• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYRANT!

Thank you!

And that part in the current Guardians ongoing where Tony and Gamora slept with each other was great. She's one of my favorite members of the team (along with Rocket Raccoon and Mantis), she's hilarious.
VSnMvSl.png

tim1138

CBR has a preview of the second issue of the new Suicide Squad book. It has five credited artists, none of whom drew the first issue. Already off to a great start there.

The first issue was somewhat decent. Shame brahs don't have any work ethic to draw a second issue. Good thing I am not buying any comics this month..........

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question I don't see asked much, but looking to dig into some What If?s and I want to know from those who read What If?, what are some of your favorite ones?

Bii

I don't even know why they did. It should have been canned, and then Secret Six launched in its place. Suicide Squad is just a poor-man's Secret Six anyway.

Maybe they're doing it for promotional purposes since the Assault on Arkham animated movie will be out soon.

I'm nearly caught up with all of my floppies. I fell a bit behind after attending SDCC but I'm almost back to where I was! Trades, on the other hand, is 40+ deep in my backlog.

Question I don't see asked much, but looking to dig into some What If?s and I want to know from those who read What If?, what are some of your favorite ones?

One of my favorites that I've actually read was "What if the Fantastic Four had lost the trial of Galactus?"

The real answer is, of course, "What if Dazzler had become the herald of Galactus?"

A wild Supes book reader appeared!

Yeah I love everything Superman so I'll typically go all in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One of my favorites that I've actually read was "What if the Fantastic Four had lost the trial of Galactus?"

The real answer is, of course, "What if Dazzler had become the herald of Galactus?"

I like the more plausible ones, but I do admit, some of the zany ones are great as well. I do like most of the Punisher ones.
because the Punisher is dabes

tim1138

Very schway. Will enjoy yhe one issue of it since DC and others can't launch books with artists. New Suicide Squad, Infinity Man and Storm's first three isuess will all be drawn by different people......

I can't speak for the other books, but Giffen was pretty open about missing the second and third issues of Forever People before coming back for good with issue four.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Half way through Morrison animal. It's pretty awesome . Going to hop into doom patrol when I'm done
Good call. The second half of Animal Man is wild, and it will totally barely prepare you for Doom Patrol.

Bii

:O jealous of your Monogatari stuff, I just have the Senjougahara figma

It's my birthday today, so that means I get to
not
read my new books. I did start Doom Patrol last night and I'm digging it so far.

Happy birthday Tyrant! It feels like I should address you by your actual name but Tyrant will do. :)

-

Original Sin #5.1-5.3
aka Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1-3

After the Watcher's eye revealed some secrets, Thor finds out he has a sister. And that is his only train of thought throughout the three issues I've read so far. HOW DO WE GET MY SISTER? WHERE IS MY SISTER? ...SISTER?! SHOW ME MY SISTER! Seriously. A lot of funny-looking faces being drawn here. Also, what the heck is going on with Loki?
He turns into a girl at the request of the Queen of Angels?
Very wacky stuff here. Though, I do like the panel where Thor is chomping nonchalantly on a whole chicken.

-

Cyclops #3

Speaking of funny-looking faces, check out Corsair on the cover of Cyclops #3. Corsair drops a bomb on Cykes, more father/son bonding and very beautiful splash pages. Can't ask for more than that. The latter half of this book was tugging on my feelings as I can somewhat to relate to the same thoughts that Scott is having about his father. Very emotional and deep stuff.

-

I have Marvel digital codes to Original Sin #5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 (otherwise known as Thor & Loki: WHERE IS MY SISTAH!? #1, 2 and 3). First person to reply and requests for it gets all three codes.

tim1138

Happy birthday Tyrant! It feels like I should address you by your actual name but Tyrant will do. :)

-

Original Sin #5.1-5.3
aka Thor & Loki: The Tenth Realm #1-3

After the Watcher's eye revealed some secrets, Thor finds out he has a sister. And that is his only train of thought throughout the three issues I've read so far. HOW DO WE GET MY SISTER? WHERE IS MY SISTER? ...SISTER?! SHOW ME MY SISTER! Seriously. A lot of funny-looking faces being drawn here. Also, what the heck is going on with Loki?
He turns into a girl at the request of the Queen of Angels?
Very wacky stuff here. Though, I do like the panel where Thor is chomping nonchalantly on a whole chicken.

-

Cyclops #3

Speaking of funny-looking faces, check out Corsair on the cover of Cyclops #3. Corsair drops a bomb on Cykes, more father/son bonding and very beautiful splash pages. Can't ask for more than that. The latter half of this book was tugging on my feelings as I can somewhat to relate to the same thoughts that Scott is having about his father. Very emotional and deep stuff.

-

I have Marvel digital codes to Original Sin #5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 (otherwise known as Thor & Loki: WHERE IS MY SISTAH!? #1, 2 and 3). First person to reply and requests for it gets all three codes.

Sure, I'll read Where's my sister

When did Tony become a White Lantern?

Tony just wants to reaffirm life and get to the baby making after what he helped to do in New Avengers. It's how he copes. Don't judge.

squadr0n

Is that Hulk with the weird glowy armor?

yea

The lower figure in the cover is Kluh, which is what comes out when the Hulk gets really angry. "The blackest, darkest, most evil thing, the thing that was born of the abuse of Bruce Banner as a child -- it's the Hulk's Hulk," said Remender.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
So AXIS is just full on, full tilt comic book troll writing retardation then -- pretty much just chasing the Flashpoint/Earth 2 or whatever nonsense from DC.

Fuckin' Marvel. Shame on Remender too, but I guess I feel like the odd one out when people continue to rave over his stuff.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
yea

The lower figure in the cover is Kluh, which is what comes out when the Hulk gets really angry. "The blackest, darkest, most evil thing, the thing that was born of the abuse of Bruce Banner as a child -- it's the Hulk's Hulk," said Remender.

I can't even...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom