• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grayson #2 was very, very good. Seriously, Tim Seely and Tom King have the character nailed already. I have got more Dick Grayson personality in 2 issues than in 20+ Nightwing issues.

Green Arrow 34 and Green Arrow is done. I will not be following the new team. I'll get my Ollie fix from the show and JLU. Good send off though to the new team.

Busaiku

Man, I'm really not liking the standard Grayson covers thus far.
Not a big fan of the selfie one either, but it's the lesser of 2 evils.
The 75th anniversary cover was great though.

ReAxion

I am unnaturally hyped for this book, I am vibrating with the hype.

Wow they really are aging her down. No Ivy and Harley ect cameos and she has homework to do. Can you see current Babs needing to do homework?

5XCgZLg.png

tim1138

I am unnaturally hyped for this book, I am vibrating with the hype.

Wow they really are aging her down. No Ivy and Harley ect cameos and she has homework to do. Can you see current Babs needing to do homework?

Working on a Master's Thesis is not exactly doing homework brah.

manfestival

Hey I signed up for marvel unlimited thanks to the sale and I read some events (annihilation, house of m, some random shorter stories and, etc). I remember not liking world war hulk also back when I was reading the comics. Anyways, what are some good continuation comics to follow up on house of M. I was reading comics in 2007-2008 (I was reading iron man(loved extremis), nova, guardians, and a few offshoots).

What are some of the must read storylines that happened after? I do recall reading a skrull invasion but I found it pretty underwhelming at the time.

Sadist

Superior Spider-Man #32

Really, Anna-Maria A.I.? Eh. Btw, the Spider-Girl on the last page is Ashley from the Old Man Logan continuity right?
Story itself is pretty cool.

New Avengers #22

Didn't like the art. Dug the story, Namor is a huge fucking dick.

Miles Morales the Ultimate Spider-Man #4

:/ :/ :/ :/
Just reveal it's a clone man

Hey I signed up for marvel unlimited thanks to the sale and I read some events (annihilation, house of m, some random shorter stories and, etc). I remember not liking world war hulk also back when I was reading the comics. Anyways, what are some good continuation comics to follow up on house of M. I was reading comics in 2007-2008 (I was reading iron man(loved extremis), nova, guardians, and a few offshoots).

What are some of the must read storylines that happened after? I do recall reading a skrull invasion but I found it pretty underwhelming at the time.

Read Son of M, Silent Wars, Annihilation: Conquest, War of Kings/Realm of Kings, Thanos Imperative, annnnnd other stuff

I thought Iron Man: Director of SHIELD was a pretty good run, also really loved Thunderbolts around that time and Incredible Hercules. Secret Invasion was okay. Dark Reign is awesome. The full run of New Avengers by Bendis is great throughout.

I fell off after that during the Siege event so don't know if anything between that and Marvel Now! was worth reading.

tim1138

That four page preview for Moon Knight #7 was not good at all, yikes. Thanks to Korupt for hooking a brother up with digital codes for the first six issues, it was quality stuff.

Messi

Current series or 90s series?
For 90s series, start with Simeon's run.

I have read all of the current series, looking to get into the 90's run but its confusing with the one shots and change to simone.

How about reading Secret Six now? Just start at #1?

That four page preview for Moon Knight #7 was not good at all, yikes. Thanks to Korupt for hooking a brother up with digital codes for the first six issues, it was quality stuff.

Man, Korupt is such a nice dude. He also gave me 90% of the Superior Spidey issues.

That might be the best line in the entire series. Also, 2L bottles.
Lol, the water bottle thing is my favorite reoccurring joke. I really wish the series would get localized so I could try and get more of my friends to read it. It is absolutely hilarious.
Man, Korupt is such a nice dude. He also gave me 90% of the Superior Spidey issues.

That's why I love Marvel giving out the free digital codes with their books. It's a great way to share with friends.

Lol, the water bottle thing is my favorite reoccurring joke. I really wish the series would get localized so I could try and get more of my friends to read it. It is absolutely hilarious.

That's why I love Marvel giving out the free digital codes with their books. It's a great way to share with friends.

Meh, I would rather have my dollar back than being friendly. No offense. If Marvels true intention was to let people share, digital buyers would also get a code to give out or would be priced $1 cheaper. It's just an excuse for the 3.99 price point.

SRG01

Oh man, Superior Foes was fantastic and hilarious.

I can't say the same for New Avengers. What a filler issue... I can't believe I'm not waiting for the trade instead :(

GAMEPROFF

Banned

I really hope they start selling Softcover Trades with a digital codes soon.

Or at least making some kind of Amazon Audio-RIP like deal with Comixology, which gives me a free digital copy of all my yet bought Trades. While I love my physical books, its really cool to have a big digital collection.

(If somebody could send me the Amazing Spider-Man Silk-Issues via PM, I would be insanely thankfull ;-) )

I really think everytime Tim Seely scripts a Batman Eternal issue, he ask for an artist that channels Frank Quitely. This Andy Clarke guy love his little squiggly line details.

Meh, I would rather have my dollar back than being friendly. No offense. If Marvels true intention was to let people share, digital buyers would also get a code to give out or would be priced $1 cheaper. It's just an excuse for the 3.99 price point.

No worries, I completely agree with you. I was pretty upset that my two favorite Marvel books were bumped up to $3.99. I wish all of their books came with codes rather than just the $3.99+ stuff.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
New Avengers #22

Didn't like the art. Dug the story, Namor is a huge fucking dick.

Really didn't like the art and I'm usually not too picky in that department. Story was good, really wonder where this is going.

Batman Eternal was enjoyable. Nothing earth shattering, just good character work on everyone in the issue. Tim Seely is talented.

Detective Comics was kind of a let down, the conclusion of the arc just up and ended anti climatically.

Futures End was ok. I get some of the criticisms but I'm still enjoying it.

PsychBat!

Banned
Just read Legendary Star-Lord #2, one thing I found kinda odd. Is the Spartax empire predominantly white? Because why would having a black daughter matter?

kswiston

Really didn't like the art and I'm usually not too picky in that department. Story was good, really wonder where this is going.

New Avengers 24 cover showed Maximus, Namor, Black Swan, Philosopher Terrax, Thanos and two of his minions. I wonder if they are going to take over destroying the incursion earths since the heroes don't have the ability to do so.

Tizoc

I have read all of the current series, looking to get into the 90's run but its confusing with the one shots and change to simone.

How about reading Secret Six now? Just start at #1?

Oh Simone's Secret Six run started with Villains United, followed by the 6 issue mini, then the main series.

Guys, are there any Metal Gear Solid comics?

The comics tend to also infclude if not reference, stuff that got dropped from the games like Chinaman and Old Boy in MGS2.

Superior #32: Great to have Otto back. I hope they have some fun with this concept, the dimension hopping trying to get home reminded me of quantum leap.

Grayson #2: This was great. I like the book's concept by itself well enough, but what's making it stand out is a great depiction of Bruce and Dick's relationship and how Dick carries himself with Spyral in parallel. The last page made me sad that so many writers forget that the batfamily really cares about one another. Also, I'm bummed that it's getting interrupted by future's end.

New Avengers 24 cover showed Maximus, Namor, Black Swan, Philosopher Terrax, Thanos and two of his minions. I wonder if they are going to take over destroying the incursion earths since the heroes don't have the ability to do so.

Yea that's my guess

Hickman da god

ElNarez

Banned
Grayson #2: This was great. I like the book's concept by itself well enough, but what's making it stand out is a great depiction of Bruce and Dick's relationship and how Dick carries himself with Spyral in parallel. The last page made me sad that so many writers forget that the batfamily really cares about one another. Also, I'm bummed that it's getting interrupted by future's end.

I'd say I'm not looking forward to the interruption, but man, look at that solicit text.

Branded a traitor, Dick Grayson has become the most powerful hero in the newly resurgent and dominant Mother Russia – and now, he must battle the Beast from the East in one final struggle for supremacy!

I think someone is saying K G MOTHERFUCKING BEAST. I'd interrupt even the birth of my first child for the KGBeast. AND SO SHOULD YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom