• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2014. Infinite universes, or just fifty-two? Thanos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Not a fan of Spectre in Eternal so I don't think I'm down for this. The current supernatural arc in Eternal is killing all of the books momentum.

Its ComicGAF, not MovieGAF. They know not what they do

I think hating Aliens is almost as bad as Messi, tbh. Mark of shame that can't be erased

Especially compared to a fuckin Scott Snyder comic of all things LMAO

I'd love to hear a reasoned defense of its torching of all of the original's subtlety and tone, as I can't possibly imagine one.

I'd love to hear a reasoned defense of its torching of all of the original's subtlety and tone, as I can't possibly imagine one.

Because why remake the same movie when the first one is perfect as it? Might as well go the opposite direction and do what Cameron does best: take a situation as hackneyed as possible, tart it up with anvilicious dialogue, and present the whole concoction with such intense momentum and deliriously exciting set pieces that the audience is practically grateful to have such easily digestible characters and situations to cling to while the plot spins by at a hundred miles an hour.

Messi

Super late list affected by jet lag nonsense

Batgirl #34
Batman #34
Birds of Prey #34
Harley Quinn #9
New Suicide Squad #2 (one more and iit's dropped, only here for Harley and Duella)

Death Vigil #2
Sex Criminals #7
Shutter #5 (so hyped for this)
Zero #10

Amazing Spider-man #5
Captain Marvel #6
Deadpool #33
Original Sin #7

_

I read Zero #9 last night. WHAT THE FUCK MAN. :(

This variant for next week us just perfect. I need it

STK654823.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Okay, I see no reason why any of you guys should care much, but I finally drew a good nose and I'm so happy. http://i5.minus.com/ib2GHa06U2jOPp.png (My attempt at Rust from True Detective)
It was really odd. I just kind of did it instinctively and it came out actually looking like a nose.

And I feel like I should tack on something about comics to legitimize this post.
Read more Hellboy: Wake the Devil today. I'm being a broken record, but Hellboy continues to be the best.

Edit: Also, (re-re-)watching True Detective, Rust reminds me a tiny bit of Jesse from Preacher, mostly because they look sort of similar and both smoke. And now I have an extreme urge to re-read Preacher. Definitely gonna buy all the new TPBs after they finish releasing.

Because why remake the same movie when the first one is perfect as it? Might as well go the opposite direction and do what Cameron does best: take a situation as hackneyed as possible, tart it up with anvilicious dialogue, and present the whole concoction with such intense momentum and deliriously exciting set pieces that the audience is practically grateful to have such easily digestible characters and situations to cling to while the plot spins by at a hundred miles an hour.

The rest of this survey couldn't overpower the justifiedness of its first sentence, sorry.

Looks pretty schway, but Templesmith will only be on the book a little bit. Gotham Line is a breath of fresh air since Mike Marts left. Too bad somebody spoiled thenparty and invited Noccenti......

Messi

Looks pretty schway, but Templesmith will only be on the book a little bit. Gotham Line is a breath of fresh air since Mike Marts left. Too bad somebody spoiled thenparty and invited Noccenti......

Somebody at DC clearly likes her. But not enough to have her keep destroying a top tier character like Catwoman.

Boogiepop

Lol. Ok. T2 was good. Thing too. But the depths of harrowing quality descent between Alien and Aliens is like a million floors of the Nakatomi Building with a police chief at the bottom sighing "Man, I hope that's not a movie I gotta sit through."

Cheap scares, all the subtlety of the original drowned in muscle flex oil. It's confounding how anyone ever liked or still likes that garbage. And it only gets worse from there. Abyss? Titanic? Avatar?

I mean come on. You guys are kidding right.

Always makes me feel good when someone else is able to see this. I got so hyped to watch Aliens since it seemed everyone said it blows the first movie out of the water, and the first movie was great! And then... it was just a huge let down in pretty much every way. Just felt poorly constructed, both in general and especially in its feel as a sequel to Alien. And honestly even though I've heard people say its different (which it kind of is I guess, in that the first movie is closer to a slasher while the second feels a bit more like a zombie movie or something), it also spends a shocking amount of time retreading things from the first movie, just not as well. Heck, if you can get past the godawful effects I'd even argue that the third movie may be better than Aliens even.

Honestly the first Terminator is the only Cameron film that I straight up liked. T2 was okay but I still felt the first was better, though at least the gap isn't as big as Alien to Aliens at least. Oh, and I still need to watch Titanic sometime.

(Also, look what you guys have me typing a comics thread!)

Tizoc

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Guardians of the Galaxy will be showing here on Thursday, need to ask my brothers if they're gonna be free to watch it with me this Friday.

Good thing my no buying comics in August prevents me from owning all of Ultimate FF. what a waste. Could've been the Marvel U's answer to FBP.

I don't like how Valiant as a company is moving towards releasing a bunch of minis.

With the near confirmation of an Inhumans movie, how long until Bendis starts writing their book?

tim1138

Good thing my no buying comics in August prevents me from owning all of Ultimate FF. what a waste. Could've been the Marvel U's answer to FBP.

I don't like how Valiant as a company is moving towards releasing a bunch of minis.

With the near confirmation of an Inhumans movie, how long until Bendis starts writing their book?

Why aren't you buying comics this month? I've seen you mention it a few times, but I'm not sure I've seen why.

Can you show me an example of your excel?

At the moment I just have a basic text file. But it's set up something like this:

-Games-

Tales of Xillia 2 - 8/19 -PAID-
Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition - 8/19 -RSVD-
P4A Ultimax - 9/30 -RSVD-
Dragon Age Inquisition DLX - 11/18 -RSVD-
Far Cry 4 - 11/18
Witcher 3 - 2/24

Legend of Korra - ???
No Man's Sky - ???
Abzu - ???
Tom Clancy's The Division - ???

-------------------------------------------------------------

-Books / Graphic Novels / Manga-

Sankarea Vol.8 - 8/26

All-New X-Men Vol.5 - 9/10
Uncanny X-Men Vol.5 - 9/17
Alias omnibus - 9/24
Red Star Deluxe Edition - 9/24
Gundam ORIGIN Vol.7 - 9/30

Deadman Wonderland vol.5 - 10/14
Sankarea Vol.9 - 10/21
Bride's Story Vol.6 - 10/28
Concrete Park Vol. 1 - 10/2014

Claymore Vol.25 - 11/4
Dishonored: Dunwall Archives - 11/12

Sankarea Vol.10 - 12/2
Deadman Wonderland vol.6 - 12/9
Gundam ORIGIN Vol.8 - 12/16
Ravine Vol.2 - 12/31

Messi

Final Gail Simone main Batgirl issue tomorrow :(. She wrote the futures end tie in also but that doesn't count.

Lol Freeza, Ravine Vol 2 ain't never coming out :(

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This is my text file

Action Comics 21
All new ghost rider 5
All New X-Men 25
Amazing Spider-Man 5
Aquaman 23
Batman 34
Batman Eternal 3
Batman & Robin 33
Big trouble in little china 3
Chew 41
Daredevil 5 2014
Futures End 15
Green Arrow 27
Injustice Year two 5
Invincible 113
Iron Fist 5
Justice league 31
Legendary Star Lord 2
Magneto 7
Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man 5
Moon Knight 6
Multiversity 1 (20th Aug)
Nightcrawler 2
Original sin 7
Robin Rises 2
Rocket Raccoon 2
Saga 21
Spiderverse
Spiderman 2099 2
Uncanny Avengers 22
Uncanny X-Men 23
Walking dead 130

Super basic haha. Btw, what game sites let you reserve games to pay off later before release?

Super basic haha. Btw, what game sites let you reserve games to pay off later before release?

It's stuff I have pre-ordered at the local Gamestop, which seems to be the only good Gamestop in the entire world based on the stories I hear from practically everyone on the internet.

List time!

• Batman And Robin #34
  • Batman Eternal #20
  • Multiversity #1
  • Wicked + The Divine #3
  • Daredevil #7
  • Ms. Marvel #7
  • New Avengers #23
  • Secret Avengers #7
  • Delinquents #1

Status
Not open for further replies.