• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Sooo in love with my new macbook keyboard <3 <3

1onXdJsl.jpg

You're probably like me and the letters don't matter much any more to begin with. Muscle memory ftw.

Zombine

Banned
Oh look at me, I am Zombine, I am so clever.

Nah, been obsessed with computers since I was 5. I type 102wpm on a good day, 94 on average. I don't even look at my keyboard when I'm typing here and I'm laying in bed using my right thumb to post on my phone.

I love the art. It's second to none along with Akira, Jin Roh, Ninja Scroll, and the rest of the big 80/90s films.

I won't disagree there. But my adolescent anime heart belongs elsewhere.

I think I still have VHS tapes of shit like Iria and Galaxy Express 999 from the Sci Fi channel in my childhood boxes.

Zombine

Banned
It does look the ultimate boob window gone horribly wrong.

I mean I just don't get it. Is it a boob stocking? It's just a virginal interpretation of a beautiful woman gone horribly wrong.

Also, remove that image and nsfw link it just to be safe. We get more leeway than most OT's, but I wouldn't want this piece of crap to be the thing that gets us a warning.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
^All your Dawn/Vampirella commentary had me laughing. That cover really does baffle me too though.

On a completely different note, that Bob's Burgers comic needs to come out already! I'm almost out of episodes of it on Netflix, so the comic couldn't be coming at a better time. I really, really hope it's as funny as the show. And even crazier.

Nah, been obsessed with computers since I was 5. I type 102wpm on a good day, 94 on average. I don't even look at my keyboard when I'm typing here and I'm laying in bed using my right thumb to post on my phone.

We might as well be twins. Nearly exactly the same numbers here (age starting computering and WPM).

Zombine

Banned
It almost seems like its a tattoo on her chest.

I mean it's clearly her and those are tattoos, But it also looks like there is plastic wrap "covering" her. Is the plastic wrap what has the green tattoos? I'm confounded to say the least.

We might as well be twins. Nearly exactly the same numbers here (age starting computering and WPM).

The first games that got me to sit down and really love computers were Duke Nukem and Commander Keen.

Messi

Hey Messi, you didn't tell us you make an appearance in this week's issue of Harley Quinn!

I haven't read it so I don't get this reference.

Buuuuuuuut

Check out what I got. They had one of each in my shitty ass store. Also got both regular covers. They also got one Batgirl cover but I don't like that one.

So happy :D

Kipp

The first games that got me to sit down and really love computers were Duke Nukem and Commander Keen.

Well that's where we're no longer twins. You've got a few years on me. Haha
I can't remember my childhood too well, but I think the first things that got me really attached to the computer were those Putt-Putt games. And I remember playing a lot of those typing games.

Zombine

Banned
Well that's where we're no longer twins. You've got a few years on me. Haha
I can't remember my childhood too well, but I think the first things that got me really attached to the computer were those Putt-Putt games. And I remember playing a lot of those typing games.

Kip 18 years old confirmed.

Check out what I got. They had one of each in my shitty ass store. Also got both regular covers. They also got one Batgirl cover but I don't like that one.

So happy :D

Yep you're in Ireland. Hoodie in August.

Kipp

Oh, so I'm just one chapter from finishing the first Hellboy Library Edition.
After I finish that today, I'll very likely be moving onto Doom Patrol, which I'm really excited about.

I do hope after I finish the first Library Edition of Hellboy I'll get the urge to order a couple more on IST immediately afterwards. Haha. I really want more Hellboy, but I don't know if my frugality will allow me to at the moment. :p

Messi

Oh man, the art in Batman is phenomenal this month. I was worried what it would be like with Capullo not drawing it. But it is fantastic. Really enjoyed the story too. Good issue bar one small thing I had an issue with.

Spoilers for it and Eternal.

The digital mask thing was really silly, it changes his whole body size and clothes too? Meh. One small complaint on an otherwise cool small story.

Batman making the crack about Joker lol

Some Eternal spoilers in there too like Gordon going down for murder, Joker still being missing and Gotham police still chasing Batman

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Ultimate FF is awful. The last issues in particular made it seem the writer stopped caring halfway.

Messi where is the Blu-ray order confirmation?

He's talking about the new series Ultimate FF, not the old Ultimate Fantastic Four series.

The one where they realized they were canceled like three issues in and went batshit, ending with
Sue raping taking Reed's genetic material
, if I'm not mistaken?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Robbi Rodriguez's last FBP issue drops today. Damn.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Finally arrived! Looks small in this pic, but its MASSIVE! Guardians Of The Galaxy maxi poster!

Bu7FlLAIUAE_CIa.jpg:large

Halcyon

Hey Comics-Gaf.

So I stopped buying/reading comics about 10 issues into the new 52 and I think I want to start reading some again.

What grabs my attention the most is Superman Unchained because I love Jim Lee's art. My general question, is that i'm not sure if I should go to the store and try to get the back issues, wait till the collection comes out and buy the book, or buy the issues with an app.

I have a tablet but I never really liked reading comics on it because it was kind of a hassle. What should I does.

IHaveIce

Banned
What Fantastic Four run was so recommended during the last years and had also something to do with the cosmic marvelverse?

Was it Hickmann's? If yes, when did his run start at which issue#?

What Fantastic Four run was so recommended during the last years and had also something to do with the cosmic marvelverse?

Was it Hickmann's? If yes, when did his run start at which issue#?

Hickman's run is great, and I also recommend Waid's run which came before.

For Hickman:

F4 vol 1 #570-574
F4 vol 2 #575-578
F4 vol 3 #579-582
F4 vol 4 #583-588
FF vol 1 #1-5
FF vol 2 #6-11
F4 vol 5 #600-604
FF vol 3 #12-16 (events take place during F4 vol 5)
FF vol 4 #17-23
F4 vol 6 #605.1, 605-611

Also worth checking out: Spider-Man #658,659,660,680&681

The omnibus vols 1 and 2 are pretty affordable on cheapgraphicnovels, but vol 2 does not hit until nov 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom