• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Why is Pee Gee only in earth 2?

Edit: holy shit I totally forgot she is in Harley for the next few issues, best team up EVARRRR

Messi

Just read Wolverine.
So, the end of this storyline is that Wolverine doesn't die, but just becomes James?

tumblr_m4g16ntGu91qbuypqo4_250.gif

COMICS!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I didnt read Wolverine, but to clarify -
Logan is now the guy he was, before the X-Gen kicked in? Or did he a body switch with this one guy Dog or how he was named?

ReiGun

Oh, we got an Aquaman fan here? I guess now's as good a time as any to ask for recommendations for getting into Aquaman. He and Green Lantern are the two main DC heroes I wanna read.

Peter David's 90's run and the New 52 run (both Johns and Parker) are what you want. Also, check out "Time and Tide" and "The Atlantis Chronicles" when you can.

Just read Wolverine.
So, the end of this storyline is that Wolverine doesn't die, but just becomes James?

Is it really? Ha ha ha ha ha ha holy fucking shit. You got me, Marvel. GG.

Damn Saga was good this month. I'm loving the Janitor. Also,
bahaha King robot. That was so ridiculous it worked.

Saga is always good. It hit a bit of a slump for a few issues, but its been picking up steam again with the last few.

Finished Avengers A.I. Goodnight sweet prince ;___;
Hunted down more stuff by Sam Humphries, saw that he wrote Legendary Star-Lord and Uncanny X-Force, so grabbed those. We'll see.

Need more Pym and Doombot, tho. They appearing anywhere?

Zombine

Banned
Damn not gonna lie Bat Lady is pretty awesome but Alana is the one pull in her weight around here...ya know, on drugs

Marko will probably be dead by the end of this story arc

You think so? I was always under the assumption that
both Alana & Marko
would be dead by some point.

Edit: WOW. Low #2 was a 10/10. what a radical departure from the first issue. This book is gonna be something special.

Messi

I am watching Orphan Black and the girl with the dreadlocks is pretty beautiful. Anyone know her characters name?

Isn't there an Orphan Black comic coming?

Messi

Cosima.

It's pretty impressive that Tatiana Maslany can effectively play so many characters that are so different from one another. I think she's up to seven parts at this point.

Dunno. Maybe?

I wasn't sure starting out but the more I watch the more I am impressed by her. 5 or so episodes in I no longer see them as the same character. It's kind of impressive.

I knew I seen a comic book was announced

unnamed-32-600x910.jpg

tim1138

I know you said you pull about 10 books every month Tim what are they? I thought you dropped Aquaman.

I only pull about it 10 DC books, I think my total monthly pull is like 15 or 16. Aquaman would have to go to total shit for me to drop it, I love those characters too much.

Off the top of my head I pull:

Annihilator
Aquaman
Astro City
Batman and Robin
Bob's Burgers
God Hates Astronauts
Infinity Man
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Justice League United
Manhattan Projects
Multiversity
Rocket Raccoon
Superman
Tiny Titans
Zero

I'm trade waiting Low and WicDiv.
A friend gives me her codes from Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer, and everything else from Marvel I read on Unlimited or in trade from the library.

In Oct and Nov I'll be checking out Babsgirl, Gotham at Midnight, and the new Kurt Busiek and Ray Fawkes Image books.

Lombaszko

I really want to support my local shop but they have like nothing for shelf copies. Today's Superman, Geoff John's, JRJR, and not a copy on the shelf. I get that having excess shelf copies is risky for them but jeez! I'm lucky to get a top ten book on the shelf.

Messi

I only pull about it 10 DC books, I think my total monthly pull is like 15 or 16. Aquaman would have to go to total shit for me to drop it, I love those characters too much.

Annihilator
Aquaman
Astro City
Batman and Robin
Bob's Burgers
God Hates Astronauts
Infinity Man
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Justice League United
Manhattan Projects
Multiversity
Rocket Raccoon
Superman
Tiny Titans
Zero

A friend gives me her codes from Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer, and everything else from Marvel I read on Unlimited or in trade from the library.

In Oct and Nov I'll be checking out Babsgirl, Gotham at Midnight, and the new Kurt Busiek and Ray Fawkes Image books.

Goodness, Wicked and the Divine is gonna read so well in trade. I wish I had that willpower.

No love for Gotham Adademy and Nocentiless Catwoman in October? Not even a trial issue?

kswiston

It was so... hokey and immature. Felt like a joke, tbh.

I can see a lot of heroes being pissed that the Illuminati was reformed. However, Cap joined that secret group, and was perfectly content to keep the entire world in the dark until the rest of the group stopped doing things the way he wanted to.

Ever since the reboot, the CBR message boards are a sterile, boring-ass wasteland full of overly emotional, report-happy crybabies. I got banned for a month over some joke. RIP.

Man wtf did I read in GOTG #18..

So Quill decided that he really didn't want to sacrifice himself.. and is gonna give thanos the Cube?

what a punk.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ever since the reboot, the CBR message boards are a sterile, boring-ass wasteland full of overly emotional, report-happy crybabies. I got banned for a month over some joke. RIP.
I only use the collectors edition board for infos on Marvel OHCs. The other areas of the board are really awful.

Anyway, the best way to discuss comics is here. Nice people, good atmosphere, funny runninggags. I am very happy that I joined ComicGAF :D

tim1138

Goodness, Wicked and the Divine is gonna read so well in trade. I wish I had that willpower.

No love for Gotham Adademy and Nocentiless Catwoman in October? Not even a trial issue?

Gotham Academy looks beautiful but I have zero interest in the plot. Catwoman might be my least favorite Bat character ever, that book does absolutely nothing for me.

LosDaddie

Banned
Most of the complaints I've read are about the first arc. It's probably the weakest in the series so far so I can't blame anyone for not liking it. A lot of people don't like Kang, who has been one of the main antagonists, but I love him. I'm a sucker for time travel shenanigans so I've been enjoying what he brings to the series.

Uncanny X-Force is really all you need to read before this. My best advice is to read that and if you enjoy it, give Uncanny Avengers a shot.

Uncanny Avengers is great, I'd definitely recommend it as I'd recommend reading Uncanny X-Force first.

Still disliked the art this week, some panels were way too cartoony for me in the context of the series.

Appreciated!

If it's the sequel to UXF, then I'll just plan on getting the omnibus (at release for half off). I'm a sucker for mainline Marvel & DC omnibi. And I'd imagine UA probably leads into Axis

Mafro

How is this series? I'll get the omni if the series is a good read.
Tied as my favourite comic just now along with New Avengers. It's basically a sequel to Remender's Uncanny X-Force run (I'd highly recommend reading all that first), and the Dark Angel Saga arc from that series basically acts as a prequel to the main plot and villains in this. If I remember correctly the first arc got a lot of negativity on here but that mostly seemed to be due to the lengthy delays, I'm sure some of the first four issues had almost 6 weeks to 2 months between them which was ridiculous considering Marvel were pushing it as their flagship book for the whole Marvel NOW! thing.

Bii

Man wtf did I read in GOTG #18..

So Quill decided that he really didn't want to sacrifice himself.. and is gonna give thanos the Cube?

what a punk.

I'm glad I didn't pick that issue up. I was really curious as to what happened after The Thanos Imperative. *sigh*

WEGGLES

I got Saga, Wayward, Low and Black Science this week.

Read Saga and Wayward while I was at work. Saga was absolutely awesome this week, and Wayward has me interested. I've yet to open Low, but I peeked in Black Science and the art is so awesome in that book... love it.

Zombine

Banned
oh yeah, I was thinking of checking that one out. Premise sounds pretty rad.

Remender and Image have honestly gotten me into the genre. I've always loved Star Wars and all that, but I've never dug too deep into actual Science Fiction literature. I've been enjoying myself and reading a lot of different books.

Annihilator
Aquaman
Astro City
Batman and Robin
Bob's Burgers
God Hates Astronauts
Infinity Man
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Justice League United
Manhattan Projects
Multiversity
Rocket Raccoon
Superman
Tiny Titans
Zero

How has JLD been since FE ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom