• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was inspired by Mignola's art and tried my hand at the heavily-shaded style he has. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for my first time drawing heavy shadows. The perspective is a little off and the legs are a little too short, but oh well.

WHAT IS THAT FROM!?

Oof. I might be tempted to order more Dark Horse stuff... (AKA Hellboy and Robocop vs Terminator)

Dude go with this direction. That's really great stuff, and totally highlighting and favoring style over silly stuff like leg lengths or whatever. You are on the right track!!

Messi

It's diversity!

That book is fucking diverse.

Shutter-3-interior-2.png

:(

Why is he wearing a skeleton suit? Lol. I love this book.

Oh man the statue bug hit me hard. I spent the evening browsing eBay and stores viewing and mapping out all the statues I want. And....it was a lot :(

Now I'm off to visit my old comic book store tomorrow to peruse their statues. Great store and it was tough to break up when I made the cut to digital.

Part of me wants to go all out and buy them all. Well see!

He really is. I'm so glad Yost carried him and Aracely into New Warriors.

yjjNkEr.gif
ahahaha what the hell.
I'm back in for now, gawd I missed it.. resubbed some books and bought these <3
(see I wasn't lying Cheska ;o )

here's bonus pics from Tampa con last week

also bought this there...so what

I have a few more I can post tomorrow if you dudes want

Cool pickups, but aren't you a bit young to be posting on NeoGAF?

Cheska

Oh man the statue big hit me hard. I spent the evening browsing eBay and stores viewing and mapping out all the statues I want. And....it was a lot :(

Now I'm off to visit my old comic book store tomorrow to peruse their statues. Great store and it was tough to break up when I made the cut to digital.

Part of me wants to go all out and buy them all. Well see!
You need to post pictures of your current statues!! And definitely of any pick ups :D #statuegaf4life

I'm back in for now, gawd I missed it.. resubbed some books and bought these <3
(see I wasn't lying Cheska ;o )

OMGGGGGG, your son is so damn cute!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Man, I can't wait to have children of my own one day. Let them cosplay as whatever character they want, hopefully we can get a family theme going on haha.

You need to post pictures of your current statues!! And definitely of any pick ups :D
I plan too. I think I'll see how things shake out in the next week or so. I already bought a couple on eBay and I think tomorrow in some fashion a new set of items are coming home with me.

The DC death cover girls statue looks amazing but already sold out :( I also placed an order in for the Bruce timm black and white Harley but again it's hard to find these days

Messi

I plan too. I think I'll see how things shake out in the next week or so. I already bought a couple on eBay and I think tomorrow in some fashion a new set of items are coming home with me.

The DC death cover girls statue looks amazing but already sold out :( I also placed an order in for the Bruce timm black and white Harley but again it's hard to find these days

I just unpacked my Harley Quinn black and white statue today. It's beautiful.

Pic needs to replace Spock with Miguel and it will be perfect

Messi, you should read New Warriors. You'd love Aracely!
jigrUmo.png

Never heard of it. Will look into it as that panel looks nice.

I'm reading up on brian woods x-men because I love jubilee. Even if they've botched her character. But my main problem is all the characters sound the same. None if them really have a distinct character. The dialogue seems wholly interchangeable.

Timo

You guys do that Boom Humble Bundle? Has that been mentioned here?

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

I mostly did it to read lumberjanes, which isn't as exciting as I had hoped, though I think I'd like to get my niece to read these a couple of years down the line when she gets reading down a little better. I am oddly excited to read Hacktivist, just because it's so fucking wierd who the writer is. AND finally read Bee and Puppycat (I didn't forget my neogaf comic creating people). Sadly I already have all of Hit, Day Men, and Six Gun Gorilla, but now I got a digital version to go back to? I dunno.

Also, Day Men's story is pretty slack for me. I think I'm giving up on it for a while. It's sad because the first issue was pretty promising, and I love me some Stelfreeze.

Ya i posted it a few days back. i'm getting it next week, mostly for Six Gun Gorilla, Hit, and Dead Letters. Bit interested in Hacktivist, but more for Marcus To

Timo

Ya i posted it a few days back. i'm getting it next week, mostly for Six Gun Gorilla, Hit, and Dead Letters. Bit interested in Hacktivist, but more for Marcus To

If you haven't read Six Gun it's worth it just for that, it's my favorite series of 2013. Hit is pretty fun. I've only got the first issue of Dead letters so I am excited to read those other ones.

phoenixyz

I was inspired by Mignola's art and tried my hand at the heavily-shaded style he has. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for my first time drawing heavy shadows. The perspective is a little off and the legs are a little too short, but oh well.

Maybe it's because I read Sin City recently and are therefore more susceptible to this style but it somehow reminds me of Cart Life.

wait i am confused now, so is Six gun Gorilla just ONE single book or is it an ongoing series? Always thought the one i saw on amazon was just volume 1 or something...

Caught up on some chomix.

Red Lanterns Annual, Superdoom Annuals, Futures End and Batman Eternal down so far. All were very entertaining. Red Lanterns was especially crazy and I can't wait to see where it goes. Superdoom continues to deliver on the action and is doing a wonderful job of bringing the more recent Superman family characters like Shay, Harrow and Ghost Soldier into the mix as well as some more of the classics like Cyborg Superman and Steel.

Zombine

Banned
How is the Last of Us comic?

I loved it. The only problem I have is that Naughty Dog only treats it as Semi-cannon. The dialogue in the DLC makes things complicated.

wait i am confused now, so is Six gun Gorilla just ONE single book or is it an ongoing series? Always thought the one i saw on amazon was just volume 1 or something...

One and done. A majority of TPB's that are one complete arc get mistakenly listed as vol. 1.

ahahaha what the hell.

Cool pickups, but aren't you a bit young to be posting on NeoGAF?

Today I learned Spider Jerusalem is a small child. Brb, reconstructing my entire worldview.

ahahaha woops

You need to post pictures of your current statues!! And definitely of any pick ups :D #statuegaf4life

OMGGGGGG, your son is so damn cute!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

Man, I can't wait to have children of my own one day. Let them cosplay as whatever character they want, hopefully we can get a family theme going on haha.

yea it threw me off girls were asking to take pictures with him

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Those are gorgeous. He hasn't drawn any comics, has he?

Dude go with this direction. That's really great stuff, and totally highlighting and favoring style over silly stuff like leg lengths or whatever. You are on the right track!!

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

Maybe it's because I read Sin City recently and are therefore more susceptible to this style but it somehow reminds me of Cart Life.

I read Sin City really recently too (or at least the first two stories; still need to get back to it sometime and read the rest), so that was also a big influence. Haha. But wait, Cart Life that indie game? I can't say I understand why the drawing reminded you of that, but I'm pleased it evoked any kind of thoughts. :p

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=871271

Haha wow that thread. It's like the most stereotypical fanboy dc vs marvel war but between marvel movie studios? Movie GAF is so crazy. And of course I'm sure 90% would look down on comics themselves like they're above that stuff. I'm glad that type of dialogue doesn't seep into here. And As a 20+ year comic reader I'm just giddy we consistently get good to great comic book based movies these days. Regardless of the studio.

In other news I'm planning on seeing GotG today. I'm pretty pumped.

phoenixyz

But wait, Cart Life that indie game? I can't say I understand why the drawing reminded you of that, but I'm pleased it evoked any kind of thoughts. :p

Yeah, you know. Some dude, sitting on the curb, being temporarily overwhelmed by everyday struggle. That was my line of thought.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=871271

Haha wow that thread. It's like the most stereotypical fanboy dc vs marvel war but between marvel movie studios? Movie GAF is so crazy. And of course I'm sure 90% would look down on comics themselves like they're above that stuff. I'm glad that type of dialogue doesn't seep into here. And As a 20+ year comic reader I'm just giddy we consistently get good to great comic book based movies these days. Regardless of the studio.

In other news I'm planning on seeing GotG today. I'm pretty pumped.

Funny how the OP even writes bullshit like Wanda and Pietro started as Avengers xD

Zombine

Banned
Ordered both Blacksad books from IST for only $31 after shipping. I can't wait to read those. I'll probably just get all of the Hellboy Library Edition books as well.

I'm re-reading Monsters! & Other Stories. It's a quick and fun read.

Edit: LOVE that SM/WW cover

Edit 2: Messi, not trying to make you feel bad, but seeing that this was sold out made me so mad. Trying to get anything off Mondo is a fruitless effort on my part:

http://www.mondotees.com/Harley_Quinn_-_Batman_The_Animated_Series_7-Inch_p_1590.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom