• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafro

Wasn't sure about the first issue of Inhuman, #2 was substantially better and I thought #3 (out today) was really good. Shocked to see the next issue is out in two weeks rather than two months.

dan2026

Goddamn why is the Turtles comic so freaking awesome but the movie so freaking awful.

And one will make millions more dollars than the other.
There is no justice in the world.

Owzers

Hey Comics-Gaf.

So I stopped buying/reading comics about 10 issues into the new 52 and I think I want to start reading some again.

What grabs my attention the most is Superman Unchained because I love Jim Lee's art. My general question, is that i'm not sure if I should go to the store and try to get the back issues, wait till the collection comes out and buy the book, or buy the issues with an app.

I have a tablet but I never really liked reading comics on it because it was kind of a hassle. What should I does.

I'd get the collection since you want the art, it's getting an oversized hardcover at a reasonable price of 29.99 msrp, instocktrades.com will probably have it for $15 when it comes out later on 12/3.

Be aware that the story is rather bland though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Goddamn why is the Turtles comic so freaking awesome but the movie so freaking awful.

So the comics worth reading? Whats a good jumping on point?

Actually, whats a good jumping on point for Flash and Constantine too? I'm outta the loop.

Halcyon

I'd get the collection since you want the art, it's getting an oversized hardcover at a reasonable price of 29.99 msrp, instocktrades.com will probably have it for $15 when it comes out later on 12/3.

Be aware that the story is rather bland though.

Cool, i think I'll do that. Thanks

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Hey Comics-Gaf.

So I stopped buying/reading comics about 10 issues into the new 52 and I think I want to start reading some again.

What grabs my attention the most is Superman Unchained because I love Jim Lee's art. My general question, is that i'm not sure if I should go to the store and try to get the back issues, wait till the collection comes out and buy the book, or buy the issues with an app.

I have a tablet but I never really liked reading comics on it because it was kind of a hassle. What should I does.

The story is trash, and my suggestion is to not go out of your way to get any of Superman Unchained for any reason. Go the easiest and cheapest route and wait for the Instocktrades trade to drop.

Unless you want that "medium defying" double-gatefold in the first issue.

Unai

The Arkham Unhinged, Arkham City and Arkham City: End Game comics are related to the Arkham video game universe. The Arkham City books in the sale are the same as the Dini trade in your post.

The other books on sale are just random stories and one-shot collections revolving around the villains and Arkham.

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth is basically a standalone book that has become the definitive tale involving Arkham Asylum. Not directly related to the video game universe, but an obvious influence. These issues are not found in the sale.

Hopefully that answers your question.

It does, thanks!

Cheska

So the comics worth reading? Whats a good jumping on point?

Actually, whats a good jumping on point for Flash and Constantine too? I'm outta the loop.

I actually was going to post something about the TMNT ongoing. A few threads back, you guys convinced me to get into the series, so I picked up all the current trades.

After about two weeks of bouncing back and forth between that and some other comics, I finally finished Northampton and what a ride it's been!! Coming from someone who has little attachment to the turtles otherwise, I was blown away by the depth present in this series. I mean, I haven't had any interest in TMNT since the early 90's when the show was on and the movies came out. So seeing myself become so emotionally attached to these little critters has been pretty eye opening to what some good freakin writing and art can do to you. I highly urge anyone on the fence to give it a try and not brush it off for so long because you may have thought it was "kiddy". It has several more adult themes in it than most DC/Marvel comics.

COWABUNGA DUDE!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I actually was going to post something about the TMNT ongoing. A few threads back, you guys convinced me to get into the series, so I picked up all the current trades.

After about two weeks of bouncing back and forth between that and some other comics, I finally finished Northampton and what a ride it's been!! Coming from someone who has little attachment to the turtles otherwise, I was blown away by the depth present in this series. I mean, I haven't had any interest in TMNT since the early 90's when the show was on and the movies came out. So seeing myself become so emotionally attached to these little critters has been pretty eye opening to what some good freakin writing and art can do to you. I highly urge anyone on the fence to give it a try and not brush it off for so long because you may have thought it was "kiddy". It has several more adult themes in it than most DC/Marvel comics.

COWABUNGA DUDE!

Do they finally show the turtles blazing before ordering those funky ass pizzas?

dan2026

COWABUNGA DUDE!

Damn right.

IDW Turtles is awesome!

The Turtles universe has never been portrayed better than this.
And probably never will.

Do they finally show the turtles blazing before ordering those funky ass pizzas?

Read it and find out dude.

Mr.Towel

Im sure this was discussed (though maybe not?) but for the Judge Dredd Comixology sale, what should I avoid/pick-up?

I would also like to know this. Got a 7 hour flight this weekend and need stuff to read on the plane.

Is the sale just on the IDW stuff? Because that run has been super solid so far, you can't really go wrong with it. The Mega-City 2 miniseries has been a particular stand out, for the art alone.

Sadist

The Walking Dead #130

Damnit Kirkman, just when I think you can't surprise me anymore, you go and pull something out of your tophat. The new arrivals not going for Negan's story was to be expected, but man he really does sound... different. As for the big twist, the dead can talk? That can't be it right? Doesn't make any sense. If so, why now?

Penguin

This is why I hate DC's themed months

Suicide Squad ends on a cliffhanger join us next month as we skip 5 years into the future?

Also, as much as I like deadshot, I really don't think any of his looks have ever done anything for me. I really don't like his costumes

Messi

This is why I hate DC's themed months

Suicide Squad ends on a cliffhanger join us next month as we skip 5 years into the future?

Also, as much as I like deadshot, I really don't think any of his looks have ever done anything for me. I really don't like his costumes

All of the issues are ending with that this week, it sucks.

tim1138

Gimmick month is going to be great. Think of all the money you'll be saving.

I know, I can't wait! Thank God Multiversity isn't affected by it.

GrandHarrier said:
Actually it starts during both JL and JLU for Future's End Month. But I was speaking more generally.

Don't take this away from me bro. It's my one sacred cow.

Oh that wasn't my intention at all, I just didn't want you to think there was anything Legion related this issue.

I can save all the money in September for the new creative teams in october!
I would also like to know this. Got a 7 hour flight this weekend and need stuff to read on the plane.

Im sure this was discussed (though maybe not?) but for the Judge Dredd Comixology sale, what should I avoid/pick-up?

well, this is from Mega City Two

pugdredd.jpg

that should be enough to make you decide, yeah?

Read Batman so far. Cool little one shot. Scaleras art wasn't as impressive with drab colors. I know it was supposed to be after Eternal but it barely gave anything away that we didn't already know. I thought it was supposed to introduce Arkham Manor but Igot nothing of the sort. Other than that, some cool Batman Detective work.

I might buy one or two here and there but knowing the customers my LCS gets, all those DC fanboys/flippers will probably snatch them all up before I can get there.

You should be able to tell your LCS to hold the ones that you wanted for you. My store was pretty smart about it; When orders first came up they put a pull request slip into each box and let people put what they wanted. Even last year, with the allocations, they made sure me and my roommate got all of them (that we wanted).
Which was all of them

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
What Fantastic Four run was so recommended during the last years and had also something to do with the cosmic marvelverse?

Was it Hickmann's? If yes, when did his run start at which issue#?

Ooh. Hickman's Fantastic Four did cosmic stuff? That intrigues me. I've also never read any Fantastic Four. Maybe I should check that out sometime.

Hype reaching uncontrollable levels, I wish I could just skip to owning the hardcover and Absolute edition.

Seriously. I'll be there for that Absolute edition day one.

Messi

You should be able to tell your LCS to hold the ones that you wanted for you. My store was pretty smart about it; When orders first came up they put a pull request slip into each box and let people put what they wanted. Even last year, with the allocations, they made sure me and my roommate got all of them (that we wanted).
Which was all of them

Must be nice to have a good store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom