• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get more info regarding this new Star Wars HC? Or just a link to read what it's about. I assume this is going to be one of the last Dark Horse Star Wars releases

Sure. It's the super-duper deluxe edition of the comic form of Lucas' original Star Wars draft. The HC/TPB came out a few weeks back, but this impressively-priced $99.99 edition includes a couple of extra books including concept art and the like.

25610.jpg

Oh my. I just might have to get this. Thanks for the info!

I'm going to be there as soon as IST puts it up. I've noticed that Dark Horse is pushing out the last of their Star Wars trades. The final volumes of Legacy II, Brian Wood's Star Wars, and the like are all releasing close together.

I usually throw them on eBay.. in fact I've just listed pretty much all of the current Batman run on there, can't afford my subscription anymore so I'm just going to sell off what I have. There's no comic shops or retailers anywhere near me - about a 2 hour drive to the closest, which is a bastard since I have to just go for an online sub and get them delivered so it up's the cost hence me not being able to afford a comic every month now. Not expecting many takers this time though for 32 issues.

Is hickman's god is dead any good. Comixology just added a bundle for it for a vague amount of time
Fucking awful.

jordisok

Picked up the Krang War and The City Fall Arcs.

Krang War is fantastic. Gotta admit I love Andy Kuhn's art on the turtles, the mikey one shot he did was incredible.

If anyone hasn't yet, read Utrom Empire, it's Kuhn again and Paul Allor, who always seems to nail his issues.

ThyList:
DC COMICS:
BATGIRL #34
BATMAN #34
BATMAN ETERNAL #19
F.B.P. #13
SUPERMAN / WONDER WOMAN #11

IMAGE:
ZERO #10

MARVEL:
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #5
INHUMAN #3 (maybe,,, I think?)
ORIGINAL SIN #7
SPIDER-MAN 2099 #2
UNITED STATES OF MURDER INC. #4

Messi

Guys, in the figureGAF thread Freeza has 1,194 posts and the next person has 461. I think we need to have an intervention. How many figures do you own Freezasaurus?

Zombine

Banned
Guys, in the figureGAF thread Freeza has 1,194 posts and the next person has 461. I think we need to have an intervention. How many figures do you own Freezasaurus?

There may have been a point where he has so many posts he is answering questions he posted.

I'll buy the Leia book they are making. Did I read that somewhere? Who's on it.

Messi, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you haven't seen the original trilogy nothing in that book will make sense. But it's Mark Waid and Terry "Women have bridges in their noses?" Dodson.

Messi

There may have been a point where he has so many posts he is answering questions he posted.

Messi, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you haven't seen the original trilogy nothing in that book will make sense. But it's Mark Waid and Terry "Women have bridges in their noses?" Dodson.

How hard could it be to understand a star wars book. Just shoot some guns and have lightsabers and pretty colours.

Wait.. Harley Quinn's Terry Dodson. You shit talking my boy Zombine?

Zombine

Banned
How hard could it be to understand a star wars book. Just shoot some guns and have lightsabers and pretty colours.

Wait.. Harley Quinn's Terry Dodson. You shit talking my boy Zombine?

I read X-Men longer than I should have because I love his art/covers.

GAMEPROFF

Banned

Its like reading Harley Books withouth to know who The Joker is, or the dude in the Bat-costume, or what the hell is going on in this strange city with so many crimes.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So is this original Star Wars draft actually good? Or just more of a collector's item?

Wait, are you serious? Did that actually happen?

Kipp

PM Sent with GOTG code.

Thanks! :p
I'm actually looking forward to reading it when I get the chance later today. It's always so exciting for me to be able to read something from the same run that other people are currently reading. So rare for me, being a trade waiter.

Messi

Why read a book about a movie trilogy you won't watch?

I've always liked how Leia looks and people seem to dig her as a character. Maybe I wouldn't pick it up. It would all depend on reviews and art.

I like books where the woman is the hero so sue me.

Fuck movies.

Its like reading Harley Books withouth to know who The Joker is, or the dude in the Bat-costume, or what the hell is going on in this strange city with so many crimes.

That wouldn't bother me. Her new series is a testament to that. She is a great character even without Joker and Bats.

Kipp

I've always liked how Leia looks and people seem to dig her as a character. Maybe I wouldn't pick it up. It would all depend on reviews and art.

Fuck movies.

That wouldn't bother me. Her new series is a testament to that. She is a great character even without Joker and Bats.

Messi, you crazy.
I'm not even a big Star Wars fan or anything, but those movies are a massive part of our culture. They're essentially required to be part of Western Civilization.
It'd be, what, a six hour time commitment?

Cheebo

Banned

Fuck movies.

The original Star Wars trilogy (the original originals) are better than any comic book you have likely read in your life. Watch them.

Fuck movies.

What do I have to do to get you to watch the movies? I'm willing to deal with the devil here.

Hagi

Catching up on New Avengers through Marvel U and man this is some heavy stuff. I much prefer this to Hickmans rather dull run on Avengers, focusing on just the Illuminati and Swan is a lot more interesting than reading Avengers and its ever expanding cast.

There's this inate arrogance to these characters who (apart from Namor lol) are deemed the brightest our planet has to offer, its great to see how far from the edge they are willing to jump and how easy they do it. I'm still waiting for them to fuck up which is the usual outcome of their ego. I mean they left 20 or more planet killing bombs with zero security for Thanos of all people to mess with them.

Need to find codes for #15 to current for more shenanigans.

The original Star Wars trilogy (the original originals) are better than any comic book you have likely read in your life. Watch them.

This only works if you think the only comics he's read are Nocenti's run on Catwoman.

Messi, do you even Green Arrow Emiko, bro?

---

Just finished Green Arrow #34. Hell of a ride. Going to miss Lemire/Sorrentino a ton but really curious to see where it goes from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom