of Doom, Hawkeye and trying to read the whole House of M story arc strictly in order of publication (Cap America #10 got me interested). Great stuff.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member

I agree, but Axis will take place before the Avengers book chronologically. The next arc will star Superior Iron Man and what have you. The movie timing is probably on the money. Hickman's run was all about going bigger so I'm guessing the new run will downsize the roster again to match the movie line-up better. I'm gonna guess either Aaron or Fraction will get to play with these toys this time.

Uhh...

It looks like Absolute Transmetropolitan 1 will collect issues 1-21. But it is going to cost $125. :/

Absolute Y The Last Man 1 collects 1-20. $125 again.

I agree, but Axis will take place before the Avengers book chronologically. The next arc will star Superior Iron Man and what have you. The movie timing is probably on the money. Hickman's run was all about going bigger so I'm guessing the new run will downsize the roster again to match the movie line-up better. I'm gonna guess either Aaron or Fraction will get to play with these toys this time.

Fraction isn't doing anything at Marvel after Hawkeye

I've been enjoying Original Sin. Last issue or two haven't been my favorite buts its good. Nice art. I haven't been reading any tie-ins .
I was packing up some comic shieet and forgot I have Original Sin #0 signed by Jim Cheung and Mark Morales. :)

-

Daredevil #8
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=23252
Samnee is back with new colorist. Colors look good. Darker/deeper maybe?
I've said it before, I never have been much into Daredevil, but sense I've started reading it (relaunch) it has been really good, really enjoy every issue.

Final issue of Avengers in 2015.

Yeah, for some reason, I keep on thinking that this is going to turn out to be a massive troll on Hickman's part. Like, it'll build up to a reboot and then be something completely different.

It is possible it's wishful thinking on my part. But following how DC's New 52 has kinda been struggling... it doesn't seem like a great move. Of course, they're owned by Disney now and Disney got rid of the Star Wars EU because it was too complicated... so who knows.

I've been enjoying Original Sin. Last issue or two haven't been my favorite buts its good. Nice art. I haven't been reading any tie-ins .
I was packing up some comic shieet and forgot I have Original Sin #0 signed by Jim Cheung and Mark Morales. :)

Definitely one of the best events I've read.

The only tie-in I read was Hulk vs. Iron Man, which I really enjoyed.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It is possible it's wishful thinking on my part. But following how DC's New 52 has kinda been struggling... it doesn't seem like a great move. Of course, they're owned by Disney now and Disney got rid of the Star Wars EU because it was too complicated... so who knows.

Its a complete different situation. Star Wars Expanded Universe had crippled the production of a new Movie, since booth were set in the same universe.

Marvel Movies and Comics are in different universes. Unless Disney wants to cut out Fantastic Four, X-Men and Spider-Man, what they will never do, because fuck Avengers, Fuck Iron Man, these Francises sell like a joke in Comicbook form and are not nearly as well knowcompared to Spider-Man alone.

Ah, I see. Sticking with the Aaron guess then.
He had to drop both X-men books Cuz he was working on too many comics. I think between Thor, southern bastards, men of wrath, and Star Wars he's reached the breaking point. In fact his blog said as much

kswiston

Actually, Axis starts in October, and since it is triple shipping, it will be over in December or early January at the latest. November solicitations already list Axis #4-6 (of 9). Considering the Lag time between infinity and Original Sin, it's not that far fetched for Marvel to be rolling out their next event/status quo in April/May. These things aren't given room to breath.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Actually, Axis starts in October, and since it is triple shipping, it will be over in December or early January at the latest. November solicitations already list Axis #4-6 (of 9).

Still, they wont make a big Event for changing the status quo for 5 months. We can relax. It will be just the end of Hickmanns Run.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
He had to drop both X-men books Cuz he was working on too many comics. I think between Thor, southern bastards, men of wrath, and Star Wars he's reached the breaking point. In fact his blog said as much

Doesn't necessarily mean he's not doing this. Could have dropped X-Men to make room for this gig. At the moment Avengers is higher profile than X-Men so I could see him cutting stuff for this. No clue who it could be otherwise. A return to Bendis would be theoretically possible since the guy's a machine in terms of output but he overstayed his welcome on the franchise already. Soule could be possible as I think they're grooming him for stuff like this, but it's too early for him right now. Slott's hit the big boy table with his Spider-Man run, but he's probably clinging to that book and can't multitask as well.

Doesn't necessarily mean he's not doing this. Could have dropped X-Men to make room for this gig. At the moment Avengers is higher profile than X-Men so I could see him cutting stuff for this. No clue who it could be otherwise. A return to Bendis would be theoretically possible since the guy's a machine in terms of output but he overstayed his welcome on the franchise already. Soule could be possible as I think they're grooming him for stuff like this, but it's too early for him right now. Slott's hit the big boy table with his Spider-Man run, but he's probably clinging to that book and can't multitask as well.

Slott has a hard enough time juggling Spidey and Silver Surfer as it is.

I would say Remender, but he's doing Astonishing Avengers or whatever that's coming out of AXIS. Doesn't make much sense for him to launch a book out of his own damn event and then leave in 4-5 months when another Avengers book comes calling.

Its probably Alan Moore

kswiston

Still, they wont make a big Event for changing the status quo for 5 months. We can relax. It will be just the end of Hickmanns Run.

- Fear itself ended October 2011 and Avengers vs X-Men started April 2012
- Avengers vs X-Men ended October 2012 and Age of Ultron started March 2013
- Age of Ultron ended June 2013 and Infinity started August 2013
- Infinity ended November 2013 and Original Sin started May 2014
- Original Sin ends Sept 2014 and Axis starts October 2014

Do you really think Marvel has a problem starting an event 4-6 months after ending their previous event?

Messi

Please bring your logic and perfect sense elsewhere. This is COMICS-GAF.

m1xKaoP.gif

frye

Yo, in other news Rebellion is reprinting the first storyline of Jaegir for the North American market, out tomorrow. Of the recent 2000 AD strips, this is easily my favourite except for maybe the new Indigo Prime. Set in the Rogue Trooper universe (though you don't have to have read any; I haven't), this stars Kapiten-Inspector Atalia Jaegir (what a name!) as part of a war crimes investigation unit that ends up confronting unsavory monsters from her nation's and her own past.

It's a good time and def. worth a read.

proper fash aesthetic too

GAMEPROFF

Banned
- Fear itself ended October 2011 and Avengers vs X-Men started April 2012
- Avengers vs X-Men ended October 2012 and Age of Ultron started March 2013
- Age of Ultron ended June 2013 and Infinity started August 2013
- Infinity ended November 2013 and Original Sin started May 2014
- Original Sin ends Sept 2014 and Axis starts October 2014

Do you really think Marvel has a problem starting an event 4-6 months after ending their previous event?

They wont introduce Characters like Superior Iron Man for 5 months and make a big fuzz about it, like they did.

Of course at some point, Evil Tony Stark will go away and the normal Status Quo will be back. But its way to soon this way.

Also, they wont let female Thor, black Captain America and Evil Iron Man act in the final Event of Earth 616. They would bring back Steve Rogers, male Thor and good Tony Stark.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Slott has a hard enough time juggling Spidey and Silver Surfer as it is.

I would say Remender, but he's doing Astonishing Avengers or whatever that's coming out of AXIS. Doesn't make much sense for him to launch a book out of his own damn event and then leave in 4-5 months when another Avengers book comes calling.

Its probably Alan Moore

Remember remember the Rick of Remender. I did not. But yeah, he'd be a great pick. I'd like it. Forgot to mention Spencer too as he's been doing B-duty Avengers stuff, but I don't want him on the book.

I definitely wish Marvel spread their events out further. I think the length between Infinity and Original Sin is ideal and lets the books develop more between major arcs.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Marvel fucking loves #1s. Reboot or not, it's entirely expected for them to take any excuse at relaunching titles.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely wish Marvel spread their events out further. I think the length between Infinity and Original Sin is ideal and lets the books develop more between major arcs.

The new status quos have no time to breathe, as evidenced by them not being able to get Inhuman stuff off the ground. Original Sin is one of the least offensive events in that it doesn't really feel like a main one but it's still hurting. Stuff like Dark Reign at least allowed them to explore the concept more although I also felt it was ended a bit prematurely. Uncanny Avengers might as well have been an event book, but because it wasn't labeled as such people aren't treating the events in it as if they really had much weight.

To elaborate on the Remender possibility. Astonishing Avengers could be the New Avengers like companion to the main book if it's him.

kswiston

They wont introduce Characters like Superior Iron Man for 5 months and make a big fuzz about it, like they did.

Of course at some point, Evil Tony Stark will go away and the normal Status Quo will be back. But its way to soon this way.

Also, they wont let female Thor, black Captain America and Evil Iron Man act in the final Event of Earth 616. They would bring back Steve Rogers, male Thor and good Tony Stark.

Well, some of these events are starting next month or in October. If the Avengers books end with the lead up to a big incursion related event in May, and that event raps up in September or October, that would be pretty standard for new status quos.

So what was the point of All New Marvel Now.

By the time the event after Axis wraps up (probably next fall), most of those books will have been cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom